• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Shootout in Stoughton hotel parking lot?

Searched briefly, didn't see anything:

Stoughton Police Facebook said:
At approximately 12:07 Sunday afternoon the Stoughton Police Department responded to the Courtyard Marriott for a report of a shooting. Upon arrival officers on scene treated a male victim with gunshot wounds. He was transported the hospital, by the Stoughton Fire Department, with non-life threatening injuries. The case is being investigated by Stoughton Police Detectives in conjunction with he Massachusetts State Police.

attachment.php

Attachments

• stoughton.jpg
    stoughton.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 711
Why does the MSP get involved in everything? Do they take control away from local PD in certain scenarios?

I grew up in NH. We only saw staties on 16N and 95 etc nailing M*******s and New Yorkas

Assuming all the yellow evidence tags are for shells, that is 19 or 20 rounds expended, resulting in one person transported with non-life threatening wounds?
What is this... Chicago? Boys need to work on their aim.

this place is a known favorite weekend "vacation destination" for boston drug dealers, and craigslist "massage appointments"

emptied a 15 rnd and a 12 rnd magazine on two separate firearms??

If they were 7-10 rnd mags, the victim wouldn't have made it to the hospital.

How much does it cost to have someone recover EVERY piece of brass that you fire?? I'm happy when I recover 80% of my brass.

Assuming all the yellow evidence tags are for shells, that is 19 or 20 rounds expended, resulting in one person transported with non-life threatening wounds?
What is this... Chicago? Boys need to work on their aim.

In almost every movie the bad guys are always a lousy shot, I suppose that's why they always get killed.

Why does the MSP get involved in everything? Do they take control away from local PD in certain scenarios?

I grew up in NH. We only saw staties on 16N and 95 etc nailing M*******s and New Yorkas
Because they have a higher level of expertise in this sort of thing.

In fact, only the MSP lab and the Boston PD crime labs can certify that something is indeed a firearm for the purpose of prosecution.

This. Plus there are car break ins practically every night. I don't know if they have any sort of security at all. It's also about 30 seconds away from Route 24. That makes it very convenient for all the activities you mention.

this place is a known favorite weekend "vacation destination" for boston drug dealers, and craigslist "massage appointments"

Plus by state law, the MSP is the lead investigatory agency for major crimes in all but a handful of the larger cities. I'm sure that you know that plus that MSP detectives are assigned to every DA's office. I don't know if they still call it CPAC or not, but whatever they call it, it serves the same function.

I should have had my scanner on, I would have heard this.

In fact, only the MSP lab and the Boston PD crime labs can certify that something is indeed a firearm for the purpose of prosecution.

"Hello, honey? I just saw your post on NES...Um, and you know all about this motel HOW??"

[wink]

haha---i'm not telling---seriously though, i knew i should have put a disclaimer in my post. even a casual convo w/any area leo (randolph, stoughton) can give info on the trouble areas

Looks like a rental car too. Apparently a large % of shootings in Brockton have rental cars involved.

Wrong. Their CPAC guys have zero "expertise" in anything aside from toenail trimming.

The only reason the local PDs "need" the MSP in these situations is indeed because of their labs, so you get partial credit.

And by chance, might you have a cite on your "In fact, only the MSP lab and the Boston PD labs can certify that something is indeed a firearm" comment? Or should that just be chalked up as another "Spewdrie"?

- - - Updated - - -

Plus by state law, the MSP is the lead investigatory agency for major crimes in all but a handful of the larger cities. I'm sure that you know that plus that MSP detectives are assigned to every DA's office. I don't know if they still call it CPAC or not, but whatever they call it, it serves the same function.

I should have had my scanner on, I would have heard this.

Also wrong.
What "state law" are you referring to?

Looks like a rental car too. Apparently a large % of shootings in Brockton have rental cars involved.

Drug dealers use rentals all the time, for two reasons.

#1, since they don't own it, the cops can't seize it and auction it off as part of a drug dealers illicit assets.

#2, drug dealers like to switch cars around frequently to maintain a low profile. It arouses suspicions if the same car is seen in high drug trafficking areas all the time.

Drug dealers use rentals all the time, for two reasons.

#1, since they don't own it, the cops can't seize it and auction it off as part of a drug dealers illicit assets.

#2, drug dealers like to switch cars around frequently to maintain a low profile. It arouses suspicions if the same car is seen in high drug trafficking areas all the time.

Dude, Id appreciate it if you wouldnt cloud this thread with actual facts, please. I much prefer conjecture, Spewdries, and ficticious state laws.
Thanks,
Glen

Most mass PDs don't really have crime scene/lab services. Hence forensics is farmed out to MSP.

"MSP expertise" - I have to laugh. It reminds me of a story relayed to me by a Somerville PD Lieutenant. There was a shooting in Somerville years ago and the house and yard where the shooting occurred had been taped off. Local TV had shown up and set up their live shots across the street. Two Troopers showed up and were standing around. As soon as the news camera came on for the live reports, the Troopers went under the crime scene tape and walked around in the background with their flashlights out like they were looking for something. The Somerville Lieutenant told them to "Get the f**k out of my crime scene!" As soon as the cameras shut off, the two Troopers got in their cruisers and left.

Back
Top Bottom