shtf alcohol stock?

I think JD would be a good barter item. Those square bottles have a certain appeal to them. It's good enough , and not too expensive.

I drink single malt , but infrequently , and in small doses. Usually , mostly.. Fine. Whatever. ... See that guy ? He's looking at me ... I'm gonna kick his ass ...

JD is good for when you run out of ammo and need to bash someones skull in, don't drink it though..

Stock up with lots of vodka, see if you can buy it by the barrel like whiskey [laugh]

Can you still get the 100% Everclear in RI? That was great stuff to mix with. Maraschino cherries soaked in it were awesome.

I've packed away some nice stuff, but some 'barter nips' sound like a great idea.
Everclear over vodka. It's concentrated enough that you can use it to sterilze and clean items, and if you want it at the 80 proof of vodka, you can dilute it.

A note on whiskey--it doesn't keep forever, particularly after it's opened. Whiskey will oxidize like wine, just at a far slower pace. Also, stay away from liqueurs with a high sugar content that will tend to break down over time and taste like ass.

Unless you're planning to drink it yourself, I'd avoid larger bottles.

nips and half pints might be the most portable and handy for barter. Could be cheap in bulk and are sealed individually in smaller denominations

JD, Absolut, Makers Mark.

stock up on smokes too.

I was thinking about going this exact route. I don't drink or smoke, so I wouldn't have to worry about tapping into the stock early. And the liquor store always has a box of random nips on discount at the counter.

Has anyone tried vacuum sealing a carton of smokes for storage?

Back
Top Bottom