SIG SAUER in the news

So where is the proof that Osama was shot with a P226? or is this all "Because the navy seals use it" thing? [laugh]

-Mike

$900 for a sig 9mm?

That's new. Used P226 .357 Sig LE turn in I bought at a recent show for $399.

IMGP0747.jpg

IMGP0745.jpg

IMGP0746.jpg

My first real handgun was a 226 two tone. I've branched out, but I still love Sigs.

IIRC, you had a 226 and something about it didn't fit you. What was it? I ask because I have a few SIGs and I've handled the E2. The E2 grip is nice and it can be added to older 226s. I'm not sure about 229s though as the E2 229 uses different mags.

I do like my 226 a lot and it's one of my favorites. I'm not sure I care that it was used to kill OBL though.

Last edited:
I pretty much have gotten rid of every Sig I own, but I'll be back, some day... [laugh] Would be nice to try out something with the E2 grips on it.

-Mike

IIRC, you had a 226 and something about it didn't fit you. What was it? I ask because I have a few SIGs and I've handled the E2. The E2 grip is nice and it can be added to older 226s. I'm not sure about 229s though as the E2 229 uses different mags.

I'm not sure that was me. The factory Sig grips fit my hands pretty well. I've put Hogue finger groove grips on a couple of them, too. I don't carry a 229 though, because it's too thick to conceal easily on me. I switched to a 239 for that.

I had a 239 in .40. Sold that. Had a 226 in 9mm. Didn't like it. Sold that. I still have a P239 in 9mm, which is nominally my wife's but she doesn't particularly care for it either. I just can't warm up to high bore axis and DA/SA.

I'm not sure that was me. The factory Sig grips fit my hands pretty well. I've put Hogue finger groove grips on a couple of them, too. I don't carry a 229 though, because it's too thick to conceal easily on me. I switched to a 239 for that.

Sorry. I replied to the wrong post. That was intended for Jose.

I just can't warm up to high bore axis and DA/SA.

Maybe since I started the big calibers on a Sig, I don't appreciate or notice the high bore axis thing. Even shooting Glock vs. Sig, or H&K P7 vs. Sig, I just don't feel or see a big difference. I'm going to have to calculate the actual difference in leverage to see if this is more of a red herring.

DA/SA is a pain for training, only because the DA on the Sigs can feel heavy. Wolff Springs help with that. The crisp SA break is nice, though. While I love shooting the Glock, the trigger feels spongy to me. The M&P's feel even worse. But I guess it's what you're used to. Hell, I like shooting them all.

Maybe since I started the big calibers on a Sig, I don't appreciate or notice the high bore axis thing. Even shooting Glock vs. Sig, or H&K P7 vs. Sig, I just don't feel or see a big difference. I'm going to have to calculate the actual difference in leverage to see if this is more of a red herring.
I feel the difference.

DA/SA is a pain for training, only because the DA on the Sigs can feel heavy. Wolff Springs help with that.
As DA triggers go, the Sig isn't bad. But you still have the transition from long DA to short SA. I shoot a K-frame revolver in IDPA, and for the past six months have been doing so with a stock gun. So I don't have a problem with long, relatively stiff trigger.

The crisp SA break is nice, though.
No, not really. It's OK, but the best SIG SA that I've tried is about as good as a bad 1911.

While I love shooting the Glock, the trigger feels spongy to me.
Yea, Glock triggers are spongy. However, they do have a short travel and very short reset.

My SIGs have been accurate and reliable. But I just can't warm up to them.

It's not... spend enough time shooting different guns and you'll notice a difference. In 9mm though it doesn't amount to much. It also depends on how big your hands are. If you have hands the size of oven mitts control is easier to come by. Otherwise, I find Glocks and 1911s to be easier to control than most others, partially due to low bore axis.

-Mike

It's not... spend enough time shooting different guns and you'll notice a difference. In 9mm though it doesn't amount to much. It also depends on how big your hands are. If you have hands the size of oven mitts control is easier to come by. Otherwise, I find Glocks and 1911s to be easier to control than most others, partially due to low bore axis.
-Mike

Not oven mitts, but Sig and Glock grips feel very comfortable, even with extra rubber, and anything single stack feels like it gets swallowed up in my hands.

I've got an apples to oranges problem, too. My only Glock is 9mm. The Sigs are .40, and the 1911 is .45 of course. I have a 9mm barrel for one of the Sigs, so I'll try some side-by-side to see if I feel it. As you say, .40 and .45 would likely be more noticeable.

It was in the news (OP), so it has to be true! [smile] Anyway, we KNOW for a fact that it wasn't a Glock. [rofl]

You 100% sure on that? Sources? I mean, we are getting a ton of 'facts' being released that are later being contradicted.

Not knocking Sig, owned 2 and loved my 232, hated my 239 and saw a 226 eject brass into a friends face (retired Marine sniper).

Last edited:
FWIW, I put E2 grips on my P226 and P229, and I'll never be taking those off. Really improves the feel, and I liked them before.

Shit, maybe I shouldn't have sold my 226.......

Can the E2 grip be retroffited to an old, W German made 226?

Shit, maybe I shouldn't have sold my 226.......

Can the E2 grip be retroffited to an old, W German made 226?

Yes. That's what I have (1988). You have to buy a new mainspring, because the E2 kit uses the later plastic "boot" vice the older metal seat, and one of the newer trigger bar springs, but the two together are is less than $10. In my case, probably not a bad investment anyway, as I had many thousand rounds on the mainspring, and the new trigger bar spring is a product improvement over the old one.

Total swap-out time is 10 minutes.

Here's my P229 switched over. (Didn't snap a pic of my P226, but I can later today)

2uxza4n.jpg

Last edited:
You 100% sure on that? Sources? I mean, we are getting a ton of 'facts' being released that are later being contradicted

Sorry Skald, I was trolling on that one. Not trying to start a Glock fight. I like Glocks a lot, I just don't like the MA markup. Should have brought more with me when I moved here.

Back
Top Bottom