Scumbag Factor at Gun Shows

Interesting thread. Not to go too far off topic, but

Reminds me when I was in Slovakia and went to this army/navy store type. I wanted soviet propaganda, but there was none. They had a ton of Nazi stuff; Knifes, metals, and even uncut rolls of the cloth Jewish stars.

I had a translator and asked why they had no soviet propaganda, he said they don't like them. I then pointed at the Nazi stuff saying "why this" and he just shrugged his shoulders. Tensions were getting heated, but luckily I did not fully understand him at the time, the translator left the scene. (I later found out that he was saying he was pro-fascism).

they even had the confederate flag, which upset my wife since we fly that in front of our house. Apparently they are "sympathetic to the cause".

But more on topic, I am sick of auction arms posting Nazi hitler stamps.

Guess there was a higher class of attendee at the show today. Maybe that's since all the Jewish gunnies were at temple yesterday for Yom Kippur... [wink]

I have to disagree with you here Ross, the "average" class of attendee was much higher on saturday simply because I was there. [wink] [smile]

He probably hates me, too, Greg. Although I'm more of a mutt. Got a lot of Austrian, some Hungarian, some Czech, English and Irish in me. [smile]

Strange, though... although that's my ancestry, I don't consider myself anything but an AMERICAN. (You'll have to view this in something other than a white background so that the M and the I show up).

Now, THAT I'd have bought.

dwarven1, that must be a very spooky thing to own. I got a few nazi passports, medals, and a hankerchief my grandad stole while in Italy, but never bought anything outside of that scope. Other then a good Handgun [grin].

But I guess if these shows are getting buyers, then I guess they are here to stay. I just don't want to see this in an online search for C&R. Stamps are not C&R firearms.

And we all hate the French...

Producer, I'm kind of "in your face" about anti-Semitism - sort of in a "Bring it on, pal!", so I'd probably wear one of those stars on my riding jacket!

I'm not sure what the link was supposed to show; all I saw was what looked like a C&R search on auctionarms. Was that the right link?

Yeah, usually you see Nazi Stamps, youth badges, and medals on that C&R "firearms only" search.

They sell them real cheap, so i don't know if they are knockoffs, but I think they are getting better in weeding them out by putting them in the right category.

At the show today, I did notice a bit Nazi flag over at the dealer across from the Powder Keg; when I was there talking with C-pher it caught my eye and I was glaring at it and thinking that it would look really nice through the sights of my M1... and would look even better torn to sh*t after 70 NESers shot it into Swiss cheese...
2up.gif

I know it's a relic of a regime that's on the garbage heap of history... But I still don't like seeing it. I did see one butthead selling replica pins of some sort with a friggin' swastika on it. I didn't stop to ask him what kind of pond scum would buy them and wear them, though. Didn't want to get into a fight about it.

However, other than one rather overweight young guy wearing fatigues, the pondscum factor seemed pretty low today.

I also saw the Nazi Flag and other related relics at the show in Marlboro and thought to myself that the person selling them probably wears them as well...

I also saw the Nazi Flag and other related relics at the show in Marlboro and thought to myself that the person selling them probably wears them as well...

Lord, I hope not. I don't know what I'd do if confronted by some mouth-breather actually wearing a fscking swastika. I can tell you that whatever it was, I doubt it'd be good. [thinking]

There was one creepy guy at the show, he was looking at all super-compact pistols that the vendors had (of the very few MA-legal ones...). Now I'd like a compact pistol too, but the guy gave off a very unpleasant vibe. A completely humorless demeanor, no affect whatsoever.

No offense if it was one of you guys [smile]

I feel similarly. I REALLY want a nice k98 stamped with Israeli markings
from the war of independence. I have never found one that was not really rough.
The irony of that gun is beautiful.

F

Producer, I'm kind of "in your face" about anti-Semitism - sort of in a "Bring it on, pal!", so I'd probably wear one of those stars on my riding jacket!

I'm not sure what the link was supposed to show; all I saw was what looked like a C&R search on auctionarms. Was that the right link?

Gun shows already get a bad enough rap from the media and politicians.

They certainly don't need the added baggage of hosting these zipperheads selling Nazi memorabilia.

If it's that much of a collectible they should have their own Militaria shows.

I wonder if there really is much interest by firearms enthusiasts for that crap. Think it may be possible that the kkk and nazi gadget sales guys are just trying to attach themselves to another group to try to present the appearance that there is more interest than there really is. At the marlboro show saw a table with kkk insignias, is there any reason for a gun show promoter to support that, have to wonder what type of person would take money for a table for such stuff. Don't know personally any gun show promoters, don't think I want to now; the people they are taking money from speaks quite a bit about their moral values, or rather lack thereof.

The kkk and nazi item sellers have evidently found that the gun show promoters are such an easy target because they will take anyone's money for a table, where many other organizations may turn them away.

I'm getting strange vibe from this thread. I know I'm going to take a lot of flack for this but I'm going to mention something here that is not pointed at any one person, including the one that I'm about to quote. I'm simply using this quote cause it's handy....

At the marlboro show saw a table with kkk insignias, is there any reason for a gun show promoter to support that, have to wonder what type of person would take money for a table for such stuff. Don't know personally any gun show promoters, don't think I want to now; the people they are taking money from speaks quite a bit about their moral values, or rather lack thereof.

or it could be because they have so much moral value that they will stand up for somebodies 1st amendment rights even if they don't agree with them.

I don't see the point of that crap being there. It's a gun show not a kkk or Nazi show. If they want to sell that crap they should take it to a related event. However, that is not the argument that I'm hearing from most here. I'm hearing moral arguments. Well, morally I think everybody has a right to his or her stupid opinion. If they want to sell ignorant propaganda then I will stand firm for their right to do so. Because there are a lot of people who think that our gun opinions are just as ignorant. And they would love to do away with us as much as some here seam to want to do away with the people mentioned in the above quote.

So who wants to be the first to step out on the slippery slope?

or it could be because they have so much moral value that they will stand up for somebodies 1st amendment rights even if they don't agree with them.

There is no slippery slope because there is no 1st Amendment issue here. The 1st Amendment applies only to GOVERNMENT action, private parties on private property engaged in private activities have no responsibility to provide a forum for people with whom they disagree or who violate the rules established for participation.

Hence Derek could on a whim decide to ban anyone with the initials GS.

No, I think LenS has it right. It's about money, not morality.

Money. [thinking]

I'm not sure what bothers me more: the fact that the dealers think that us gun owners would like to buy Nazi or KKK crap or that they must be making money by actually SELLING that garbage at gun shows.

'Cause if they weren't making money at it, they wouldn't be selling it there. I guess the big question is if they're selling it to guys like M4M who just wants to have the appropriate paraphernalia to go with his milsurps or if they're selling it to brain-dead mouth-breathers who actually believe in what those groups stand for.

Snapshot, I read your post over and over trying to see your point of view. Also read my post over a few times. After careful review will say that while I will fight for anyone and everyone's Constitutional rights, and as a combat veteran I have done so, this issue has NOTHING whatsoever to do with 1st Amendment rights, has to do with what is right and what is wrong and while I wrote my previous post relatively quickly, do not think I could have been more clear.......

Originally Posted by stosh
"At the marlboro show saw a table with kkk insignias, is there any reason for a gun show promoter to support that, have to wonder what type of person would take money for a table for such stuff. Don't know personally any gun show promoters, don't think I want to now; the people they are taking money from speaks quite a bit about their moral values, or rather lack thereof."

Seems to make sense to me, but I am getting long in the tooth so to speak so I could be too old fashioned and trying to keep ideals from the dinasaur age alive, apologize if it is now fashionable and socially acceptable to support hate groups / some of the worst criminals ever to exist on the planet, don't think I will ever accept that, I apologize for being stubborn and unyielding on the matter.

Last edited:
Well the Nazi's made some great guns. So maybe a collector of Nazi memorabilia would go to a gun show for Nazi stuff.

But did the KKK make any good firearms? I don't think so.....

Well, like I said, I wasn't pointing it at any one person or comment. There just seamed to be a general direction that the thread was heading in... As if these people didn't have a right sell what they sell. Nobody is saying that what they represent is ethical or "right" but it just seemed to me that there are some here who would try to silence them if they could. Which is exactly what I think others would do with us if they could. So it seamed kind of odd to hear that kind of talk coming from such a forum.

Meh... maybe I'm just so used to hearing people trying to shut me up that I'm now sensitive to it when I see it happen to others. I’ve never been one to fear ignorance and hate. I think (perhaps naively) that smart people can see through it and stupid people will use it to make themselves more visible so that I can avoid them.(or in the case of gun control, educate them) Put another way, I’m glad people who believe in that stuff go around wearing symbols of it. It helps me identify them.

Last edited:
OK, time to chime in as "just another NES member" (not speaking as a Mod).

- I am a Jew, and one who feels very strongly about what should be done to Nazis even to this day or anti-semitism of any kind.

- However, I have an interest in History and regrettably, the Nazis had a lot to do with History, even to a personal level . . . most of my Family (both sides) lived in Russia or Europe and almost nobody survived the Holocaust.

- That said, I own and treasure a Luger and German Army dress dagger that my late Father confiscated from a German Army Major POW at the end of the war.

- Further I paid dearly for a C&R K98 that was made in a concentration camp, under the auspices of the SS (BNZ Single Rune) as a piece of history of that time.

- I also own two C&R Israeli marked K98s that originally had Nazi markings on them prior to the Israelis buying them to defend the fledgling state of Israel in 1948.

- For the record, I do not hate Germans. I evaluate each human being I encounter as an individual and make personal judgments on each one by their behavior, not by their ethnic, racial or religious background. [I even have one friend who is a Palestinian (born in Beirut) who hates Israel.]

Now about the gun shows:

- Read the advertising VERY CAREFULLY! Many of the shows are advertised as "Gun, Knife and MILITARIA Shows". This would legitimately include collectors and sellers of Nazi guns/related material. Every one of Carole's fliers for future shows list "Militaria" as part of the show.

- I do know Carole, the promoter of the Big E/Wilmington/Marlboro shows and I also know Pat DiPrete (not as well) who is the promoter of the NH gun shows.

- The promoters are in it for the money. That's why they allow vendors selling stuff that isn't really related to guns (super tape, super glue, super knife sharpeners, jerky, etc.). That said, I recall my first reaction when I ran into a large vendor at the Big E selling small glassine envelopes . . . I was looking for the complimentary vendor who I figured would be selling the cocaine to put in those small glassine envelopes! [rolleyes] [sad]

- Just because someone sells Nazi guns, memorabilia doesn't (IMNSHO) prove that the dealer is a Nazi or even a Nazi sympathizer. Said dealer may well be a history buff who expanded that to his/her business.

- I don't particularly like seeing some guy wandering around the show in a Nazi uniform, but I tend to ignore them. Might be advertising their table, or it may be something more . . . I just don't waste my time dealing with it.

- I agree that the KKK stuff just doesn't belong at any Northern US gun show! If I were the promoter, I'd boot them or tell them to stash it (if they also sold legit guns/related stuff). 1st Amendment does not apply to private entities and the promoter can prohibit someone or certain things from sale if they want to do so.

- I really don't think that Carole "reviews" what the dealers plan to sell in advance. As long as their check clears, they get a table.

Back
Top Bottom