• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

show us your designer, tacticool, $$$ bug out bags [BOB bag]

Maybe that inexplicable permanently-attached smaller outer pouch
is supposed to have something like rain gear jammed behind it and cinched down
with all the Inexplicastraps?
(Not talking about the outer bungee cords).
Ya who knows, can’t tell by the pics how much space is there in between. Some larger packs have a space like that to carry your helmet when not wearing it. I never liked those.

Here's mine:

1796838_2518.jpg

Seriously- how many folks actually plan to bug out as opposed to bug in? Well, septic, generator, woods, reservoirs, and all my gun-n-ammo. Why would I leave?

If I did suddenly have the urge to become Unibomber Junior, I'd be hitting the wilderness with one of these:

UM21-Packmule.jpg

No, not the donkey- which by the way is a total wuss because the Gregory UM-21 is extremely comfortable for carrying a LOT of gear. Seriously, that mule should look like a Tijuana donkey at the 'climax' of the show not some wannabe angry cat meme. I have over 400 miles of wilderness miles with this pack and most of that was in the mountains between 9,000 and 13,000 feet. No, not light- but it distributes the weight so well and keeps it firmly in place so it is worth the extra few pounds. I removed some of the unnecessary crap like the 'lid'. Mine's the 3-color desert pattern. Looks like this-

9c6329750feb446cafd512e1cfaf07d4.jpg

And now for someone who's an even bigger pussy than the donkey:

they sell them at HD now? wonder if my mil discount will work for it.

Cheap money

@Broccoli Iglesias

These?

No. The ones I ate for 3 days were Datrex.
I have 6 packs of those now.

I used to have a full box, then I moved it to the basement with other boxes and didn't realize it. By the time I realized one of the boxes had the cookies, I went downstairs to get it but mice ate them all [laugh]

I have a GHB i keep in my work truck, its a basic looking black first spear pack, i have water, some spare socks, extra mags for my edc gun, a light, cell phone charge block, some crusty stale skittles, etc. Literally the bare minimums id need to walk home for a couple days/walk to a new vehicle i can take/find some dude with a bigger BOB who died from cardiac arrest so i can take his stale skittles.

I have a GHB i keep in my work truck, its a basic looking black first spear pack, i have water, some spare socks, extra mags for my edc gun, a light, cell phone charge block, some crusty stale skittles, etc. Literally the bare minimums id need to walk home for a couple days/walk to a new vehicle i can take/find some dude with a bigger BOB who died from cardiac arrest so i can take his stale skittles.

Good plan.

Pogey bait FTW. Priorities.

...at which point, he'd leave me alone. For ALL shall know, and fear, the power of the .40.

Waaaaay too powerful for me, of course.
I was going to post

"No way someone with that bag has a .40, that guy is an operator in disguise".

But after reading this post, you definitely carry a .40. [smile]

Last edited:
3 x 24 packs of MRE cheese, Chunky PB and Jalapeño Cheese. lol

View attachment 599753

"Jalapeño Cheese?" *sniff* Army's gone soft. In my day, we made our own.

I date back to the days when that sort of thing meant your MRE cheese packet, with the bottle of Tabasco emptied into it. Squish it around, break up your crackers, and presto: MRE Nachos.

I date back to the days when that sort of thing meant your MRE cheese packet, with the bottle of Tabasco emptied into it. Squish it around, break up your crackers, and presto: MRE Nachos.
Yep. Or pudding with the cocoa, crackers, peanut butter and some water just to be able to stir it. lol Or some poor mans Padtai (sp?) ramen noodles and melted peanut butter mixed in.

I was going down the Fleabay rabbit hole a while ago and those packages of cheese popped up. My immediate reaction “oh f*** ya.” into the cart. lmao

Wow after reading the last few posts I can literally feel my butthole straining to extract as i hover cheeks in 110⁰ heat above the piles of shit overflowing above the seat of the one portoshitter battalion provided for a company of grunts at JRTC....

...is that a sweat dripping down the crack of my ass or a fly?

What no Newport's?

Hey a-hole, my Skittles are always fresh! Leaving them sitting around won't clog any arteries now will they?

Wow after reading the last few posts I can literally feel my butthole straining to extract as i hover cheeks in 110⁰ heat above the piles of shit overflowing above the seat of the one portoshitter battalion provided for a company of grunts at JRTC....

...is that a sweat dripping down the crack of my ass or a fly?
The NES FAB Brigade.

My bug out bag is a house. I'm too fat to hike. So I live at my bug out location. It has ice cream and survival stuff.

No. The ones I ate for 3 days were Datrex.
I have 6 packs of those now.

I used to have a full box, then I moved it to the basement with other boxes and didn't realize it. By the time I realized one of the boxes had the cookies, I went downstairs to get it but mice ate them all [laugh]
So you're saying no more basement mouse turds?

Yep. Or pudding with the cocoa, crackers, peanut butter and some water just to be able to stir it. lol Or some poor mans Padtai (sp?) ramen noodles and melted peanut butter mixed in.
Your new avatar:
julia-child_0.jpg

You have food for 2 for a week and under 30lbs?

Impressive. Please, share the list of dehydrated food.

I know it is doable, I have done it with water included around 23lbs, but only for 3 days.

Dehydrated food is great... if you have a water source.

I found the survival cookies with a lot of calories are a good option and don't get you thirsty. I ate those cookies as a test for 3 days (only those cookies).

We live (presumably) in new england. There's water all over the place, broseph.

Bladders take up space and if they break you are f*cked. 2 or 3 small plastic bottles (not the fancy hard plastic sh*t people use, but regular supermarket bottle) are better and can be crushed when empty to save space. Soda bottles are great for this (dump the soda).

Sweatshirts are too heavy. Get light jackets and layers of t-shirts instead. They will weigh less and probably take up less space when properly folded.

This mofo backpacks, or at least watches backpackertube. ;)

We live (presumably) in new england. There's water all over the place, broseph.

This mofo backpacks, or at least watches backpackertube. ;)
Agree on the water. Assuming it is not sh*t from a muddy wetland.

I once had very little water during a mountain crossing, we found water on a field left from a storm. We had two filters, I told my buddy to save some water to clean the filter, he didn't. His filter clogged. LOL. I had some water left to clean the filter, then we grabbed some water that wasn't so full of sand and mud and very slowly were able to filter enough for 3 people to have a drink.

Anyway, everything I learned, I learned it because it happened to me. [laugh]

Last edited:
Agree on the water. Assuming it is not sh*t from a muddy wetland.

I once had very little water during a mountain crossing, we found water on a field left from a storm. We had two filters, I told my buddy to save some water to clean the filter, he didn't. His filter clogged. LOL. I had some water left to clean the filter, then we grabbed some water that wasn't so full of sand and mud and very slowly were able to filter enough for 3 people to have a drink.

Anyway, everything I learned, I learned it because it happened to me. [laugh]
A tshirt or cravat work pretty good as a pre-filter so your filter to make things potable doesn’t have to work as hard.

Back
Top Bottom