• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sig P238 Help

I have owned this Sig P238 380acp for approx 4yrs I bought it used, I never really had any issues except the other day at the range I shot two mags & I noticed the ejector fell out onto the table, The pin that holds the ejector & sear was popped out half way. I took it home inspected & cleaned the gun, I noticed the trigger bar keeps slipping out of position causing the trigger to be dead. Any thoughts or opinions??
Thanks Scott[crying]

Here. Jump to 5 min mark. It sounds like the sear spring is not behind the sear pin or the sear itself is in the wrong position. He specifically mentions the trigger bar and that if either of those conditions exist the trigger will not work.

BTW. The only things on the sear pin are the ejector and the sear. So you didn't loose any parts. You just need to put it back together correctly. [smile]

Last edited by a moderator:
I realized after closer inpection the trigger spring is bent keeping the trigger bar from staying in line with the disconnector & sear. I also lost the slidestop spring & my extractor is not working well, So I will order the parts from Sig & it should be good.

Back
Top Bottom