SHTF Response - Domestic War

I can see two possible collapse of organizational services (government) senerios - Domestic War: War with a foreign power on US soil or Civil War - War with the US on US soil, since I do not believe government would break-down on its own since government has the ability to increase prices (taxes) and decrease costs (services) to ensure its own survival until the populas rises up against it.
This thread is about the response to the prior senerio rather than the later. So here is the SHTF senerio. What plans have you implemented to respond to this senerio and what is your response:
Senerio: You wake up tomorrow morning and hear on the news: Under the cover of darkness, China has landed 2 million ground troops on the West cost of the United States of America. They have established a beach-head and are advancing their position.

I'd turn the channel because I'd know it was bullshit, just like most everything else on TV.

This country has already been invaded, where you been?

Senerio: You wake up tomorrow morning and hear on the news: Under the cover of darkness, China has landed 2 million ground troops on the West cost of the United States of America. They have established a beach-head and are advancing their position.

I put on my business casual attire, grab a briefcase, and step in from of their column of advancing tanks! That usually stops them cold!

They landed on the west coast, California? And you call that an attack? I'd call it a relief effort. Let them have CA.

War with a foreign power on US soil

OK, so which naval power is going to attack us? The US Navy is the largest in the world, larger than the next 13 navies COMBINED. China doesn't have the naval power to invade Taiwan, just a few miles from their coast. Even if Russia had a significant navy (which they don't anymore), their military is a hollow shell, and they are always worried about the 2 billion Chinese on their border.

The Canadians? Their military consists of 3 mounties, a kayak, a pickup truck, and a kite.

The Mexican Army couldn't organize a piss-up in a pub.

... we rally at Partisan Rock just outside Calumet, Colorado in our chest rigs and drop leg holsters, and kick the Commies out just like those kids did the last time back in '84. duh. [laugh]

Is there going to be a teenaged Lea Thompson there? I ain't going unless teen Lea is going to be there.

back off she's mine! and besides, you ascribe to kantian ethics, and cannot exploit another human being for your own desires. i suffer from no such intellectual hinderance when it comes to a teenage Lea Thompson. [smile]

But I WOULDN'T be exploiting her! I'd be HELPING her past the trauma of her abuse at the hands of the dastardly Russian soldiers by systematic desensitization therapy.

Pure altruism sir!

Here, let me pour a little gasoline on the teen Lea Thompson hijack fire...remember that scene with her in "All The Right Moves"......Eh?

Whatever are you talking about. I certainly do NOT have certain websites with those photos bookmarked as favorites. Nope. Not me.

I am NOT going to make a Villiage People 'In the Navy' joke here. Nope. I've got too much respect for the Naval service to do something like that.

OK, so which naval power is going to attack us?
And just where is OUR navy while enough shipping to hold 2 million men is steaming across the Pacific? Where were our satellites?

Seriously, it's not a realistic question because darkness is no longer a hindrance to a military with night vision devices, RADAR and satellite surveillance. Not to mention a pissload of Los Angeles-class attack submarines.

Personally, I find the scenario that you dismissed as impossible far more likely - internal breakdown of gov't services.

Besides, the chulos in South Central won't stand for anyone "invading" their hood(s).. [rolleyes]

You're more likely to get a better response to a Zed attack..

Wolverines! [rofl]

Why propose a domestic war senerio?

There have been a lot of comments dismissing the possibility of a domestic war as a valid SHTF sernerio. I proposed this senerio for discussion before proposing two other senerios because I felt that they would be easier to generate responses.
The other two are: Police State response to civil unrest - The president declares a state of emergency and uses Emergency Execuative Powers implement domestic military law, calling upon the armed Forces to serve as domestic law enforcement while implementing "temperary" protections.
Civil War.
To me both of these senerios are much stickier situations as they will likely involve responses that violate "the law" even if "the law" is contrary to the intent, and possibly the letter, of the constitution.
Even though I am not in the military or law enforcement. If there were a domestic war, I would 1) Make sure my family is safely cared for by my relatives and 2) Pack up to assit my countrymen in defending our soil. Civil War and Police State responses are more tricky since defending our country means fighting our countryman.

Back
Top Bottom