• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sketchy guy

Sketchy guy?

This him????

1408401439426_wps_43_King_s_College_London_new.jpg

Damn, Crit! Great minds and all. Or at least the two of us. ROFL!!!

Just wanted to mention that I had a sketchy guy with out of state plates casing my house today. Not sure what that was about. He was parked out front for a 1/2 hour. The neighbor went up and spoke to him. He said he was a solar panel salesman. Neighbor said he had an arrogant attitude.

He took a picture of his license plate, and reported him to the police. When he saw him take a pic of his license plate, he drove off.

Keep your eyes our for suspicious behavior.
Screen Shot 2021-01-09 at 2.16.41 PM.png

Yesterday I was slowly driving around town looking for the right video shooting location for a planned shoot this afternoon. I needed to find a pothole on a road with minimal traffic and proper lighting (not a lot of tree shadows). This was more difficult than it seemed. I am sure people thought it was pretty sketchy for me to be slowly driving past their houses, and probably even more sketchy when I shot some screen test footage when I did find a proper location.

I woke up one morning about 5:30 with the dogs going nuts, checked the cameras and there's an old rusty gold explorer blocking the end of my driveway, 2 guys sitting in it. Got Mrs. Luck up, leashed the dogs, and went down there to talk to them. They weren't paying attention to me, got all the way to the window which was down. I surprised the shit out of them. They showed me a badge and pointed across and down the street where they were kicking a door, said 'call the PD next time pls'. I'm pretty sure they can't just park on my property like that, but it was 5:30 so I just let it go.

Some turd was setting off fireworks at 3:30am last night. The first few that woke me up were just pops - I thought someone plugged a home intruder nearby until I heard additional pops that were accompanied by the "fizzing" noise that fireworks make.

Often, I'm sure not always, PI's, repo men, etc. will check in with the local PD before doing business in quiet neighborhoods. In my town door-to-door solicitors are supposed to get permits before they start their rounds. I'd probably do the license plate photo thing too, nice move.

He seemed legit maybe that time of year?
Legit? No one in the solar industry is legit. Every one of the companies out there exists solely to vacuum up government subsidies provided by either compliant or stupid legislators. 20 years from now, the contract will be over and people will have to deal with a short ton of hazardous materials degrading on their roofs.

Compliant or stupid legislators? Perhaps I should embrace the healing powers of "and".

Legit? No one in the solar industry is legit. Every one of the companies out there exists solely to vacuum up government subsidies provided by either compliant or stupid legislators. 20 years from now, the contract will be over and people will have to deal with a short ton of hazardous materials degrading on their roofs.

Compliant or stupid legislators? Perhaps I should embrace the healing powers of "and".
I meant legit as a salesman. And not a junky casing the joint

So my driveway say private property no trespassing. I have a small pond behind my house which I own my driveway is 800 or so feet. More people come down and park behind my house one guy came down 3 times last Friday before I talked to him going to add a gate or stump wall and take the tractor road out.

We had one park up the hill. He actually came by and said, "Hi, I'm a private investigator doing some work for a client, and just to let you know I'll be parked up the hill from you for awhile watching traffic."

When I was in my early 20's I was an insurance investigator (basically tailing and getting film of people making a fraudulent claim not catching cheating husbands or anything.) The stories I could tell of the people I busted and getting burned are hilarious, like the one guy in upstate New York who made me, jumped on the hood of my car, I slammed it into reverse in a full parking lot, sending him spiraling off onto the pavement.

I would always check in the local PD, just show them my driver's license, plate, make/model, business card, and say, 'hey, I'm going to be in town, around such and such road(s), if anyone calls in, it's me.' Had people approach my car and ask wtf I was doing there and I'd say, 'sorry I can't say, but feel free to call the PD, they know I'm here'

Guy running for Board of Health locally was walking around putting pamphlets in people's mailboxes. I was outside cutting down and burning brush with my wife when he started walking towards us (in backyard) my wife had seen this scene before so she started walking to the house. Anyways he tells me who he is and blah blah...

Me: Do you believe the lockdowns have been effective?

Him: Yes I do and here is why...

Me: Let me stop you there, your only going to be wasting your time from here on out.

We get a different solar salesmen every other weekend on my street.

I meant a real solar salesman. And not a burglar

Guy running for Board of Health locally was walking around putting pamphlets in people's mailboxes. I was outside cutting down and burning brush with my wife when he started walking towards us (in backyard) my wife had seen this scene before so she started walking to the house. Anyways he tells me who he is and blah blah...
The moment his foot touched the grass next to my front walkway towards me, I would've told him to get the F off my property.

Me: Do you believe the lockdowns have been effective?

Him: Yes I do and here is why...

Me: Let me stop you there, your only going to be wasting your time from here on out.

We get a different solar salesmen every other weekend on my street.
Some years ago a now good friend I met for the first time, he says ‘do you like to drink beer?’ Yup! ‘How do you feel about obamba?’ f***ing hate that commie POS! He replies ‘I think we’re gonna be good friends’

Back
Top Bottom