• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Senator Ayotte (R-NH) on Gun Control/Rights

MaverickNH

NES Member
January 7, 2013

Dear Mr. XXXXXX:

Thank you for contacting me regarding the tragedy in Newtown, Connecticut, and calls for increased gun control. I appreciate hearing from you.

I am deeply saddened and appalled by the senseless and horrific act of violence that occurred in Newtown. My thoughts and prayers remain with the victims, their families, and the Newtown community.

As Americans continue to mourn with the people of Newtown, there a lot of unanswered questions. As President Obama said, "no single law or set of laws will eliminate evil." But, we do need a thorough and thoughtful discussion in Washington and across the country about how we can best prevent senseless acts of violence. While I believe that denying the Second Amendment rights of law abiding citizens will not change the behavior of those intent on using firearms to commit horrific crimes, I support a thorough review of our laws, including how we deal with mental illness, to determine what can be done to deter and prevent mass shootings.

Again, thank you for taking the time to contact me. As your Senator, it is important to hear from you regarding the current issues affecting our nation. Please do not hesitate to be in touch again if I can be of further assistance.

Sincerely,
Signature
Kelly A. Ayotte
U. S. Senator

KAA/sr

Sounds like she is waiting to see which way the wind blows.... Sad, I just lost the respect I had for her after listening to a few interviews with her on Howie's show.

There are more than 22,000 gun laws currently on the books. Why the eff do people think more restrictions will end violence?

There are more than 22,000 gun laws currently on the books. Why the eff do people think more restrictions will end violence?

The sheep have been conditioned and are clueless.
Those that are pushing for more restrictions already know that they won't do a damned thing about preventing violence. It's all about disarmament and control...nothing else. [thinking]

People don't know there are 22,000 gun laws on the books. People (e.g. my progressive neighbors) think one can walk into a gun show and come out with a surplus Stinger no questions asked. That's what MSNBC keeps telling them.

Today, I just got exactly the same response back.

I did too. I got the same exact letter.

Of course you did.

Does anyone still think that any of the representatives see even the most articulately written pro-2A letters?

It's my belief that some staffer (or college intern) does nothing more than make a tick mark (for or against) on a tablet and then reports the numbers to their supervisor.

images

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom