Smart gun will put fingerprint, facial recognition technology to work: Biofire has called it the 'first and only biometric firearm on the market'

Reptile

NES Member

This is going to be a disaster.

Tell the bad guy:

"Hold on, I gotta log into my gun."

Marsha needs to buy stock in this company and mandate it for Massachusetts.

STEP 1
Search "smart gun"

STEP 2
look at results.

SmartSelect_20240418_155830_Chrome.jpg

STEP 3
see there is a thread.

DUPE

So if the technology is as reliable as they'd lead you to believe, what police departments are adopting this technology?

Once these "smart guns" are released, it will be a matter of hours before there is a YouTube video on how to bypass the biometric system and fire it like a normal gun.

This is America. Build a better mousetrap, yada yada.

I wish these people well. I hope they get rich.

Maybe it serves some customer who needs to keep their derelict brother-in-law from accessing a weapon.

But nfw should these be mandatory. Hopefully we're beyond that.

I'd never buy one

Last edited:
If cuckold was a picture in the dictionary

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240418_202439_Brave.jpg
    Screenshot_20240418_202439_Brave.jpg
    536.1 KB · Views: 13
Eczema leaves my finger too dry for printscan. Right thumb is unreadable.

Not sure what it is with mine but seems to be a combination of dry skin (aka old) and working with my hands all the time. Could be side effect of Addison’s but I never bothered to check because it’s not an everyday thing.

Printscan - nope both FRB and Foster had to settle for “mush” on their screens.

Data centers I visit have stop trying. They give me a badge with no biometrics and I turn it in when I leave every visit.

Clear - no less than a half dozen reps have tried to print me. Invariable fall back to iris scans

DoD - had issues to but finally got “ok” prints with old fashioned ink pad a paper (that was 15 years ago now, no idea if it would still work).

There always seems to be that one guy/girl who says “no I can make it work”and thinks they have a magic touch with Lotion they let soak in… usually leaves disappointed after 15 minutes or so.

I’ve gotten to the point where I start with “you’re welcome to try…but”

I don't want anything introducing any doubt as to whether a gun is going to fire when I pull the trigger.

Not just no, but HELL NO.

I think it's a combination of the quality of the machine and the skill of the operator.

In January I had to get scanned for my Texas paramedic license. The lady had no problem getting a good scan.

In March, I had to get scanned for my Texas LTC. The young guy running that machine had the hardest time getting a decent set of prints. He submitted them, but wasn't sure if DPS would want a rescan. They didn't and I got my TX LTC without any issue.

It's also so Texas that it took about three weeks to get a LTC and three months to get a paramedic license. ;)

Not sure what it is with mine but seems to be a combination of dry skin (aka old) and working with my hands all the time. Could be side effect of Addison’s but I never bothered to check because it’s not an everyday thing.

Printscan - nope both FRB and Foster had to settle for “mush” on their screens.

Data centers I visit have stop trying. They give me a badge with no biometrics and I turn it in when I leave every visit.

Clear - no less than a half dozen reps have tried to print me. Invariable fall back to iris scans

DoD - had issues to but finally got “ok” prints with old fashioned ink pad a paper (that was 15 years ago now, no idea if it would still work).

There always seems to be that one guy/girl who says “no I can make it work”and thinks they have a magic touch with Lotion they let soak in… usually leaves disappointed after 15 minutes or so.

I’ve gotten to the point where I start with “you’re welcome to try…but”

Back
Top Bottom