• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Seecamp LWS .32. The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly. Opinions, nice holsters, advice, ammo...ect.

have one the best of the mouse guns had a beretta tomcat before which i sold for it was to bulky

tomcat is just far too wide. I think that pretty much disqualifies in making it “best”

tomcat/ beretta tip up is hands down the best pistol period for people with hand issues that want an auto, but are not able to work a slide.

Having owned a Seecamp I'll share my brief experience. I bought a new Southwick Seecamp. I really like the look and feel of the gun. It is small but hefty. Appears well built and well rounded - no sharp edges to snag on clothes. Shooting the Seecamp isn't a lot of fun for me but isn't overwhelming either. It's stout - small caliber but tiny gun. I wasn't careful with my off-hand on the first couple shots and got slide bite in my left hand. I was able to get through the first two magazines of Winchester Silvertips without a hiccup. My third and fourth magazines stovepiped on the last round. My fifth magazine FTF on the last round. I gave up for the day and went home to research. The Seecamp board had several folks who agreed that stovepiping on the last round was a known potential issue. It's worth noting here that the magazine is the European style base plate release so you really only have one magazine anyway - stovepiping on the last round is therefore less worrisome than if you thought you might reload. In any event, there were several threads on the Seecamp board regarding reliability issues which discouraged me though not all board members were so off-put. One reply to a reliability issue was "...It's not a range gun, it's a self-defense weapon!" Curious take, but who am I to judge? Anyway, I do like the look and feel of the gun. I just don't feel confident enough in the gun to carry it and no longer own it.

With all due respect. And remember I’m saying with all due respect. Stop f***ing around with a finicky piece of shit that you are relying on to save your life.
[laugh]

Fwiw.. I have a seecamp and like it.
they are fussy about ammo. But, you can generally find something other than silver tips that it will take flawlessly. Well made, iconic. Wired take down.

that said..I’d happily trade mine for a NAA.

Fwiw.. I have a seecamp and like it.
they are fussy about ammo. But, you can generally find something other than silver tips that it will take flawlessly. Well made, iconic. Wired take down.

that said..I’d happily trade mine for a NAA.
I went from a NAA guardian to the seecamp. No regrets

A bit more finicky. But no issues.

I've had a 32 ACP Seecamp on my ankle for the better part of 10 years. I use a generic Elite Velcro Ankle Holster.
Actually, I wore my old one out just last year and replaced it with a new one ( Not as well Made ).
My daily carry is a G21 with 2 spare mag's on my six. April & May I was carrying 4 spare mags.
But my Seecamp is usually on my ankle. My daughter call it my "Noisy Cricket", it hurts to shoot.
Mine gets so full of sock lint after a while it won't cycle. My only real issue is the mag release.
Jumping in and out of trucks and forklifts all day I inevitably release the mag.
People were finding them on the warehouse floor at work, not good. I used to cut the tips of my wife's latex gloves.
After a day or so the latex would just break. So I just stretch wrap the mag, looks a little ghey, but I don't care.

View attachment 386478
Duct tape!!!

Had one for a year. VERY snappy and hard to hold. 0 accuracy, only good for up under the chin. My Sig 938 is only a little bigger and is a WAY better gun in every aspect. Can't understand why that turd gets such good reviews.

Had one for a year. VERY snappy and hard to hold. 0 accuracy, only good for up under the chin. My Sig 938 is only a little bigger and is a WAY better gun in every aspect. Can't understand why that turd gets such good reviews.

I never had trouble making hits with mine out to 30 ft, but it's very clearly better as a museum piece than a gun someone would use in the real world.

I've seen a "Seecamp forum" mentioned a few times here but the links are all broken. Does that still exist? Have been thinking about buying one.

And I'll chime in on NAA and say their quality control is just about the worst I've ever seen in a gun company. Have tried several times to like them but I've had nothing but issues out of the box (mostly just major cosmetic issues to be fair).

I don’t know why anyone would want one of those today. Number of small 380s around that beat the Seecamp all day long

I hate the look of every other mouse gun out there except this one. Maybe not a good reason, but the build quality on these does not seem comparable to other pocket guns I've seen. Had an LCP (probably the highest rated small 380) and hated it. Felt very cheap, didn't fit well in the hand, had some malfunctions and have heard reports that some of the internal parts are weak and wear out quickly.

Have just been looking for something else. This is honestly the only thread where I've seen anything negative said about the Seecamp 32 but maybe I'm looking in the wrong places haha

The LCP is the biggest piece of garbage I ever wasted money on. Had to send it back for light strikes and stovepiping got it back still does the same thing. Worthless.

Even the NAA with its gritty 12lb trigger is better in most every way. And it feels like a gun…

I've seen a "Seecamp forum" mentioned a few times here but the links are all broken. Does that still exist? Have been thinking about buying one.

And I'll chime in on NAA and say their quality control is just about the worst I've ever seen in a gun company. Have tried several times to like them but I've had nothing but issues out of the box (mostly just major cosmetic issues to be fair).
The Seecamp forum is gone. There is a couple of Facebook groups. I have one and love it. Can’t find much ammo for it though as it is designed around hollow points.

I hate the look of every other mouse gun out there except this one. Maybe not a good reason, but the build quality on these does not seem comparable to other pocket guns I've seen. Had an LCP (probably the highest rated small 380) and hated it. Felt very cheap, didn't fit well in the hand, had some malfunctions and have heard reports that some of the internal parts are weak and wear out quickly.

Have just been looking for something else. This is honestly the only thread where I've seen anything negative said about the Seecamp 32 but maybe I'm looking in the wrong places haha
I agree I was never a fan of the LCP. I have a Diamondback 380 that weighs about 10 ounces and shoots really well, probably have 3K rounds thru it. I love small pistols but never cared for the Seecamp….If you really want it go for it…. I would recommend trying one out before you buy if you can…

The Seecamp forum is gone. There is a couple of Facebook groups. I have one and love it. Can’t find much ammo for it though as it is designed around hollow points.
Haven’t seen it a while, but the FMJ that worked in Seecamps was this one:

It’s a truncated cone FMJ that has the same OAL as a hollow point.

I think I like the Seecamp because it reminds of the Colt Vest Pockets and it's the closest factory new gun you can get to that

The LCP is the biggest piece of garbage I ever wasted money on. Had to send it back for light strikes and stovepiping got it back still does the same thing. Worthless.

Even the NAA with its gritty 12lb trigger is better in most every way. And it feels like a gun…
I agree about the LCP. I've had just as many issues with NAA though, especially their QC with fit and finish.

I agree I was never a fan of the LCP. I have a Diamondback 380 that weighs about 10 ounces and shoots really well, probably have 3K rounds thru it. I love small pistols but never cared for the Seecamp….If you really want it go for it…. I would recommend trying one out before you buy if you can…
I liked that Diamondback even though reviews at that time weren’t great. I was ready to pull the trigger on one labeled as new at Riley’s but I was giving it a once over and the barrel was filthy. The guy insisted it was factory testing and would not knock anything off the price. I walked…

Back
Top Bottom