• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Shot My New S&W M&P 9c

Shot my new M&P 9c today for the first time. I really like this gun. I shot better with this gun than I do with my Beretta 92FS. Not sure why, since the 92FS has a longer sight radius. Trigger pull is easier than I thought it would be since it's always double action. I'm really happy I chose this gun. I was also considering the Ruger SR9c and the Walther P99AS. I'm sure I would have been happy with either of these as well as they are both really nice weapons.

I also just ordered the Speed Scabard leather holster from the S&W website as I plan to mae this my concealed carry weapon.

Merry Christmas!

Hi Mike, I"v had one for a couple years now. Finally got a trigger job done this year, and it shoots very nice indeed!!! I am still very happy with it. Good luck with yours, have fun!!!

Congrats! I love my M&P 9c. I'm surprised to hear that you like the trigger as i hated mine until I got it fixed. It's a great carry gun AFAIC.

Congratulations, that was the first gun I bought after getting my LTC, I've since picked up the M&P 40c and a .357 SIG drop-in barrel.

Congrats! I love my M&P 9c. I'm surprised to hear that you like the trigger as i hated mine until I got it fixed. It's a great carry gun AFAIC.

Hmmm ... now you got me thinking. I wonder if I'd like it even better with a lighter trigger pull? Where did you guys get it done and how much does a gunsmith charge for that?

Mike,

I've heard great things about the Apex kits, but my 9c was gunsmithed by Dave Santurri in N. Attleboro before I bought it. It's a crisp 4.5# pull (a bit lighter than I would have had done). I had my FS M&Ps done by Greg Derr (he's an advertising member here on NES) at 5#. [Last I knew, Dave was charging $85 and turnover was a day or two, Greg was $75 and asked for 2 weeks but got mine back to me within a week.]

You are welcome to try any/all out at Mansfield F&G if you wish, just ping me with an Email off my username on any post. Then you could make your own decision on what to do next with yours.

I had mine done at Hunter"s trading Post in Weymouth. They have a gunsmith that does the work. Cost me $60, but I was very happy with the results. If you like how it shoots now, give it a little more time before you make any choice. The guys on this forum know what they are talking about, so I would take any advice they have for you, before you decide on anything.

Thanks for all the good advice and recommendations. I shot it again this morning and my groupings improved from yesterday. Just getting used to it. Even more convinced that I made the right choice. Feels really good in my hand and it looks great!

I think I'll put about 1000 rounds through it before I decide on the trigger pull mod.

Thanks much!

Back
Top Bottom