Should I make this Glock for Glock trade?

Need opinion. I have a 43X that I don't like that is only two months old. I was at a store yesterday and asked about selling or trading it. They have a G21 Gen 5 with 3 mags, case, backstraps, in great condition IMO. So the employee offered it to me even trade plus sales tax of about $28. He said since he just took in the G21 he'd do that because he'd sell the 43x faster than the 21. Should I do this? Thanks

Oh, the 43X would just sit in the safe but the 21 would be my home defense plus some target shooting.

Good way to get out of a gun you dont like + no billshit trying to personal sale it.
I notice you aint green. Your post isnt a sneaky for sale ad is it?
NO it's not. I did offer it to a member here but I guess the fact I'm in Maine now, he stopped replying. You can see from my feedback that I've done a lot of "green" transactions over the years.

Straight up trade for the G21 all day long assuming you have something else you will be carrying. The two are like apples and dumptrucks.

Personally, I'd keep the 43 and buy the 21. But if you don't want it, an even trade sounds reasonable to me.
I'm no lawyer, but I don't see how they can charge you sales tax on a trade.

Personally, I'd keep the 43 and buy the 21. But if you don't want it, an even trade sounds reasonable to me.
I'm no lawyer, but I don't see how they can charge you sales tax on a trade.
Unlike cars, there is no procedure to document a "trade" with the DOR. Technically, the shop would be buying the 43 and selling the 21. There is some ambiguity, but the shop owner is taking the position of charge the customer to make sure he is not taking any audit risk. Probably a smart move on his part.

Do you have massive hands? I got big ol mitts and had to learn how to scrunch to shoot small guns well. For me, the 43x shoots almost as good as a full sized pistol. I've heard similar things about the sig 365 but I hated that. Have you tried out the P220? There's one for sale in the classifieds for cheap money iirc. I bet you could sell that 43x straight up pretty easy.

Take the trade you will be doing yourself and the gun shop a favor. The only thing I would ask about is the Sales Tax. This is not a sale how would it be taxable?

Absolutely! My 21's are my most accurate Glocks and the softest shooting .45's you could ever want. One with a Streamtlight TLR-1 and TruGlo TFO's is my HD setup.

Try the G48 if you don't like the 43. Same frame, longer slide/bbl. I picked up a G48 on a whim and not really being a Glock guy to begin with. I like it over any other Glock I've ever handled/ shot.
I had a G21 for a while but sold it to fund other projects. Being a 1911 boi for so long that block of a 21 just doesn't feel right 🤣.

An even trade from a gunshop. Absolutely. You don't like the 43 anyway. The 21 is big but few 45s hold more rounds.

Seems like a no-brainer to me.
I was gonna say, go back and make the trade before they come to their senses.
And then I scrolled further... bummer.

The 21 is one of the few Glocks I actually like. With 13 round magazines that is a whole lotta lead to be able to throw down range in a single mag. And surprisingly soft shooting when you consider it is a plastic frame.

On the lighter side, you should be able to sell the 43 pretty easily.

I love my G21 SF! I have average sized hands, so the sf is a perfect fit. And I think that the G21 is reliable as hell, holds 10 .45 rds in MA, 13 everywhere else in the solar system, and is a great SHTF handgun. The mere display of such a badass looking piece with its massive maw will be enough to send Mad Max type savages running.

Need opinion. I have a 43X that I don't like that is only two months old. I was at a store yesterday and asked about selling or trading it. They have a G21 Gen 5 with 3 mags, case, backstraps, in great condition IMO. So the employee offered it to me even trade plus sales tax of about $28. He said since he just took in the G21 he'd do that because he'd sell the 43x faster than the 21. Should I do this? Thanks

Oh, the 43X would just sit in the safe but the 21 would be my home defense plus some target shooting.
No brainer.....the 21 is a more expensive gun than the 43X....and that's probably why the manager reneged. The employee probably was looking at what would sell faster.....and not actually what the 43X is worth vs. a new G5 21.

Try the G48 if you don't like the 43. Same frame, longer slide/bbl. I picked up a G48 on a whim and not really being a Glock guy to begin with. I like it over any other Glock I've ever handled/ shot.
I had a G21 for a while but sold it to fund other projects. Being a 1911 boi for so long that block of a 21 just doesn't feel right 🤣.
Save yourself 300 bucks and add capacity and try a Mossy M2C 16+1 same size and thickness as G48. Love it......made in Texas.

Ummmm......employees making stupid decisions is why they need a manager.

If the manager hasn't previously made it clear that employees are NOT to make offers like that in such a way that the customer thinks it's a done deal, then they need to work on management.

If the manager hasn't previously made it clear that employees are NOT to make offers like that in such a way that the customer thinks it's a done deal, then they need to work on management.
Cant disagree with that......employee that does not have final say, should not be making trade offers, or at least have the sense to say I need to verify this first with my manager.

However it seems like if Al had done this without asking the NES braintrust.....the deal would have happened without the manager there and the employee would have taken the shit after for it.
Im pretty sure no one would have made him return the gun.

Back
Top Bottom