• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sig Sauer Legion P226 - Love it!!!

It comes out of the box without a typical meh sig trigger... whats not to love? They should all be like that gun is set up.

I have owned a Sig 220 all stainless, I have a P228, I have owned several 226's, A Sig Elite P229, P245, I just got a P320 and a P225. This by far is the best out of the box trigger by far.

If I came across one/ could get my hands on one here in Mass, I would snatch it up faster than than you can say fan boy. Added plus is that in Mass pre ban mags are pretty accessible.

I have a 226 legion and I hate it...but for a different reason. My 226 shot so well I bought a p229 legion for carry. The 229 does have a coating issue that took 7 weeks to resolve. The other reason I hate the 226 and 229 is now I need a bigger safe. So now I am looking for a new safe.

What does a legion run for?

About 1500 I've heard is list. Has a Grayguns adjustable trigger, it's pretty damn amazing at factory settings. Dry fired my jitsu coach's, was very impressed. I have a tacops 226, and I love that, but this was very impressive.

The 226 also comes SAO, and that's just as impressive.

Can I assume that this is not on the EOPSS approved roster? Hard to tell since Sig has about 30 P226 models

It is so f_king difficult living in this POS communist hellhole. I go to the Sig website and see that they have a page listing "State Compliant guns" I look and they have lists for both CA and MA .. I say "ureeka!" and click the link.... and........... according to Sig the only MA compliant gun they sell is the 1911 Stainless Target.. what a f_king joke.

Last edited:
Someone fill me in on how to get a P226 legion

Nobody talks about this in public otherwise NOBODY gets a legion. [laugh]

-Mike

- - - Updated - - -

What does the Legion have over the standard 226?

The biggest advantage is you get a trigger that isn't shit out of the box, and you get an undercut under the trigger guard that helps you hold the gun a little better. The factory grips are pretty nice, too. there's some other stuff I'm forgetting but its the frou frou stuff that I never really pay much attention to.

-Mike

nice sig, for sure. i'd like one myself but the 220 10mm is first on the sig want list. enjoy.

Surprised you were not beheaded on NES for posting love for/ purchasing a Legion- No obligatory "you dont need the trigger or the sights or the serrations or the undercut or the beavertail or the grey coating- spend the money on ammo and practice, practice." That said, AWESOME!

I must admit, when I first heard of the Legion series, I was put off by the seemingly exclusive advertising ploy- the "members only" challenge coin coupled with the tacti-cool, scruffy "operator" mug shot on the website.

Fast forward a few months: Was at my local gun shop last week and spoke with the owner- him and I were both looking at new Sigs at the same time. He went with a Tacops, and I went with the X5. He asked if I had seen the new Legion pistols- I explained my opinion (above) and he said- you have to hold this thing and feel the trigger....Well, I'll be damned- I have added the P226 SAO to my short list of "must buy" guns. The trigger is MAGICAL. I dont think I could fit a piece of paper between the trigger and the wall when it resets..Feels just like my Wilson- better than the X5 but doesnt have "race gun" written all over it...Love the xray sights, undercut, beavertail- feels amazing in your hand. After leaving the shop, I was just pissed because now I know I will own one.....

Congrats!!!! I know I will buy the 226 DAO in 9, but still do not like the advertising strategy associated with these pistols- Im sure Sig does, though!

Last edited:
I love my P320 trigger :)

As a P320 owner I think it's "on the edge" of being too heavy, but it still breaks cleaner than a lot of random P series DA/SA guns I've fired. I should have been more clear... most of the stock AL/steel framed P series triggers are "meh" unless you get lucky and get a nice one.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom