Should I contribute to NRA?

I donate and belong to GOAL & GOA

But people have been earning me to not donate to NRA because they mismanage money

And there is some corruption issues

Normally have always donated to NRA and they send me so much junk mail, but I have read in the news lots of issues also.

Thoughts and Feedback is welcome

GOAL and COMM2 here.

There's other national organizations but nothing as big or empowered as the NRA for gun rights lobbying. Not donating them might be the equivalent to cutting your nose off to spite your face, but on the other side it is hard to justify giving money to Wayne's suits and hookers pool girls "assistants".

Every year I reach out and tell them I'm withholding their donation because of their poor transparency and responsibility to which I believe starts with Wayne, when he is replaced I will consider donating again.

Last edited:

But people have been earning me to not donate to NRA because they mismanage money

Normally have always donated to NRA and they send me so much junk mail, but I have read in the news lots of issues also.

I wanna see where thier bankruptcy goes. I’m actually going to let my instructor creditials go, f*** it. They be done anyway.

Donate to Comm2A instead. WLP will just use your money for more custom suits - not lawsuits.

All politics are local to quote Thomas O'Neil

If I were in MA I would contribute to GOAL and Comm2A before I sent a dime to the NRA.

Personally, I don't have a lot of respect for the NRA, they have caved more than they have helped, and in NH they torpedoed the constitutional carry bill a while back with their meddling after a state gun rights organization had done all the work, all the lobbying, and had it just about guaranteed to pass ... then the NRA stuck their nose in.

Then there was their meddling in the Heller case, the one victory citizens obtained that set the precedent for many other favorable outcomes, the NRA was on the same side as the Brady Campaign.... that should tell you something.

Then there are the allegations that certain people at the national level have enriched themselves and made questionable use of funds for purposes that do not promote the mission.

It is your money, do as you please with it

I do the bare minimum I need to keep my RSO cert for our boy scout shooting events..

as many problems they have, they still are the face of gun rights in our country, and membership numbers give them the clout they have.. I too wish the board would grow a set and restructure the executive leadership.

With all the legal issues, questions, turmoil, drop in donations and "bankruptcy" I don't understand why the NRA hasn't ejected Wayne's ass.

He's probably taking care of enough of the board members to keep him installed. But they are not about representing us gun owners anymore, they get MUCH more money from the gun industry and that's their main focus, not you and me. Support an organization that represents YOU, not the industry.

He's probably taking care of enough of the board members to keep him installed. But they are not about representing us gun owners anymore, they get MUCH more money from the gun industry and that's their main focus, not you and me. Support an organization that represents YOU, not the industry.
They're not even about the industry, or they wouldn't keep supporting bumpstock bans and the like.

They're in it for the $$.

To the OP's question - I maintain my instructor certs, and nothing else. Even that's a bit of a scam, but it lets me teach in MA. Otherwise Comm2A and GOAL all the way

The biggest thrill the anti-gunners could ever get would be the demise of the NRA. That is their biggest wet dream. For that reason alone I will always be a member and a supporter

Ditto. Why do you think the anti-gun people are so afraid of the NRA, willing to work so hard to geld it? The enemy of my enemy . . . .

I will only add this on the NRA. If you live in a state where you can hunt with a silencer, the NRA probably drove that decision. Fifteen years ago you could hunt in probably less than 10 states and it’s now at 41 maybe 42. The ASA, where I’m a life member likes to claim this was their advocacy but it was the NRA. They are mismanaged but they still have lobbying powers others wish they had.

I will only add this on the NRA. If you live in a state where you can hunt with a silencer, the NRA probably drove that decision. Fifteen years ago you could hunt in probably less than 10 states and it’s now at 41 maybe 42. The ASA, where I’m a life member likes to claim this was their advocacy but it was the NRA. They are mismanaged but they still have lobbying powers others wish they had.

What’s a silencer ?

In my opinion do not bother with the NRA, unless you need to maintain an NRA membership to get into a club that you use.... Otherwise they should be forgotten about until they sideline WLP.... because they're pretty worthless as it is now...

That's great but it doesn't make up for the fact that the other like 90% of what they do is basically a trainwreck, the only stuff they seem to do really well these days is
set members cash on fire and, occasionally ruin things that could have been left alone (like the bump stock bullshit, etc. )

Ditto. Why do you think the anti-gun people are so afraid of the NRA, willing to work so hard to geld it? The enemy of my enemy . . . .

Meh, afraid? I don't think they're afraid of the NRA or anyone else, they just do or attempt to do whatever they want.

They like to "attack" the NRA because it gives them a convenient placeholder entity to attack. They use the NRA as a prop, a boogeyman to scare their useful idiot
supporters into sending them money, etc.

That's great but it doesn't make up for the fact that the other like 90% of what they do is basically a trainwreck, the only stuff they seem to do really well these days is
set members cash on fire and, occasionally ruin things that could have been left alone (like the bump stock bullshit, etc. )
I'll give them credit in that GOAL says they discretely helped pay for some stuff over the last couple years.

I don't think that digs them out from trying to block Heller v. DC, and CC in NH, and the other garbage they've caused of late.

Back
Top Bottom