Shooting reported outside Empire State Building

Nothing to see here as it sounds like a store worker that was fired yesterday was the perp.

Last edited:
Bloomberg is on TV live.... he just said that the cops could have possibly shot bystanders. Great.

He also said it was an 8 round capacity in the pistol.

Good thing they banned those >10 round mags!

Watching msnbc. Shooter had a 1911 with 8rd mag. He took out his former boss, 2 in the head, walked past the building security guard, who according to a witness, was hiding under the desk. Construction worker outside notified Leo on foot patrol, others in cruisers arrived. Prep drew on Leo they returned fire causing the nine bystander injuries!!!!

Awesome.

"There is no doubt that the situation would’ve been even more tragic except for the extraordinary acts of heroism,” Bloomberg said in a media conference. “New York City is the safest big city in this country but we are not immune to the national problem of gun violence.”

What an a**hat.

Sent from my T-Mobile Galaxy S III

not surprising given the amount of rounds the NYPD does fire when they use their firearms. accuracy doesn't surprise me, either.

I'm not a cop basher, but some really bad judgement here. Firing at a fleeing suspect in a crowded area, and liberals think we're trigger happy cowboys??? ... [banghead]

Nothing to see here as it sounds like a store worker that was fired yesterday was the perp.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/empire-state-building-shooter-fired-year-ago/story?id=17072385#.UDenKkKOyTo
He was fired a year ago.

BTW: It looks like NYPD cops shot 8 out of the nine who were wounded... Only one of those 8 were the suspect. Way to go NYPD. [thinking] Now can we discuss police tactical responses to a man with a gun? Can we now admit that having every cop on scene engage the suspect is tactically a stupid thing to do?

Bystanders shot by police?? Unpossible!

I thought one of the reasons average citizens couldn't be trusted with guns is because they don't have the supreme marksmanship and target discrimination capabilities as police - this is the reason we should leave it to the professionals!

Will have to wait for all the details, so I'm not going to be too quick to condemn the cops, a shoot out on a street in NYC during rush hour certainly has a higher than average risk of crossfire...

I find it mind boggling that anyone could actually be that inaccurate. A gang banger doing a drive by a house, with the people concealed behind walls, gets more correct hits than this.

Maybe the cops didn't know (or care) who the perp was and just started shooting anyone that looked like a person exiting the building?

http://abcnews.go.com/US/empire-state-building-shooter-fired-year-ago/story?id=17072385#.UDenKkKOyTo
He was fired a year ago.

BTW: It looks like NYPD cops shot 8 out of the nine who were wounded... Only one of those 8 were the suspect. Way to go NYPD. [thinking] Now can we discuss police tactical responses to a man with a gun? Can we now admit that having every cop on scene engage the suspect is tactically a stupid thing to do?

It's not stupid if they hit what they're aiming at. I mean, I wouldn't want them to wait for some dude to show up with "extra special training" if I was in danger of dying right then.

He was fired a year ago.

See, this is why only the military and the police should have guns. [/sarc]

It's not stupid if they hit what they're aiming at. I mean, I wouldn't want them to wait for some dude to show up with "extra special training" if I was in danger of dying right then.

If its true that most of the bystanders were shot by the police, then you might not be any worse off by waiting! [thinking]

+1

we need every cop to have extra special training, full kits and body armor.

[insert pic here of the transit cop w/ the Eotech on backwards]

- - - Updated - - -

If its true that most of the bystanders were shot by the police, then you might not be any worse off by waiting! [thinking]

hence, you take yourself out! don't wait! this is why i only carry ONE bullet. [rofl]

In a press conference, Mayor Bloomberg stated, " "New York City is the safest city in the country but we are not immune to the national problem of gun violence." He then commented, "There's an awful lot of guns out there."

What a Mook! This guy gets the award for biggest A**hat of the year.

So do you think they were aiming at innocent bystanders since they hit a few of them? The police (and anyone else in a similar situation) is responsible for every shot fired regardless where it hits, and I expect the police to be held accountable. I can see some big lawsuits coming...

I don't consider shooting a pistol being "extra special training", it should be mandatory training for all LEO. Unfortunately, many don't practice more than what's required by their department and you end up with innocent bystanders getting shot.

Capture4.png

Ehhhh is it worth it to say anything to OP?

Im glad I dont have asshats of the kind on my FB

wow, Bloomberg is really trying to play down the possibility some of the victims were shot by the police,

He should be playing it up! See? Even TRAINED PROFESSIONALS are unsafe with them! So you mere pleb civilians cannot be trusted with them!

Fox, who was wearing ear buds at the time, did not hear the gunfire -- but she saw the aftermath.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-empire-state-building-20120824,0,6473112.story
So much for situational awareness.

The mayor said some of the wounded "may have been accidentally" shot by police officers.
"He tried to shoot at the cops... We do not know if he got any shots off," Bloomberg said.
Er...whoops.

I guess they should have taken the Mayor's advice and gone on strike.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom