• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Should I contribute to NRA?

What has the NRA done for MA?

View attachment 444770
People keep saying this, but what could they possibly do for this dump? Any legal action would simply be dumped by the hack judges in MA. Would you really want them to waste the recourses?

Last edited:
I bumped mine and my son's life membership up to whatever top level they have , but haven't given NRA any money in years.

I have recurring payments to Comm2A each month to my credit card.

I'm life for GOAL, GOA, and SAF.

I need to sign my son up for GOA

yes-I belong to the NRA and GOAL, and without the NRA over the years we'd be like England here. Yes, they have wasted a ton of money, and hopefully that is done, but they do a ton of good. Do you want to be limited to owning air guns? Good-bye ARs, handguns, lever actions, pump actions, etc.

All politics are local to quote Thomas O'Neil

If I were in MA I would contribute to GOAL and Comm2A before I sent a dime to the NRA.

Personally, I don't have a lot of respect for the NRA, they have caved more than they have helped, and in NH they torpedoed the constitutional carry bill a while back with their meddling after a state gun rights organization had done all the work, all the lobbying, and had it just about guaranteed to pass ... then the NRA stuck their nose in.

Then there was their meddling in the Heller case, the one victory citizens obtained that set the precedent for many other favorable outcomes, the NRA was on the same side as the Brady Campaign.... that should tell you something.

Then there are the allegations that certain people at the national level have enriched themselves and made questionable use of funds for purposes that do not promote the mission.

It is your money, do as you please with it
What changed in NH with open carry?

What changed in NH with open carry?
Before the current bill that Sununnu signed in (iirc) 2017, there was another bill that a NH based gun rights organization ( I forget the name, someone help me out here) worked very hard to get passed, and just as it was about to be submitted for consideration the NRA stuck their nose into it and the votes needed to get it passed went away. The changes proposed by the NRA (or was it their objections) were the direct cause for the efforts of the state level gun rights organization to be rendered meaningless.

Remember the NRA tried to derail what became The Heller Decision too.

I remember it very clearly as it was discussed on here in depth, but I can't find a reference to it.

(was it the New Hampshire Firearms Coalition that the NRA torpedoed?)

Last edited:
When they folded like a cheap rug on the "Don't die on the bumpstock ban" bull I was done it them.

I'll keep my money and buy my own cheap ass suit!

Last edited:
Before the current bill that Sununnu signed in (iirc) 2017, there was another bill that a NH based gun rights organization ( I forget the name, someone help me out here) worked very hard to get passed, and just as it was about to be submitted for consideration the NRA stuck their nose into it and the votes needed to get it passed went away.
NES: NH Alert: Hohenwater back in town, Constitution Carry in Jepordy

Pro-Gun New Hampshire: Heave Ho Hohenwarter

LinkedIn: John H.

What NES needs is for its NH Legislator(s) to find out from
some colleague who was truly pro-gun back in the day
what Hohenwarter was saying behind closed doors
to monkeywrench Pro-2A bills, on the NRA's dime.

yes-I belong to the NRA and GOAL, and without the NRA over the years we'd be like England here. Yes, they have wasted a ton of money, and hopefully that is done, but they do a ton of good. Do you want to be limited to owning air guns? Good-bye ARs, handguns, lever actions, pump actions, etc.
Did the NRA help COMM 2A in the court case that was won today??

been an NRA life member since the 70's when Harlon Carter and his crew shook up the NRA, now for the cost of a few boxes of ammo, it's worth belonging to most pro 2A groups. NRA has a good track record for training, as well as lobbying in the swamp, GOAL has had some success in MA though considering the critters in boston I never expect too much, GOA and Comm2a have been active with respect to legal support for 2A. they seem complimentary to me. In any case we do damage to the 2A cause when we keep putting down one organization or the other as it just plays into the hands of the antis.

The biggest thrill the anti-gunners could ever get would be the demise of the NRA. That is their biggest wet dream. For that reason alone I will always be a member and a supporter
The flaw in this logic is believing that the Anti's will ever be able to completely destroy the NRA thru legal means. I don't think they can, I'd like to see an organization structured like the NRA that is made up of millions of people who pay to be a part of it and whose members were taken for a ride unkowingly because they are mostly old men who didn't read the mailers telling them what Wayne was doing and if those old farts used the internet and said people who were saying the things about what was happening in the NRA were a bunch of traitors or Satan worshipers. Hell, there are still old farts who don't understand that the NRA has been hijacked by Wayne & Co. and refuse to believe it and are still sending Big Wayne checks.

The fact is the NRA is well funded by the industry giants, some of whom will get absolutely f*cked by mag bans, AWB, and all the other anti gun shit that may get passed.

The NRA under Wayne is like a bad STD: it's here 4 life. The only way it changes is when Wayne drops dead.

Looking to beef up my 2A portfolio and learning a lot here at NES. Comm2A, GOAL, and what do you think of SAF?

The flaw in this logic is believing that the Anti's will ever be able to completely destroy the NRA thru legal means. I don't think they can, I'd like to see an organization structured like the NRA that is made up of millions of people who pay to be a part of it and whose members were taken for a ride unkowingly because they are mostly old men who didn't read the mailers telling them what Wayne was doing and if those old farts used the internet and said people who were saying the things about what was happening in the NRA were a bunch of traitors or Satan worshipers. Hell, there are still old farts who don't understand that the NRA has been hijacked by Wayne & Co. and refuse to believe it and are still sending Big Wayne checks.

The fact is the NRA is well funded by the industry giants, some of whom will get absolutely f*cked by mag bans, AWB, and all the other anti gun shit that may get passed.

The NRA under Wayne is like a bad STD: it's here 4 life. The only way it changes is when Wayne drops dead.
when he drops dead, I'll think of rejoining if the next one actually does anything to protect 2A rights.

Negotiating Rights Away

Just the wasted mailings they do Has always blown my mind...

Ive contributed beyond “benefactor lvl members” bought several people countless lifetime NRA memberships...

I won’t be spending them money... cuz im broke.

The miss management is really upsetting.

I donate and belong to GOAL & GOA

But people have been earning me to not donate to NRA because they mismanage money

And there is some corruption issues

Normally have always donated to NRA and they send me so much junk mail, but I have read in the news lots of issues also.

Thoughts and Feedback is welcome
I am an NRA member. I give them a proper email address to contact me, but the phone number I give them is for outgoing calls only.I do not answer that phone,nor have voice mail.
I enjoyed being a member as they help protect my rights. I do not tell ANYONE I own a firearm.Thats my right to privacy.
What does the NRA do because they can not call me for donations,they look up people in the state with the same last name (MY RELATIVES),say they are with the NRA, and ask for my current phone number. THEY JUST TRAMPLED MY RIGHTS!
I'm not rejoining.

only somewhat related...
I recently called both NRA and SAF to change my address. NRA call line was a disaster, took forever, got transfrred, and they kept pressing me to donate more along the way.
SAF - dude answered the phone and changed my address.

Who deserves your money more?

I unfortunately have to contribute to the NRA to belong to my local range, otherwise I wouldn't give them a dime. I was recently told by someone that this requirement is because the NRA provides discounted insurance to the ranges on the condition that they require members to contribute.

I unfortunately have to contribute to the NRA to belong to my local range, otherwise I wouldn't give them a dime. I was recently told by someone that this requirement is because the NRA provides discounted insurance to the ranges on the condition that they require members to contribute.
and if the BOD shops around they can beat that NRA insurance price without a lot of effort with or without a bar.

when the f*** are they getting rid of that douche bag lapierre?

answer that, and maybe i will rejoin

They are also the most powerful ally we have against the anti gunners. Wayne must go, no doubt about it but even with him there is no bigger dog in the fight than the NRA.
The point is there are other insurance companies who will write a policy for a gun club. The NRA is not the cure all for insurance.

To the OP.

Yes you should.
Contribute local as well.
Do all and everything you can to support our rights.

The amount of $$$ the NRA has donated to my local club phenomenal.

Not going to get into specifics here on NES.

I will say it has made our Youth Program possible.

The point is there are other insurance companies who will write a policy for a gun club. The NRA is not the cure all for insurance.
Absolutely true. My point is that it's the most powerful organization keeping away the liberals who would love to abolish the 2nd amendment.
And I think requiring an NRA membership to join the gun club is an excellent idea regardless of insurance rates. I wish it was mandatory to use NES.

Back
Top Bottom