Scumbag Factor at Gun Shows

( but Ross is right ..give me a flag at 100 yards..and i will light that thing up...until the barrel is cherry red)
Hmm... much as I hate the thought of soiling my hands with one of those dust rags, I may just have to provide one for the next shoot...

Let me think on this. If I can bring myself to actually spend money on one, it might be doable. Anyone got a Nazi marked K98 I could use to shoot at it?

I thought this thread would be about gang bangers and wannabes at gun shows. I haven't seen too many of them at the Marlboro show but I've heard that gun shows in Florida, for example, are packed with those kind of scumbags.

My real problem with gun shows is lack of real CONTENT... eg, guns
and ammo, etc. It seems like at a lot of these shows they're
lugging around the same shit they were selling 6 months ago,
etc.
-Mike

I see the same thing at Ham radio flea markets. I joked to a friend of mine that some of the sellers must super glue their shit to the table to make it easier to pack up. Same crap on the same tables month after month.

Gary

I look at the Nazi crap the same way I look at the Soviet, Chinese, or Japanese crap. I will probably never own the flags or arm bands or uniforms, but guarantee if I get an authentic marked firearm, my red crayon and heat gun come out and I make those markings the most visible thing on the gun. The history of the firearm and it's role in a conflict are what matter to me, not the politics of the country that used it. I do understand why some folks collect the "accessories" that go with their gun and do not hold it against them.
That being said, I am not Jewish, Black, or any other minority, but I have no tolerance for hate mongers. I've been in numerous sticky situations when I was young and dumb, and will attest to the fact that race/creed of the person who's got your back when you need it is meaningless. I've met a-holes and standup folks in just about all colors and religions. Just my .02

And I have to wonder WHY they do so. Maybe I'll go to Springfield... wearing a yellow Mogen David (six pointed star) on my sleeve just to see what they do.

I'll back you up..Seriously, I was looking for a reason to punch that Springfield nazi guy in the throat and force feed him his armband while his little nazi followers gasped in horror.I followed him around for a few minutes trying to figure him out.[frown]

I see the same thing at Ham radio flea markets. I joked to a friend of mine that some of the sellers must super glue their shit to the table to make it easier to pack up. Same crap on the same tables month after month.

Gary

Yeah, hamfests have the same problem but are generally
worse, at least as far as actual radios go. Usually all the good
radios get gobbled up in the first hour or so and then whatever is
leftover is overpriced crap. Soap also seems optional, especially
at Boxboro..... [laugh]

Edit: One of these days I want to rent a table at a hamfest and just
load it up with bars of soap for sale, at a minimum it'll draw a few laughs.

I'll back you up..Seriously, I was looking for a reason to punch that Springfield nazi guy in the throat and force feed him his armband while his little nazi followers gasped in horror.I followed him around for a few minutes trying to figure him out.[frown]

I'm in. We can string him up by his feet and beat him like a Himmler pinata at a Mossad picnic.

Edit: One of these days I want to rent a table at a hamfest and just load it up with bars of soap for sale, at a minimum it'll draw a few laughs.
You'll spend all of your time explaining what the soap is for.

Did you say Ham radio conventions?

Gary

....Ham radio flea markets? Ugh... That's right up there with Chevy Vega swap meets and psychic conventions. If I had a way to advise "how not to get laid" that'd be it. Please tell me you haven't been to very many of those.

Yeah, hamfests have the same problem but are generally
worse, at least as far as actual radios go. Usually all the good
radios get gobbled up in the first hour or so and then whatever is
leftover is overpriced crap. Soap also seems optional, especially
at Boxboro..... [laugh]

Edit: One of these days I want to rent a table at a hamfest and just
load it up with bars of soap for sale, at a minimum it'll draw a few laughs.

Load up the table with cigarettes and donuts, at least the stuff will sell then.

I'm a new poster here, so maybe this will start a flame war, but here goes. I've been to tons of gun shows all over the place, but if there's one thing I'm getting sick of is the amount of Nazi shit I invariably see displayed at too many tables. It's supposed to be a gun show, not a Hitler rally. I was at the Concord gun show last weekend and saw about five or six tables that push a lot of German WW2 memorabilia, and not just WW2 era weapons and knives, but flags, pins arm bands and other items. Call me a liberal, but I don't see why it's so important to sell Nazi flags at a gun show at the expense of turning off interest in our hobby to the uninitiated.

I understand military collectibles are valuable and have their place; I served many years in uniform and can appreciate that aspect quite a bit. I really don't care if someone wants to collect it or even whether or not they think Hitler was great. But you know what? It's pretty distracting to the point of embarrassment to bring someone to a gun show who's curious about shooting only to have them put off by more than a few tables selling some genuine and reproduction Nazi memorabilia.

There's probably a place for that kind of thing, but it shouldn't be at gun shows. The shooting crowd can't afford too many negatives these days, as we all know. The best way to get women - particularly the good looking ones - and minorities into the shooting sports is to disassociate it from the negatives.

If I've offended anyone here, that isn't my intent, but if I notice this, a newbie at his first gun show notices it too. You may be one of the people into the history of it all, but it doesn't come across that way and doesn't do our cause or our sport any favors. Next time please do us a favor and leave it at home - you know nobody's buying it anyway.

the reason that stuff is so prolific at gun shows is very simple; there are a lot of collectors and a lot of money in nazi stuff. i spent time in berlin [before the wall came down] and munich in the 1981. nazi items, at that time, were illegal own in germany. there were warehouses full of that stuff selling on the black market to be smuggled out of the country. see what happens when something is made illegal.

....Ham radio flea markets? Ugh... That's right up there with Chevy Vega swap meets and psychic conventions. If I had a way to advise "how not to get laid" that'd be it. Please tell me you haven't been to very many of those.

I've never tried to get laid at a flea market, so I wouldn't know. You might want to try other venues if that's your interest. [wink]

I tell you what... I don't mind if someone wants to sell this stuff at a show. I just pass those tables up. I do hate when I go to a show and there's not a lot of Guns and Gun related stuff...(ammo, holsters, cleaning supplies, reloading supplies, etc...) But the one guy at Marlboro that BLASTS the Nazi Speaches and Marches on the Boom Box, that's what drives me nuts.

I don't mind the Jerky guy, because it's good Jerky, and it gives me something to munch on when I'm working the shows...hell, I don't mind the Hot Sauce folks because they have good sauce as well...

But hell, leave the music off. Sell the CDs, but don't blast it...

I tell you what... I don't mind if someone wants to sell this stuff at a show. I just pass those tables up. I do hate when I go to a show and there's not a lot of Guns and Gun related stuff...(ammo, holsters, cleaning supplies, reloading supplies, etc...) But the one guy at Marlboro that BLASTS the Nazi Speaches and Marches on the Boom Box, that's what drives me nuts....

I've been to a few shows that have little in the way of guns or supplies and they suck. I don't care about the militaria, even if it's from the Nazis, Commies, or any other former enemy. After all, the relics are all that's left because they lost. In a way, history is laughing at them. It might be better if they'd have thier own shows so that firearms enthusiasts don't get mixed in with them, but either way I just don't care.

I've been to a few shows that have little in the way of guns or supplies and they suck. I don't care about the militaria, even if it's from the Nazis, Commies, or any other former enemy. After all, the relics are all that's left because they lost. In a way, history is laughing at them. It might be better if they'd have thier own shows so that firearms enthusiasts don't get mixed in with them, but either way I just don't care.

+1000 to that! It's called a GUN show for a reason. I hate wading through the tables full of non gun CRAP. If the promoter can't get enough gun dealers to have a real gun show then it shouldn't be called a GUN show.

Awwww, c'mon.. I had a Chevy Vega and got a considerable amount of action... [wink]

It's funny, in Japan, the Nazi decorations are more of a nostalgia trip, with none of the connotations they have here. They had this Oktoberfest thing in a restaurant in Tokyo, with Nazi flags and all. They were of course the allies to the Japanese. And since the Japanese learn that they were the good guys in WWII, just minding their own business and helping out the poor underprivileged Chinese in Manchuria, and the Germans were just friendly jolly folks who like to drink beer and march around in uniform.

Back
Top Bottom