• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Seecamp LWS .32. The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly. Opinions, nice holsters, advice, ammo...ect.

I carry it with the Speer GDs (when I rarely carry it) and practice with the PMC Bronze 60gn JHP. (PMC is a little more than half the price of the GD) And who can find WIN Silvertips???
I would carry with the PMC. It runs and shoots that well...

I carry it in a Don Hume, which fits well in Jeans/Dickies/dress pants very well and does not tilt in the pocket.
It was very tight at first though, and would pull out with the .32 when drawing from the pocket on looser slacks.
I corrected that by placing the pistol in a very thin dress sock and then holstering the pistol.
I let it sit that way for a week and it stretched the leather just enough to make it give up the gun properly.
I bought the really nicely made DH holster in a deep-rich maroon for $30 bucks almost 8 years ago. (I'm sure they're more than that now)
Great stitching, the finish is very durable, and looks like it just came out of the box...
View attachment 386370
^Not my photo.

My Seecamp has run very well, and I shoot it well enough for what it is... After learning its manual-of-arms.

Never broke a spring though...
nice holster. I wish I didn’t order a Galco, but then, I could get the Hume later. Need to find another magazine
EEZOX? Not that I've seen. Maybe best getting it online. I've only ever used CLP on it and all my guns since Uncle Sam introduced it to me. No issues with finish or grip panels...

Could just mean Seecamp has a marketing deal with EEZOX, who knows?
CLP it is then. Thanks
Love my Seecamp though I most often opt for a BG380. Best thing to do is read the manual thoroughly to understand the nuances of the gun, and pore over the Seecamp forum.

Some .32 will be too long for the magazine. I don't recall whether or not PMC is too long, but the OAL is listed in the forum to help you avoid the wrong brands.

A Seecamp is like a fine pocket watch.
PMC worked through it. I just got back from the range. I did have one light strike, it fired off after the second pull. I’ve read the manual and joined their forum too. The manual isn’t very well written, or explicit I should say. The manual says you can rack the slide with the magazine pulled out a little. On mine the slide won’t budge unless the magazine is in. It is like a fine pocket watch. I’m not a fan of polymer guns, not that there’s anything wrong with them.
The problem with mine was ultimately that if you didn't death grip the gun it would jam and when I mean death grip basically your hand had to hurt every time you went to fire the gun because if it didn't hurt you weren't gripping it hard enough....
I found it to be way easier to shoot than my Bodyguard. The BG killed my hand. I have a tough of arthritis and my hand kills for days if I wrench too hard with it or shoot the BG or 642 with +P. It’s definitely a close up gun for sure. I was even able to shoot it one handed.

I’ve gotten Eezox at the local gun shows. Not that we’ll see one this year.

I have that same Don Hume holster. Was not too tight. Don’t carry it much.

It’s always functions perfectly.

I might have a few Winchester silvertips trucked away. But I did make the switch to gold dots.

I'm not a fan. It's funny to unload. I had one, sold it, and replaced it with an NAA Guardian, which is a better gun IMHO.

I have owned quite a few 32s. Keltec, beretta,Naa, and seecamp..

my take..
tomcat.. far too big. Good quality.
seecamp, well made, fussy about ammo and all around weird.
keltec, not the best manufacture. But did everything really well
naa. Not as well made as the seecamp. Did everything well

i still own the seecamp. But I’d happily trade it for an NAA.

for what they are.. the keltec was really the best of the bunch. As it did everything really well and was the smallest and lightest of all.

I found it to be way easier to shoot than my Bodyguard. The BG killed my hand. I have a tough of arthritis and my hand kills for days if I wrench too hard with it or shoot the BG or 642 with +P. It’s definitely a close up gun for sure. I was even able to shoot it one handed.

That's not really saying that much though, because a BG380 is easily on my top 10 list of horrible guns, although thankfully I never bought one.

Shoot-ability, when it wasn't jamming... that was the one thing it didn't suck at, even without sights I could make decent groups with it at 20 feet on a paper plate at the range no problem... it pointed well, etc.

I will concede that part of my problem was during the "bad silvertip" era before Seecamp identified that they were starting to turn to shit. So I suspect that a lack of impulse/recoil energy had something to do with the cycling problems I experienced. At the time however, the manual and all docs were like SILVERTIPS ONLY so I never bothered to try any other JHPs in it.

Even so, the f***o manual of arms on the thing was terrible. To add insult to injury, when I consigned it, after it was sold a couple weeks or so the gun shop owner told me that the new owner had it, apparently the hammer broke on the thing. So it was just as well I got rid of it anyways. [laugh]

I've had a 32 ACP Seecamp on my ankle for the better part of 10 years. I use a generic Elite Velcro Ankle Holster.
Actually, I wore my old one out just last year and replaced it with a new one ( Not as well Made ).
My daily carry is a G21 with 2 spare mag's on my six. April & May I was carrying 4 spare mags.
But my Seecamp is usually on my ankle. My daughter call it my "Noisy Cricket", it hurts to shoot.
Mine gets so full of sock lint after a while it won't cycle. My only real issue is the mag release.
Jumping in and out of trucks and forklifts all day I inevitably release the mag.
People were finding them on the warehouse floor at work, not good. I used to cut the tips of my wife's latex gloves.
After a day or so the latex would just break. So I just stretch wrap the mag, looks a little ghey, but I don't care.

1599170353850.png

My Kel-Tec P32 underwent hours of the so-called “Fluff’n’Buff” until it shot mags without failure, hitting COM at 3yd easy. That little piece can fit anywhere. But it’s a “Belly Gun” - you pull it out when you‘re so close that you can only unload a mag belly-to-belly. Two hands, one on the grip and the over the top for retention- gotta rack it each shot as it can’t eject. SIGArms Academy has a course to practice that - not for wussies. I still have scars from that course - just minor flesh wounds, mind you. A spritz of Lidocaine Spray and you’re back in action.

I did have one light strike, it fired off after the second pull.
The Seecamp demands a hard, deliberate pull of the trigger.
No second thoughts, no gentle 'squeeze' like you are shooting Bullseye competition.

Don't gently pull back on the trigger looking for the 'glass rod' to break, this ain't the gun for that job.
A deliberate hard pull will give the hammer the force of mass required to pop that primer. Every time...

~Enbloc

Last edited:
My Kel-Tec P32 underwent hours of the so-called “Fluff’n’Buff” until it shot mags without failure, hitting COM at 3yd easy. That little piece can fit anywhere. But it’s a “Belly Gun” - you pull it out when you‘re so close that you can only unload a mag belly-to-belly. Two hands, one on the grip and the over the top for retention- gotta rack it each shot as it can’t eject. SIGArms Academy has a course to practice that - not for wussies. I still have scars from that course - just minor flesh wounds, mind you. A spritz of Lidocaine Spray and you’re back in action.

odd.. my p32 was absolutely stock. And I had 0 ftf/ftf. And used all sorts of whatever ammo was available. It would eat whatever I fed and it spit it out no problem.

and none of the 32s we are talking about here are 100 yard 1” group guns. They are all last resort within 10 feet types of guns. Expecting more is unrealistic Imo.

the only mouse gun that I had that was actually surpring accurate was a colt 25. I could get consistent clover leafs out of that thing At 25’. And I am not a great shooter

The Seecamp demands a hard, deliberate pull of the trigger.
No second thoughts, no gentle 'squeeze' like you are shooting Bullseye competition.

Don't gently pull back on the trigger looking for the 'glass rod' to break, this ain't the gun for that job.
A deliberate hard pull will give the hammer the force of mass required to pop that primer. Every time...

~Enbloc
Enbloc, you just opened my eyes. I was staging the trigger like I do on my 642. Good to know it wasn’t the gun or the ammo.

I just had some therapy time cleaning it up. I used CLP. I need to pick up a .32 brush. Easy to take down. The hardest part was inserting a spent shell between the slide and barrel. 😄 Can’t wait for the holster to come in so I can carry it.

Here's a drill you can try if you have a gun range where you can walk right up to the target and shoot.
Also, make sure the berm or backstop will absorb the round once it is delivered and not be prone to riccochet.

~Staple an old tee shirt to the frame (make/bring a frame made out of pine strapping if needed) to use as your target.
No need to mark it or put a dot decal on it.
~ Now following reasonable Rules of Safety, bring the pistol to bear on the belly of the tee shirt and fire two to three rounds quickly, with anger and intention.

This will free your mind from the typical paper target at 3-4 yards while using any common 2 hand stance.

~ When you are comfortable with this; add a blocking movement with your non-dominant hand then fire into the tee shirt.
Always moving very slow and keeping your movements well choreographed so as to not injure yourself.
That is: don't draw your pistol and then sweep your arm in front of the muzzle. Cadence should be "Block/Present/Fire"

Something happens inside your brain when performing these drills that says "oh! this feels more real!" Or, at least it does to me...

NOTE: If you don't feel you can accomplish this safely, just train with Close Quarter Drill and the tee shirt.
~Enbloc

Last edited:
The hardest part was inserting a spent shell between the slide and barrel.
I use a small wooden dowel for that. Same diameter as the small U.S. flag sticks cut to length. Works better than the case...

The LWS32 is literally in top 5 worst guns I ever owned. The only reason it's not #1 is because I got most of my money back.

I didn't want to go this far because the OP seemed kinda psyched, but what good is a "well made" gun (what the Hell does that mean anyway? It looks nice?) that is super ammo-sensitive, doesn't unload like any other pistol, and requires you to pull the trigger a certain way to make it go Bang every time.

The NAA shoots anything, lets you rack the slide with the mag out, and goes Bang every time. That's what I call "well made".

Last edited:
I didn't want to go this far because the OP seemed kinda psyched, but what good is a "well made" gun (what the hell does that mean anyway? It looks nice?) that is super ammo-sensitive, doesn't unload like any other pistol, and requires you to pull the trigger a certain way to make it go Bang every time.

The NAA shoots anything, lets you rack the slide with the mag out, and goes Bang every time. That's what I call "well made".
That's why i used the term "seemingly". If you never fired it, it looks good.... [laugh] they certainly don't work as good as they look.

I didn't want to go this far because the OP seemed kinda psyched, but what good is a "well made" gun (what the Hell does that mean anyway? It looks nice?) that is super ammo-sensitive, doesn't unload like any other pistol, and requires you to pull the trigger a certain way to make it go Bang every time.

That's why i used the term "seemingly". If you never fired it, it looks good.... [laugh] they certainly don't work as good as they look.
Seems reliable to me. I went in knowing it only took jhp’s. The guardian looks to be very nice also. I like the fact that it take ball ammo. I read somewhere ball ammo in .32 has deeper penetration. I also like no magazine disconnect. Maura won’t let me have it in Massachusetts though. I originally wanted a Beretta Tomcat and was looking for one of those. I got discouraged because the pre-ban ones are prone to cracked frames. I still want one though. Maybe I’ll pick up a guardian too at some point. I may end up in a free state in a couple of years when I retire.

I cant argue with others, but mine works great for what it is. I use the 60 gr gold dots. Slower (fps) than I would like but very easy to shoot and 100% reliable. Also load 60 gr XTPs for practice (w/ 2 grains of bullseye).

Is the "cant rack the slide without a magazine" a California model thing?

It worked well enough for this guy:

I got an early one pretty cool little gun got a little bit of weight probably leave a mark if you had to throw it at somebody.

I cant argue with others, but mine works great for what it is. I use the 60 gr gold dots. Slower (fps) than I would like but very easy to shoot and 100% reliable. Also load 60 gr XTPs for practice (w/ 2 grains of bullseye).

Is the "cant rack the slide without a magazine" a California model thing?

No, that tiny sliding safety button mounted on the trigger blade (which nobody ever uses) is what makes it CA and Mass compliant.

I've had a 32 ACP Seecamp on my ankle for the better part of 10 years. I use a generic Elite Velcro Ankle Holster.
Actually, I wore my old one out just last year and replaced it with a new one ( Not as well Made ).
My daily carry is a G21 with 2 spare mag's on my six. April & May I was carrying 4 spare mags.
But my Seecamp is usually on my ankle. My daughter call it my "Noisy Cricket", it hurts to shoot.
Mine gets so full of sock lint after a while it won't cycle. My only real issue is the mag release.
Jumping in and out of trucks and forklifts all day I inevitably release the mag.
People were finding them on the warehouse floor at work, not good. I used to cut the tips of my wife's latex gloves.
After a day or so the latex would just break. So I just stretch wrap the mag, looks a little ghey, but I don't care.

View attachment 386478

File this one under "Seecamp Saran Wrap Mod" ;-)

Cool.

I carried a P32 for years in my pocket. My biggest worry was them damned rimmed 32 cartridges and the dreaded rimlock.

Given the plethora (plethora? Who am I? The Infamous El Guapo?) of 380's out there not much bigger and certainly not much heavier, I have to wonder how Seecamp even sells any guns anymore.
rimmed cartridges? .32?

Back
Top Bottom