Secret FBI Watchlist Leaks Online, and Boy Do the Feds Think a Lot of People Are Terrorists

Should we start looking ourselves up?

Back in July, cybersecurity researcher Bob Diachenko found what seemed to be a leaked FBI watchlist naming the personal details of close to 2 million suspected terrorists. Diachenko quickly filed a report to the Department of Homeland Security, hoping the agency would issue some sort of patch to keep this data from leaking into the wrong hands, which it did—roughly three weeks later.

“It’s not clear why it took so long, and I don’t know for sure whether any unauthorized parties accessed it,” Diachenko wrote in a Monday Linkedin post describing the incident, which was first reported by Bleeping Computer. He went on to add that the exposed server where he found the watchlist was already freely available on hacker-friendly search engines like Censys and Zoomeye, no passwords needed.

I'm not on the list.

I just passed a background check for something like this.

I read that if you ARE on this list you will now be notified that you are on the No-Fly List.

Should we start looking ourselves up?

Back in July, cybersecurity researcher Bob Diachenko found what seemed to be a leaked FBI watchlist naming the personal details of close to 2 million suspected terrorists. Diachenko quickly filed a report to the Department of Homeland Security, hoping the agency would issue some sort of patch to keep this data from leaking into the wrong hands, which it did—roughly three weeks later.

“It’s not clear why it took so long, and I don’t know for sure whether any unauthorized parties accessed it,” Diachenko wrote in a Monday Linkedin post describing the incident, which was first reported by Bleeping Computer. He went on to add that the exposed server where he found the watchlist was already freely available on hacker-friendly search engines like Censys and Zoomeye, no passwords needed.
I hope this list is better than the list the FBI used on September 11th, 2001.

If we had a president with actual backbone, he would disband the "Homeland Security" department, and tell the FBI to
keep their lists down to some minimum, say 10,000 people and if you add someone new you have to take someone off.
What about the 30K + terrorist's strolling across the border as we speak.................

Just how many Member/Terrorists are on NES these days? I’m not sure if/how that can be found these days.

Eh , they (FBI) leaked it so everyone can see what type of people they consider terrorist.
I dont know how to put it to word but I stopped caring when our own government was saying returning vets our basically
The threat ?
The government certainly doesn't seem to represent us, or care about us, or want us alive anymore.

Don't forget to pay your taxes

I'm white, Christian, gun owning, Trump supporting, anti vax, nationalist. That is on a few questionable forums and makes no apologies for my negative views of government in general.
Who also happens to hold a secret clearance and work for an arm of MIT that gets 99% of its funding from DoD.
I think I'd know if I was on a "list".
They tend to be kind of funny about those things.

Back
Top Bottom