Sling mount for an 870

je25ff

NES Member
I have an 870 that I put a tube extension on, the issue is that the tube extension itself is larger than what it screws onto. This means I can't use a sling mount that goes on the tube cap itself. Does anyone know of a good sling mount product that mounts in between the tube extension piece and the original? Not sure if I'm explaining this correctly or not...

They sell sling mounts which connect to the barrel clamp. Choate makes one; many other manufactures do aswell. Just google it up.

My 870 has a barrel clamp with a swivel stud on it.

Look through midway and brownells. They're bound to have something you'll like.

They sell sling mounts which connect to the barrel clamp. Choate makes one; many other manufactures do aswell. Just google it up.

When you say the barrel clamp, do you mean the threaded end of the original tube where the tube extension screws on (edit: nevermind, I see what you mean) I took a picture of what I'm talking about. I would assume that a sling mount would fit between the tube extension and the threads for the original tube.

34erihi.jpg

Last edited:
hahah I can't win. I got the clip with a sling mount on it and the screw that goes through the middle isn't long enough. I think the diameter of the tube extension I got isn't, "standard" . You can see in the picture that the diameter is larger than the stock tube extension. Now all I need is a longer screw with a mount hole on one side.

You know the with that clamp, there is a barrel radius and a mag tube radius.

Therte is one thing to note, and that's, don't tighten the screw too tight, lest you collapse the extension tube. Don't ask me how I know.

Back
Top Bottom