• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Six year old hero

I couldn't even imagine losing one of my boys. What I don't understand is if the kids got picked up by Helo, why were they walking down the road alone?

You gotta be kidding me. A helicopter can take 7 children, but not ONE SINGLE adult to look after the children? *SHOCKED*

Still, that 6 year old did quite well. Surely luck was on his side too, but his parents should be proud.

All the more reason to drill some basics into the kids. Name, address, telephone #.

One of the Shower gifts we got was a coupon for 5 of those little metal tags you lace into a child's shoe with a name and telephone number on it. What a great idea! We were going to use our home phone, but it makes 100% more sense to use a cell phone.

Looks like the young man has decent parents. They've definitely taught him responsibility. A wrenching story, but, I can understand the parents decision completely. Since the helo didn't come back right off, they did the right thing.

Okay,Ross if Lynne reads this she'll need a big box of kleenex. I can't imagine having my kid out of my sight when he was small. The parents did a great job,and I am glad they got reunited with their parents.

MrsWildweasel said:
Okay,Ross if Lynne reads this she'll need a big box of kleenex. I can't imagine having my kid out of my sight when he was small. The parents did a great job,and I am glad they got reunited with their parents.

Yeah, that's why I issued a tissue alert. figured you'd need it too. [lol]

Damn, but I love a happy ending.

Ross

MrsWildweasel said:
You can't even make me believe that about you! [lol]

Don't take my word for it, ask Ross's niece Liz. She was shooting my 1911A1 with full power lead bullet loads (and other stuff like the AR clone, as well).

You know I was trying for that Bitch image. Guess that won't work much. [lol]
I'm with you on the kids and military. I'll go out of my way for either. [lol]

MrsWildweasel said:
You know I was trying for that Bitch image. Guess that won't work much. [lol]
I'm with you on the kids and military. I'll go out of my way for either. [lol]

Ahh, you'll need my wife for your mentor in that case. She can be a total BITCH and she's proud of it (fortunately I'm not usually on the receiving end). She also has the same soft spots you and I do.

Can't say I have the bitch,but if I'm pissed well you just do not want to be around. Takes alot for me to get there,but when I blow,well you better run.
One of my father-in-laws friends, was I guess a grump,came off as really gruff,but it did not take long for me to figure out he was the biggest teddy bear around.
I'll have to take lesson from your wife. [lol] [lol]
Oh and NIckle I have you pegged for the teddy bear. [twisted]

Nickle said:
Ahh, you'll need my wife for your mentor in that case. She can be a total BITCH and she's proud of it (fortunately I'm not usually on the receiving end). She also has the same soft spots you and I do.

Sorry, Nickel, I've met her and I've already seen through that act.

Uh... either that, or since I'm not a serviceman, I qualify as a kid. Did I just get adopted?

Ross

Well, I guess Ross has seen both sides of her personality. SHe can be really nice, but DON'T PO her. Most of the Dead Horse that were there have seen her in a really foul mood. It isn't a pretty picture.

I'm told she got it from her father, but I never got on his bad side, He absolutely loved it when we visited. Of course, my mother-in-law didn't want him to have beer in the house, but she wouldn't say boo about it if I was there MIGHT have something to do with it. I miss the both of them, they're long gone.

And this is what he's gotten into: (quote from dhMC web page)

Ode to a DeadHORSe

"Sung to the tune of the Addams Family"
Accompanied by KAZOO

THEY'RE WACKY AND THEIR KOOKY
THEY RIDE BM's AND GUZZI's
THEY BRING ALONG THEIR FLOOZIES
THE DEAD HORSE FAMILY

THEY'RE DOCTORS AND THEY'RE LAWYERS
THEY'RE FROM THE JERSEY SHORE ah's
THEM GOD DAMM F___'n WHORE ah's
THE DEAD HORSE FAMILY

THEY'RE RALLY RATS FOR SURE ah
THEY DRINK BEER AND TEQUILLA
THEY FALL DOWN FAR AND NEARER
THE DEAD HORSE FAMILY

THEY STAY UP ALL NIGHT LONG
THEY DRINK UNTIL THE DAWN
WITH OUZO THEY ARE GONE
THE DEAD HORSE FAMILY

THEY DON'T DO WHAT THEY OUGHT TOO
THEY BARBEQUED A DOG
INSISTED IT WAS HOG
THE DEAD HORSE FAMILY

THEY DO THE MOST FUN THINGS
BOTH CLOWNISH AND DUMB THINGS
THEIR RALLY GAMES ARE FUN THINGS
THE DEAD HORSE FAMILY

FROM LAWN CHAIR RACES ONE ah
TO FIRE JUMPING TWO ah
THEY TURTLE TILL THEY'RE THROUGH ah
THE DEAD HORSE FAMILY

THEIR BIKES ARE LIKE MUSEUMS
YOU OUGHT TO COME AND SEE um
THEY'RE MOSTLY EUROPEAN
THE DEAD HORSE FAMILY

THEY DRINK THEM BLACK AND TANS
UNTIL THEY CAN NOT STAND
THEY'RE IN A KAZOO BAND
THE DEAD HORSE FAMILY

THEY CUT THE RANGERS TIRES
THEY LIGHT TOO MANY FIRES
THEM GOD DAMM F___'n LIARS
THEY DEAD HORSE FAMILY

THE DEAD HORSE FAMILY

Nickle said:
And she's the one that went to Finger Lakes instead, right?

Yeah, but not the Finger Lakes Rally - she doesn't ride. She went with our friends to the wineries; they had to stock up on ice wines. :(

Nickle said:
[snip]
THEIR BIKES ARE LIKE MUSEUMS
YOU OUGHT TO COME AND SEE um
THEY'RE MOSTLY EUROPEAN
THE DEAD HORSE FAMILY
[snip]
THE DEAD HORSE FAMILY

WOOHOO!!

Sounds like my kind of loons! Guess I fit right in.

Back
Top Bottom