• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I think my head is going to explode!

Hello everyone. Im from CT. I had a few mishaps happen a few years back and had to let my permit expire ( $70 was big big money at the time). I sold off my guns for a down payment on a house (didn't have a choice at the time). Nun the less I'm in the proses of going through the steps to get my permit and start my collection again. At this point, I'm trying to get caught up on new gun laws and my brain is starting to implode. I keep seeing videos saying this and that has been overturned like the pistol brace law and the receiver law (which I know is more for ghost guns). I guess what I'm getting at is one of my favorite guns I owned was an AR that I build from the ground up. Is it safe to start getting parts to do it again? I just saw a video saying that the cart overturned the rule on high-cap mags. I just don't know and can't seem to get past the legal jargon.

Any and all help is welcome.
Thanks in advance.

First of let me thank you for the link. I'm just not sure what they mean by Provisions go into effect on 7/1/24.. Pistol Permit Course Requirement Expansion: Statute goes into effect 10/1/23. Provisions go into effect on 7/1/24. Requires new pistol permit applicants to complete a course including instruction in state law requirements pertaining to safe storage in the home and in vehicles, lawful use of firearms, and lawful carrying of firearms in public.

First of let me thank you for the link. I'm just not sure what they mean by Provisions go into effect on 7/1/24.. Pistol Permit Course Requirement Expansion: Statute goes into effect 10/1/23. Provisions go into effect on 7/1/24. Requires new pistol permit applicants to complete a course including instruction in state law requirements pertaining to safe storage in the home and in vehicles, lawful use of firearms, and lawful carrying of firearms in public.

They don't know what they mean. There is no guidance.

So being an instructor do you know if these new addons are now going to be part of the pistol safety cors or a separate class?

I don't know. I'm in Mass and teach the NRA Basic Pistol Class with Live Fire. I have my CT Non-Resident permit and taught a few classes with residents of CT in the past. I can't get in touch with anyone for guidance on these new requirements. Maybe some CT Instructors will chime in.

I don't know. I'm in Mass and teach the NRA Basic Pistol Class with Live Fire. I have my CT Non-Resident permit and taught a few classes with residents of CT in the past. I can't get in touch with anyone for guidance on these new requirements. Maybe some CT Instructors will chime in.
Thanks. I'm just thinking if I get my butt moving I can avoid all the extra BS.

@Len-2A Training

Back
Top Bottom