Seecamp maintenance

Hello,

For those of you who carry a Seecamp, or I guess any similar style pocket pistol, I am just curious as to what you guys do for maintenance/cleaning after carry, and how often? I have had one for years now, and carry it off and on. I have found that even after a day of carry, it gets pretty gunked up with lint and any other pocket pixie dust you can imagine. I even turn pockets inside out and give them a good cleaning. I do use a pocket holster which does not cut down on filth. I am always afraid that carrying it too much/often and not cleaning it as much will cause it to misfire if I ever needed to use it. I know this is a carry often shoot not often type of gun. The action when cleaned is quite tough, IMO. Can't imagine how much worse it would be with lint and other debris stuck in it. I do know many people who RARELY clean theirs, however I do not know if they have ever tried firing it after prolonged carry to see how it shoots.

Just looking for some more info idea's etc.
Thanks

I use a pocket holster and don't see much if any lint in the gun. I clean it once every few months, but its not carried daily. I take it apart, wipe down if needed and re-lube. I use a Desantis pocket holster for it, its got a closed bottom, and covers the entire slide. Not much gets in there when I carry it.

I use a pocket holster and don't see much if any lint in the gun. I clean it once every few months, but its not carried daily. I take it apart, wipe down if needed and re-lube. I use a Desantis pocket holster for it, its got a closed bottom, and covers the entire slide. Not much gets in there when I carry it.

Basically exactly what I do too, never get much lint or anything in it, I just clean it up & oil it every couple months or so.

Basically exactly what I do too, never get much lint or anything in it, I just clean it up & oil it every couple months or so.

I use a mix of oil/grease. I put a dab of militec-1 (sample pot lasts forever) and some mobil1 and mix. Figured grease was too thick, and it was always bone dry when I took it apart. Figured mix them and get the best of both worlds, not too thick, but stays put.

nagano21, if part of the reason your gun is getting fouled with lint is because of it sticking to the oil, try Eezox. That's what Larry Seecamp recommends, and it "dries" and doesn't pick up much crud. The guys on the Seecamp forum swear by it on just about everything.

Last edited:
I will look into Eezox... I remember hearing a lot about this product on another forum regarding another topic years ago, and totally forgot about it. Great to know! I do believe some of this is probably due to the oil I use. What about the spray version of Rem-Oil with Teflon... this stuff drys somewhat dry, and use it sometime on internal parts of some of my pieces as to not attract more crud to the wetter style oils.

I carry one daily in an Akers rear pocket holster, have never seen that much lint or junk in it. I use Eezox and nothing seems to stick. I have not fired this one for over a year (unusual) and carried it daily. Perect 6 flawless shots of Gold Dot HP. And another couple of mags as well... flawless. So I guess we can say they can be carried for quite some time with no cleaning and still work very well.

Back
Top Bottom