• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Shootout in Stoughton hotel parking lot?

30 rounds, one wounded with non-life threatening injuries?

the-a-team-635fp061010.jpg

I've heard a few stories.... see also, annie dookhan.. oh wait she's in prison. -Mike

Annie Dookhan wasn't MSP she was DPH and it wasn't until MSP took oversight of all labs doing drug testing in the Commonwealth that she was uncovered along with several other clowns. Dept of Health was also doing drug testing.

No crime lab is like the ones you see on TV or movies and until the public is willing to allocate literally millions of dollars, raise taxes and focus solely on crime lab upgrades and improvements, will we have anything approaching TV/movie quality forensics support which is based on fantasy to begin with. Truth be known, forensics has been oversold to the American public. There are many cases where there is simply not enough forensic evidence to matter.

If I sound like an apologist for the MSP Crime Lab System I am, but it's based on experience of working daily with a group of dedicated civilian professionals who do a very good job under some very limited budgetary constraints and resources, so before making with the wise cracks, stop and consider that funding remains a serious issue and the lab does remarkably well with the resources available to it.

How was the process in Canton? It used to be redder than red. The norm was that first time applicants got a Class B LTC.

You're telling me, dude. I just moved to Canton a few months back and immediately got my LTC. Seems like I picked the right time.

- - - Updated - - -

As evidenced by the fact that the Commissioner of the DPH resigned "to pursue other employment" after this and the EMT training scandals broke within a short period of time.

Annie Dookhan wasn't MSP she was DPH and it wasn't until MSP took oversight of all labs doing drug testing in the Commonwealth that she was uncovered along with several other clowns. Dept of Health was also doing drug testing.

No crime lab is like the ones you see on TV or movies and until the public is willing to allocate literally millions of dollars, raise taxes and focus solely on crime lab upgrades and improvements, will we have anything approaching TV/movie quality forensics support which is based on fantasy to begin with. Truth be known, forensics has been oversold to the American public. There are many cases where there is simply not enough forensic evidence to matter.

If I sound like an apologist for the MSP Crime Lab System I am, but it's based on experience of working daily with a group of dedicated civilian professionals who do a very good job under some very limited budgetary constraints and resources, so before making with the wise cracks, stop and consider that funding remains a serious issue and the lab does remarkably well with the resources available to it.

I don't disagree with the assertion that forensics has been way oversold to joe public, I fully realize that's unrealistic hollywood BS. I'm speaking more of basic level gaffes from that outfit that I've heard of over the years. It's not frequent but its enough to elicit a "not exactly surprised" response. As far as dookhan goes was she on MSP payroll or not? If so, how long before they sniffed her out? Of course if the budget sucks, probably a big part of the reason why she may have been overlooked.

-Mike

How was the process in Canton? It used to be redder than red. The norm was that first time applicants got a Class B LTC.

I just got approved in Canton this year. First time applicant and I received and unrestricted LTC. Haven't talked to anyone around town about it though so I don't know if that's the common trend now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Off of 139 on the east side of 24. It's on the road that leads to BJ's, Bob's furniture, Amazon, and so on. Plenty of trouble going on there all the time. Not too long ago there was some sort of confrontation between a guy, his wife, the other guy screwing the wife.

Damn I didn't know Stoughton had a Mariot.

- - - Updated - - -

That's quite a bit different than a few years ago. Maybe it's a trend, time will tell.

I just got approved in Canton this year. First time applicant and I received and unrestricted LTC. Haven't talked to anyone around town about it though so I don't know if that's the common trend now.

Light years ahead of what I got 30 years ago in Canton.

I don't disagree with the assertion that forensics has been way oversold to joe public, I fully realize that's unrealistic hollywood BS. I'm speaking more of basic level gaffes from that outfit that I've heard of over the years. It's not frequent but its enough to elicit a "not exactly surprised" response. As far as dookhan goes was she on MSP payroll or not? If so, how long before they sniffed her out? Of course if the budget sucks, probably a big part of the reason why she may have been overlooked. -Mike

Dookhan was on the DPH payroll because DPH was doing some of the drug testing. It was decided that MSP labs would do all drug testing so when they took over the DPH drug testing sections of the DPH labs they ran audits and that's when Dookhan as well as some other irregularites were uncovered. All of her illegal activity was done as a non MSP employee.

Light years ahead of what a friend of mine got five years ago. She's moved to Sharon now, so I can't ask her how her renewal in Canton went.

BTW, Stoughton was Green, but the chief retired and I don't know what the acting chief will do, if anything.

Light years ahead of what I got 30 years ago in Canton.

Light years ahead of what a friend of mine got five years ago. She's moved to Sharon now, so I can't ask her how her renewal in Canton went.

BTW, Stoughton was Green, but the chief retired and I don't know what the acting chief will do, if anything.

I got my unrestricted license in Stoughton a couple years back but I'm hearing that the new chief may not be as willing to give out unrestricted licenses.

Back
Top Bottom