Sending my CZ to Cajun Guns

Quick question, I usually my local shop for transfers, but I may have an issue because I have a CZ P01 that I bought on Armslist from a member here. I didn't think this should be an issue but I may not be able to use my local shop to transfer this gun to them for work and receive it back. I'm not sure what to think as it was sold to me in MA. Is there any way that I can transfer this gun to Cajun and get it back?

It is my understanding that as long as the recipient is an FFL, you can ship it yourself (but may need to use UPS or FedEx and actually go down to one of the facilities) and they can ship it back to you.

Example: Shipping Firearms and Ammunition | UPS - United States

There are several gunsmiths in MA that do these installations. I've had a lot of work done by G&N Gunsmithing, Tim & Steve are awesome. That drive may be more than you want to take if you are on the North Shore.

Quick question, I usually my local shop for transfers, but I may have an issue because I have a CZ P01 that I bought on Armslist from a member here. I didn't think this should be an issue but I may not be able to use my local shop to transfer this gun to them for work and receive it back. I'm not sure what to think as it was sold to me in MA. Is there any way that I can transfer this gun to Cajun and get it back?

There is no transfer, it gets logged in and out as a repair on their books. Just follow gun shipping regs and you'll be fine. (they can ship.it back to you directly)

-Mike

Well, my shop said "not knowing where it came from I'm not comfortable logging it into my book to ship considering its a off list gun that we are shipping out of state." I know I can ship it to them myself, but I can't receive it directly, and I'm concerned about not being able to get it back if I can find a shop that will accept it. I'm not an FFL and I need it to come back to me via a shop. Now this has me concerned about whether I can send my Colt out for work....

Well, my shop said "not knowing where it came from I'm not comfortable logging it into my book to ship considering its a off list gun that we are shipping out of state." I know I can ship it to them myself, but I can't receive it directly, and I'm concerned about not being able to get it back if I can find a shop that will accept it. I'm not an FFL and I need it to come back to me via a shop. Now this has me concerned about whether I can send my Colt out for work....

f*** them, just go direct and pay the extra 50 bucks at fedex or ups.... done. Retard FFL need not be involved. You don't need an FFL for a repair unless they're subbing out a frame or something....

But how do I get it back? I can go to Fedex but it has to go through a shop when it's returned? I'm from Peabody. Who could do the transfer?

But how do I get it back? I can go to Fedex but it has to go through a shop when it's returned? I'm from Peabody. Who could do the transfer?

Cajun just ships it back to you. Direct. Again, no transfer required on a repair! I would call and ask them if they have a preference for the carrier you use before shipping it to them.

-Mike

I'm going to go this route and get a damn box. I was reading this How to Ship a Firearm notice...probably the way to go....

It can come directly to you. When I sent my CZ in for warranty work, I mailed it directly from FedEx and received it back.
It doesn't have to go out via or return to an FFL.
Gunsmithing is not a transfer under the law.
Just make sure you sent it out via a hub and not a "store."

I was also planning on sending my Colt to Cylinder & Slide; now it's got me thinking, "am I going to go through this again?" Does anyone here have any experience with that company and the shipping method/requirements?

I was also planning on sending my Colt to Cylinder & Slide; now it's got me thinking, "am I going to go through this again?" Does anyone here have any experience with that company and the shipping method/requirements?
Cylinder and Slide has a quality reputation, with prices consistent with that high quality.

Just like the others have said. When I sent a new gun to S&W to be fixed their instructions were to ship fedex overnight (less handling and opportunity for it to get "lost) and they shipped it back to me (signature required).

Just like the others have said. When I sent a new gun to S&W to be fixed their instructions were to ship fedex overnight (less handling and opportunity for it to get "lost) and they shipped it back to me (signature required).

shipping overnight is not about "less handling and opportunity to get lost", but the law. As an unlicensed person (you dont have an FFL), you must ship handguns overnight and long guns second day. You also cannot ship USPS.

As a license holder, I can ship handguns 2nd day and long guns ground and can use USPS. I ship almost everything USPS priority as the most economical path.

It can be cheaper to use a FFL for outbound shipping when their transfer fee is less than the difference between overnight and 2nd day shipping.

shipping overnight is not about "less handling and opportunity to get lost", but the law. As an unlicensed person (you dont have an FFL), you must ship handguns overnight and long guns second day. You also cannot ship USPS.ping.
The ignorance of the law demonstrated on this forum never ceases to amaze.

There is no law mandating overnight. It is a policy imposed by the shippers, reportedly because they had internal theft problems. If you disagree, please cite the relevant statute.

USPS shipment of firearms is allowed between licensed dealers if the shipping dealer has a USPS form 1508 on file.

Back
Top Bottom