Show me your AR

Pete -- I'm going to send it in for repair after the tactical shotgun class at the end of May. It's only the safety plunger and isn't effecting functionality, so it can wait.

On the handguard removal on the AR -- I tried to remove them manually but I guess I'm too much of a girly man. I'll be buying a removal tool shortly. So, still no clue what the barrel is.

Pete -- I'm going to send it in for repair after the tactical shotgun class at the end of May. It's only the safety plunger and isn't effecting functionality, so it can wait.

Just be careful with the gun and I wouldn't recommend carrying it. Keep in mind if that breaks off the safety will most likely disengage. Prob. not the best thing for a 1911. Also, keep in mind that if you're not pressing down on the safety when you shoot that plunger will lock up the slide by pushing the safety to engage ever so slightly which will lock up the slide.

Pete

On the handguard removal on the AR -- I tried to remove them manually but I guess I'm too much of a girly man. I'll be buying a removal tool shortly. So, still no clue what the barrel is.

I'll bring mine to the meeting on Thursday and you can borrow it for a while if you want.

This is my newest of to many complete ARs or so my wife says
MRP2.jpg

MRP1.jpg

Last edited:
What brand stock do you have on this rifle? I am interested in the upper portion that looks like it provides a better cheek rest than many of the other skeleton stocks.

BTW, nice looking set-up.

This is my newest of to many complete ARs or so my wofe says
MRP2.jpg

That's an LMT MRP upper. Same as mine, except his looks like Carbine length.

(I know my iron sights are on backwards. [rolleyes] I fixed it already, haven't taken new pics yet)
AR_nobolt_009.jpg

Last edited:
99si - VERY nice lookin setup! Do you like the flip covers on the Eotech? I've been on the fence about them.

I like em much easier then sliping a scope coat over em they fit real nice but have not been to the range yet with them.

Zombie is right mine is the same as his but cqb version.

Looks like Ive got the same bench as you do. Did you get it at Lowes? I use mine for reloading presses.

That's an LMT MRP upper. Same as mine, except his looks like Carbine length.

(I know my iron sights are on backwards. [rolleyes] I fixed it already, haven't taken new pics yet)
AR_nobolt_009.jpg

Looks like Ive got the same bench as you do. Did you get it at Lowes? I use mine for reloading presses.

Yeah, I got it at Lowes. Cheap, but works well enough for now... when I get a house I'll build a better workstation.

Here's a better shot of the tabletop and backboard.

AO1911A1_2-7-08_014.jpg

This is my newest of to many complete ARs or so my wife says
MRP2.jpg

MRP1.jpg

Dude!

That thing is dope like Bob Hope and the Pope on a antelope! [smile]

I really dig the upper. Did you buy that as is or build it? I'm building three more myself and we be very appreciative of a parts list. It also seems to be post-ban config, no?

Dude!
I'm building three more myself and we be very appreciative of a parts list. It also seems to be post-ban config, no?
Its a preban with my postban barrel on it I have another barrel with an A2 on it can swap em in less then 2min.

parts list
LMT MRP CQB
16" CL barell with DTNC Agressive muzzle break perm attached
LMT Standard BCG
Dieter CQB FVG
Tanngodown rail covers
troy front and rear flip up sights
Pentagon SA3R stealth asault light pressure pad on/off
Eotech 552 w/GG&G Accucam & Lenscovers
Preban oly arms lower
Skeletonized Timney Trigger .154 - 3 Pound Pull
Gen 2 KNS Precision AR15 .154 Non-Rotating Hammer & Trigger Pins
magpull maid grip
vltor Emod stock
Blackhawk HK style sling with YHM sling mount

Here is the pickup I made last Sept for $600....

LayoutSM.jpg

OK, details.. AR is pre-ban Colt H-BAR fg in 1992 and almost completely stock. (and looks brand new) I've since made a couple of mods, but this will remain mostly stock.
16 30 round (1 still in dated package) and 12 20 round (2 original Colt) mags
1861 rounds of various ammo from surplus to handloaded match grade. I think I'm down to only 400 or so of that original count. But I've added over 2k. (^_^)

16 30 round (1 still in dated package) and 12 20 round (2 original Colt) mags
1861 rounds of various ammo from surplus to handloaded match grade. I think I'm down to only 400 or so of that original count. But I've added over 2k. (^_^)

Would you sell a few Mags?

Back
Top Bottom