show us your designer, tacticool, $$$ bug out bags [BOB bag]

Mine; built around a full size maxpedition backpack and woodsman's pal multi-tool: everything but the gun and ammo [ concealed means concealed on person]. enough stuff to last a week or more for 2 in isolation: first aid kit, water purifier, fire starter, thermal tent and blankets. dried food, fishing kit etc. etc. under the recommended 30Lb weight NES Disclaimer: all opinions, items, subject mater, materials presented, including myself are NOT GAY. LOL
IMG_4231D 2.jpeg IMG_4236.jpg IMG_4235.jpg

Mine; built around a full size maxpedition backpack and woodsman's pal multi-tool: everything but the gun and ammo [ concealed means concealed on person]. enough stuff to last a week or more for 2 in isolation: first aid kit, water purifier, fire starter, thermal tent and blankets. dried food, fishing kit etc. etc. under the recommended 30Lb weight NES Disclaimer: all opinions, items, subject mater, materials presented, including myself are NOT GAY. LOL
View attachment 599525View attachment 599526View attachment 599527
You have food for 2 for a week and under 30lbs?

Impressive. Please, share the list of dehydrated food.

I know it is doable, I have done it with water included around 23lbs, but only for 3 days.

Dehydrated food is great... if you have a water source.

I found the survival cookies with a lot of calories are a good option and don't get you thirsty. I ate those cookies as a test for 3 days (only those cookies).

Have you tried humping that yet? 30lbs without a proper hip belt sucks
This. And proper training.

My suggestion, go hiking with it, or go to Harvard stadium and walk all the steps.

30lbs doesn't sound like a lot, until you walk with it for 12hrs.

My hiking pack for 5 days is around 25lbs and I habe worn it for 13hrs straight, only stopping a total of 1.5hrs the entire time. Every additional pound feels like 10 when you are walking that much.

Also, you should include the weight of at least 2 water bottles.

And finally, split it all in 2 packs, keeping it all in one pack is not a good idea. What happens if you need to ditch one pack? ... you dont want to lose it all.

You have food for 2 for a week and under 30lbs?

Impressive. Please, share the list of dehydrated food.

I know it is doable, I have done it with water included around 23lbs, but only for 3 days.

Dehydrated food is great... if you have a water source.

I found the survival cookies with a lot of calories are a good option and don't get you thirsty. I ate those cookies as a test for 3 days (only those cookies).
food for a week maybe a little more

Third-Party survival cookies?
My browser won't let me order those...

...split it all in 2 packs, keeping it all in one pack is not a good idea. What happens if you need to ditch one pack? ... you dont want to lose it all.
If he's got two packs and he's worried he may have to "ditch" one,
then he should keep everything in one pack, including the other pack all wadded-up.

That way, he can "ditch" the empty pack, and everyone will be happy.

What's the ping pong paddle?
That a BOLO for the BOOG, BRO!

It tells any BOOG adversaries that “I’m YOLO for BOLO’s, MOFO’s!”

And they respectfully decline to NFA/Found Out.

I do love how literally EVERY time someone puts together their first ‘B-O-B’, they make a new thread just to show everyone their work…but basically never include a photo of the contents in their entirety.

Sweet backpack OP. Wish I knew what was actually INSIDE since you didn’t post any god damn photos.

Last edited:
I don't have a bug out bag, I am not going anywhere. I do have a bag that has my camping gear in it, if that counts.

It's a surplus FILBE assault pack with a sustainment pouch on one side for my tarp, cordage and hammock straps (hammock in main compartment), a CLS Mother Canteen rig on the other, Silky 180 in the skinny pouch, and ESEE Junglas hanging from the front. It has multiple fire and water purification kits, flash lights/head lamps, a small sheet metal fire box, and a waterproof cover that doubles as an over white. The main compartment and front pocket have a good bit of room for a change of clothes/warmer layers and some food, and straps on the bottom for my sleeping bag/bed roll.

It weighs 18lbs as it is, 20-25lbs depending on how much food, water, and clothing I pack into it. I have no illusions of surviving out of this bag or humping miles on end, it is just to carry the tools I need to camp with my daughter for a weekend.

If I felt the need to play Rambo, I have a Kifaro E&E that I keep loaded as a "fighting" pack with a chestrig and other assortments of tactical shit in it that I can dock to this. I probably wouldn't though, that much weight hanging that far off my back would really suck.

filbe.png

The first time I put together a real BoB, I had everything in it. Like crazy things. 100' paracord. Camp stove. Hand pump water filtration kit. Like a dozen ways to start a fire. Food for like a week. A fishing kit. Seriously.....a GD fishing kit! Sh*t got heavy, quick.

Now, I'm thinking the only things I really need are a bunch of full magazines, a convenient store liter water bottles (not Nalgene or Camelbak, as those add unnecessary weight), and a basic first aid kit (not planning on doing any self-surgery). Everything else can be obtained along the way or at the destination.

That said, I'd stock up something like a car or secondary location with the survival stuff. Just not going to carry all of that if I'm really trying to hit the road by foot. Water and ammo weight will take up my precious carry weight.

A “bug-out” bag doesn’t necessarily mean you’ll be hiking 12 hour days, so it’s ok to have a different bag for different objectives; but do go out and shake it down on a hike.
Different objectives? ... so keep multiple bags?

Why not one bag for the worse case scenario, which you can easily throw stuff out if you dont need it?

I thought the purpose of a bug out plan / bag / whatever you want to call it is to be prepared for a worse case scenario. Otherwise, why the need for a bag? - put your stuff in the car and drive.

The first time I put together a real BoB, I had everything in it. Like crazy things. 100' paracord. Camp stove. Hand pump water filtration kit. Like a dozen ways to start a fire. Food for like a week. A fishing kit. Seriously.....a GD fishing kit! Sh*t got heavy, quick.

Now, I'm thinking the only things I really need are a bunch of full magazines, a convenient store liter water bottles (not Nalgene or Camelbak, as those add unnecessary weight), and a basic first aid kit (not planning on doing any self-surgery). Everything else can be obtained along the way or at the destination.

That said, I'd stock up something like a car or secondary location with the survival stuff. Just not going to carry all of that if I'm really trying to hit the road by foot. Water and ammo weight will take up my precious carry weight.
Best way to learn how to pack. Go for a 3 day hike, all the sh*t you didn't need and weight you down, take it off.

Then go for another 3 day hike, if possible on a rainy day.

Rainy because you will learn to appreciate having an extra pair of dry socks and a dry t-shirt. You can also test how waterproof all your "waterproof" gear really is and how much it s*cks to set up a tent fast, with no overhead cover, without getting the interior wet.

One major design flaw of backpacks that come with a cover (and people think that is enough), is the part that touches your back. There is no cover for that and the water running down your back will soak it and soak what is in the bag. You won't learn that unless you take it out when it is wet.

Why not one bag for the worse case scenario, which you can easily throw stuff out if you dont need it?

I thought the purpose of a bug out plan / bag / whatever you want to call it is to be prepared for a worse case scenario. Otherwise, why the need for a bag? - put your stuff in the car and drive.
Yes.

That's what a truck bed is for. Everything including the kitchen sink, and trailer camper

In all seriousness, if you can't carry the damn thing it's useless. A vehicle can brake down or not make it. Bug in May not be an option.

I gave up on bug out bag. I have a get home bag in the car. Recently upgraded to a 22l pack which still seems a little small. Still working on it. If I leave my house I'm trying for my dad's in NH and hopefully a vehicle would be involved.

I gave up on bug out bag. I have a get home bag in the car. Recently upgraded to a 22l pack which still seems a little small. Still working on it. If I leave my house I'm trying for my dad's in NH and hopefully a vehicle would be involved.
Yep, do stuff in layers, when I was going in the office I carried a sling bag, it contained first aid, flashlight, small prybar and some lock picks, water. it's purpose was strictly get me to my car, in the car I had a get home bag, it contained shelter spare clothes, compass, fire and water purification basically enough to last me overnight. once I get home I have packs for other stuff but unless we get a 400' Tsunami I'm staying put at home.

Best way to learn how to pack. Go for a 3 day hike, all the sh*t you didn't need and weight you down, take it off.

Rainy because you will learn to appreciate having an extra pair of dry socks and a dry t-shirt. You can also test how waterproof all your "waterproof" gear really is and how much it s*cks to set up a tent fast, with no overhead cover, without getting the interior wet.

One major design flaw of backpacks that come with a cover (and people think that is enough), is the part that touches your back. There is no cover for that and the water running down your back will soak it and soak what is in the bag. You won't learn that unless you take it out when it is wet.

I would consider a lightweight poncho or tarp for my minimalist bugout bag. Something that could cover me and the backpack. Also, a decent lightweight knife. Currently have a Mora Companion. But the rest of the bag is filled with ammo and water.

They said you could outfit an army with the shit on the side of the road of an armies first mile in pre ww1

The only way I’m bugging out is in my car. And then I just throw our camping totes in there plus some of my toys and their supplies. There are only two reasonably possible scenarios when that is happening.

I do have a “get home” bag in my trunk though. Just in case my car is stranded in a storm. Not much too it though, aside from a day’s worth of food, water filtration, and some “survival” supplies that will make it suck less if I need to sleep outside for some reason.

Back
Top Bottom