Scope mount for AR-15 A2 fixed carry

pj150

NES Member
OK, I can't shoot for crap using the iron sights on my Colt AR. I'd lie to put on some kind of magification scope so I can actually see what I am aiming at.

I have a decent scope I can use for now until I can save up some cash for a nicer setup. I do need in the meantime something to mount it to.

I looked around and saw those mounts that screw into the little hole in the middle of the carry handle that makes a platform of sorts so you can attach scopes to. Price vary widely. I know it should be sturdy as it may get banged around or the impact of the recoil might joust it a bit. Anyone have input on where or what brands to get/avoid? I did see people were advertising some for little as 10 bucks but it seems a bit too cheap.

I don't need the additional accessory rail but if it's not that much more I might as well if I do tacticool my rifle a bit.

I have one like that, although I forget the brand. I've had it a while, so it may have come from Cheaper Than Dirt or Sportsman's Guide.

Anyhow, it held a 3-9 x 40 without a problem and allows me to see through it for the open sights. I'd buy another in a heartbeat, if I needed one.

OK, I can't shoot for crap using the iron sights on my Colt AR. I'd lie to put on some kind of magification scope so I can actually see what I am aiming at.

I have a decent scope I can use for now until I can save up some cash for a nicer setup. I do need in the meantime something to mount it to.

I looked around and saw those mounts that screw into the little hole in the middle of the carry handle that makes a platform of sorts so you can attach scopes to. Price vary widely. I know it should be sturdy as it may get banged around or the impact of the recoil might joust it a bit. Anyone have input on where or what brands to get/avoid? I did see people were advertising some for little as 10 bucks but it seems a bit too cheap.

I don't need the additional accessory rail but if it's not that much more I might as well if I do tacticool my rifle a bit.

I will see if I still have one. E mail your address to [email protected] If I have it you can have it for $10 shipped ($5 for me and $5 for the postal service) Such a deal.You will need rings. I am cleaning out gear I don't use.

Nice offer Round!

I just bought my first AR-15 (Armalite A2, 20" HBAR). Do you have a spare sling by chance?

BTW,
If you were a paid NES member, there is a FREE Karma give-away going on right now in the members forum for a mount AND a scope...

Join up!

Back
Top Bottom