Shooting reported outside Empire State Building

Fox is saying it's not terrorism but a "commercial" shooting. Not sure what that means, maybe a robbery gone bad.

It’s Been a Bloody Summer of Shootings in New York City and Chicago

Again it seems that places with the most restrictive gun control have the largest increase in gun crime..... This is my shocked face ===>[shocked]

bloomberg-emanuel-fight-new-york-city-chicago-shootings

The recent spate of shootings in New York City are at best a statistical anomaly and at worst a disturbing new trend — either way, it's terrifying. Eight more people were shot on Monday, leaving three dead, after a violent Fourth of July that saw at least a dozen people fall victim to gunfire; the week before, 60 people were shot. "It's true that this particular week of the Fourth of July traditionally has been a very high-crime shooting, murder week," Bloomberg said yesterday, repeating a claim he made over the weekend. "It's an outrage," he added. "I hope this week is just an aberration in the statistics, but we are working as hard as we can to stop it."
However you slice it, the numbers are up from last year: There have been 12 percent more shootings on the year so far, and murders are up to 21 from 18 at this point in 2011 — a jump of almost 17 percent. But things are much worse in Chicago, where Mayor Rahm Emanuel is grappling with a homicide rate that's soared more than 30 percent.

Shooter probably had anti American signs in his basement. Somebody should have reported him.

4604297_700b.jpg

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manhattan/shot_at_empire_state_building_Ycd08ZMPwDQf7r8qSKX3yO

A disgruntled worker stalked a colleague down a Midtown street, shot him dead and then turned his weapon on random pedestrians outside the Empire State Building — killing at least one innocent bystander and shooting up to seven others before he was cut down by a cop on foot patrol, sources told The Post.

Doesn't say whether or not the guy had a valid license in NYC... [hmmm]

Eeerily, just minutes before the mayhem, Mayor Bloomberg was warning about the dangers of “too many guns on the streets” on his weekly radio show.
“The argument guns don’t kill people, people kill people is one of the most disingenuous things you can say,” he said shortly before 9 a.m. while discussing tougher guns laws being proposed in Albany.

“It does take a person to pull the trigger, but if they didn’t have the gun... We are the only developed country in the world with this problem.”

Talk about being disingenuous [rolleyes]

He is absolutely right though, we are the only developed country in the world with this problem... every other developed country that has less restrictive gun laws also have lower crime rates, or at least less incidence of gun related crime.

What an asshat.

If we only had one more law....

just that one, so close yet so far [laugh]

- - - Updated - - -

At least it wasn't a handgun or "assault weapon"!!! Next they'll ban buck shot!!!

one report i saw said it was a "big" gun...... i dont know if someone was talking about the weapon or a pic of me getting out of the shower

Eeerily, just minutes before the mayhem, Mayor Bloomberg was warning about the dangers of “too many guns on the streets” on his weekly radio show...while discussing tougher guns laws being proposed in Albany.

I am easily irritated, but...why is a mayor of one city even commenting on what another city chooses to do? The only thing better is when a mayor attempts to offer advice and create policy on breastfeeding.

Back
Top Bottom