Sig Arms P245 or Glock 30?

Is this for carry use? or For the range

I don't have the facts in front of me but the Glock may be a bit lighter and a more appealing trigger to some. I am not a Glock guy but they are a well made gun.

The Sig to me is a Cadillac. I love Sigs. Sig is also a very well made gun. I like the options on a Sig a little better. Double or single action, Decocker, Safety.

I give the edge to Sig

I tried a P245 before I traded for my CS45, and if I was still in the
market I would buy the Sig in a heartbeat. That gun was one of the
most accurate I have ever shot. The longer slide with a shorter grip
follows the Colt CCO model of an Officer frame with a commander
slide. It was super controllable and concealed great SOB. If you can
try one, I bet you will be hooked. The guy at the range (AFS) who let
me try his told me that he has hooked 7 customers so far with his
demo, and I beleive it!

F

Both are great handguns. The Sig may be a bit more accurate, the Glock has more capacity. The Sig is a little bit thinner so it may conceal better, but this can vary from person to person.

I suggest that you try both in concealed mode. Get a good holster, try wearing both around the house, then take them to the range and see if you shoot one better than the other. The one that fits best and which you can shoot best (hopefully one will win both categories) is the one you should choose.

FPrice said:
I suggest that you try both in concealed mode. Get a good holster, try wearing both around the house, then take them to the range and see if you shoot one better than the other. The one that fits best and which you can shoot best (hopefully one will win both categories) is the one you should choose.

Anybody got a loaner!

Double or single action, Decocker, Safety.
Sig's don't have an external safety -- they only have a decocker. You can't carry a Sig hammer cocked on a loaded chamber. Or, at least, you shouldn't.

A Sig is not an HK USP that can be carried hammer down safety on, hammer down safety off, or hammer cocked safety on.

That said, HKs have their own issues...

Correct about the saftey, what was I thinking (slap in the head).... (not a good excuse but I am pulling mad hours at work right now, need to bring my "A game")

I'm going through the same issues as you. Like Type0 I see the Sig as a caddy. But for me, for a carry gun #1 is concealability and reliability.

I love Sig's to death, but if I can conceal the glock better on my body I'd carry the glock unless its winter where I got heavier, bulkier clothing.

And no TypeO, I'm not gonna go and conceal a CAR-15 for the hell of it, though if you give me a long coat that fits I probably could and look 'normal' for the most part.

Skald said:
And no TypeO, I'm not gonna go and conceal a CAR-15 for the hell of it, though if you give me a long coat that fits I probably could and look 'normal' for the most part.

[lol] If the shoe fits wear it

Moderator said:
Skald said:

[lol] If the shoe fits wear it

Lends new meaning to the old question;

"Is that a gun in your pocket or are you really glad to see me?

Sorry guys the Sig is no Cadillac. A Mercedes, maybe, but not a Caddy.
I'd go with the Glock for carry and the Sig for just about everything else, including winter carry IWB or OWB. Also consider the S&W CS and Para compact models.

Chris

As a long time wheel-gunner, I just CANNOT abide a trigger that switches between DA and SA on it's own between shots. I want a consistent trigger. When the DAK option becomes available on the SIG 45, I will give it a fresh look, but right now the Glock is, for me, a no-brainer.

Regards
John

ChristosX said:
Sorry guys the Sig is no Cadillac. A Mercedes, maybe, but not a Caddy.

Sorry please excuse my ignorance but I am having a hard time following your analogy.

Are you saying a Caddy is better than a Mercedes and a Sig is not at that status?

Or are you pointing out that you think a Mercedes is much better than a Cadillac and the Sig is firepower engineering genius?

Respectfully,
B.J.

Without getting too far off topic... My experience with Cadillac is that it is a product resting on a reputation earned many years ago and fallen on, shall we say, hard(er) times. The brand's recent renaissance notwithstanding, it is still a GM product with the inherent quality control issues. Mercedes Benz has a reputation of fine German engineering and outstanding quality control. Therefore Sig=Mercedes. BTW, I can afford neither a Mercedes or Cadillac, so the Chevy truck and Honda Accord analogies may be forthcoming... ;)

Chris

Well, sorry folks, but as a Mercedes owner, Sig doesn't come close.

Sig is a fine firearm if that is the only design you're going to be accustomed to. Sig might be a caddy if HK is the Benz. The problem I have with both is the DA/SA, as someone else already pointed out.

I love my HK but I detest the two trigger pulls. That's one of the reasons my Glock always gets the nod.

This automotive analogy stuff will get out of hand. Tony, while consistency of pull is a plus, some people just cant get used to the "trigger within a trigger" feel of the Glock safe-action. In either case, practice with your gun of choice will go a long way towards effective use.
We all can write with pens AND pencils, and the Glock people still have their crayons... ;)

Still having fun here,
Chris

ChristosX said:
This automotive analogy stuff will get out of hand. Tony, while consistency of pull is a plus, some people just cant get used to the "trigger within a trigger" feel of the Glock safe-action. In either case, practice with your gun of choice will go a long way towards effective use.
We all can write with pens AND pencils, and the Glock people still have their crayons... ;)

Still having fun here,
Chris

I agree. I was the last to ever give in to "tupper ware". My problem is I can not get used to two trigger pulls. As much as I've tried, (I love my HK) it's just not accommadating. BTW, what is the, "trigger within a trigger feel"? There is no digital feeling of that little piece of unnecessary metal.

The Glock is the closest feel to trigger pull as a 1911. It's the closest I've felt since my Browning which is why I can't get past it.

Referring to the inner trigger of the Glock safe action. It seems to bite me every time I shoot a Glock. I simply prefer the smoother feel of a traditional trigger. Also, -and I admit maybe I am too critical on this point,- I seem to get distracted by the feel of the little inner trigger, and any distraction is too much distraction when trying to shoot accurately.
This only proves once again that, one size does NOT fit all. BTW, ever consider a DAO Sig???

Back
Top Bottom