• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sheriff Joe requires all deputies to carry ARs 24-7

Arizona Sheriff Joe Arpaio orders deputies to carry AR-15 style rifles and remain armed even when off duty

Sheriff Joe Arpaio of Maricopa County, Arizona announced Thursday he will start requiring his deputies to carry AR-15s at all times and expects them to use the weapons to fight crime even when they're off duty.

“While this decision may seem controversial to some in the public and among other law enforcement agencies, I have extreme confidence in the training and professionalism of the men and women deputies in the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office,” Arpaio said, according to AZ Family.

Does he mean they will have rifles in their cars, or that they will be carrying them around like they're patrolling the streets of Fallujah?

The latter would be WAAAAAAY past the line for me. The day I see cops patrolling the streets with ARs in their hand is the day I grab mine.

So if it goes off in the middle of the night is that a "nocturnal emission"?

image_zpsd4141296.jpg

Does he mean they will have rifles in their cars, or that they will be carrying them around like they're patrolling the streets of Fallujah?

The latter would be WAAAAAAY past the line for me. The day I see cops patrolling the streets with ARs in their hand is the day I grab mine.

I think the latter is exactly what he has in mind. Pure idiocy.

Yeah. Like the cops in NYC that hit more innocent people than criminals, those are .40s. I can't imagine a 55/62gr bullet whizzing upwards of 3000fps [rolleyes]

Mall ninja JBTs are pumped. baby dick murder boners.

I give up.

They shouldn't have to carry a rifle with them when they're off duty if they don't want to. It's a job, not a deployment.

Yeah. Like the cops in NYC that hit more innocent people than criminals, those are .40s. I can't imagine a 55/62gr bullet whizzing upwards of 3000fps [rolleyes]

Mall ninja JBTs are pumped. baby dick murder boners.

I give up.

Mall ninja JBTs are pumped for now, but we will see how their morale holds up when they are targeted by IEDs and hit-and-run guerrilla tactics that they cannot defend against.

They shouldn't have to carry a rifle with them when they're off duty if they don't want to. It's a job, not a deployment.

+1

Mall ninja JBTs are pumped for now, but we will see how their morale holds up when they are targeted by IEDs and hit-and-run guerrilla tactics that they cannot defend against.

Couldn't agree more. But hey, they can tactical roll.

Well, don't call me a boot licker for saying this. But didn't one of his guys just get gunned down in his own driveway? And the cartel's have bounties on him and his officers? Not saying I'm advocating Maricopa county's LEO's to walk patrol looking like the Turkish Gendarmerie. But having grown up south of Tucson, I can say southern AZ is a totally diffrent world compared to New England.

I think the latter is exactly what he has in mind. Pure idiocy.

Idk if I'd call this idiocy. Don't forget police in southwestern states are also battling Mexican drug cartels with full auto AK's. Theyre trying to level the playing field. If anything it's a win for us gun owners because its another example of how AR's are necessary for things other than "sporting"

Sheriff joe is piece of shit , typical police state jack booted thug. Where are the people who said he would be a good fit for head of DHS?

So now if you live near the border you will have police with rifles slung asking to see your papers. If that isn't the spitting image I nazi germany I don't know what is .

I like SJA because I find it the pinnacle of irony that a massive rights trampling agency hates the federal government because it's a giant rights trampling agency.

Idk if I'd call this idiocy. Don't forget police in southwestern states are also battling Mexican drug cartels with full auto AK's. Theyre trying to level the playing field. If anything it's a win for us gun owners because its another example of how AR's are necessary for things other than "sporting"

If an off duty cop feels like he's in danger he should do whatever he deems appropriate to protect himself. Ordering them to take a rifle to the supermarket is overstepping.

I'd agree with you that this is a positive for all of us if it wasn't cops involved, but it is. How would they feel about all citizens walking around carrying rifles?

Back
Top Bottom