• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

shooting on my property???confused as to what's legall.

Ok, here is the question \: Family has over 20 acres of property in northern ct. I routinely shoot there and have since birth!(kidding) Anyways. after researching the very confusing laws/rules&regs. ect..What are my rights to do this, easily spelled out?I currently shoot safely and into a earthin backstop with no risk behind it.

I hear people quoting the "500 feet" law, but that only applies to hunting. Othere's quote "disturbing the piece" because of noise. I have searched this site,othere firearms forums, ct law library and became more confused.I choose not to discuss this with the local LEO's because i am not looking for an opinion or social belief that they may represent. I need facts.

Basically, it's only a matter of time before the LEO's get a complaint and walk into my backyard. Without being a dick, I would like to have correct, factual information on hand to defend myself with this ongoing, safe practice.

If anyone has had a similar experience, i would like to hear it. I would like factual material and law as a quick reference guide; to have on hand. I feel this will be of aid when I am aproached and must explain myself. (alot of gun hateing neighbors are moveing into my town)Factual information that quotes law is a very powerfull tool. It also ads to character when LEO is conversing with.BIG Thanks in advance..

Back
Top Bottom