School shooting (not really, "man with a gun") in Woburn

This is happening the street over from me. Apparently there is a stand off happening, firearms involved, and possible a domestic disturbance. The roads are closed and there are three swat teams and a couple armored trucks around. There are 3 choppers in the air also. Nothing seems to be going on, I took a walk down the street a little while ago but nothing was really happening. Ill keep you guys posted

This is happening the street over from me. Apparently there is a stand off happening, firearms involved, and possible a domestic disturbance. The roads are closed and there are three swat teams and a couple armored trucks around. There are 3 choppers in the air also. Nothing seems to be going on, I took a walk down the street a little while ago but nothing was really happening. Ill keep you guys posted

Take a selfie with your thumbs up and the MRAP's in the backround.

I used to work for Cummings. You can hear gunshots in every building they own in Woburn. I live in Reading and even I can hear shots from Mass Rifle and Reading Revolver.

The entrance to my street is 3 houses from the surrounded house. I am not going home any time soon apparently. I have a back way in that involves walking across a power line onto my street. If I could make it there in daylight I'd consider it but no way I am making that one in the dark, I'd likely get my ass shot by some over zealous fat swat guy with a twinkie holster.

Here in Woburn as well (not in a Cummings building, also it was not me). Unmarked went passed me while I was walking to giovanni's for lunch, guy seemed to be in such a hurry he had his siren on but no lights. I wondered what was going on.

Yeah, awarded posthumously...but don't allow that to deter you [crying]

Here's the funny part. When I was fighting terr'ists back in the day, the first incident was often only the bait to draw the security forces onto the location of the actual (redacted).

Maybe that's not relevant but it just strikes me as totally wrong that we could even joke about being shot for the crime of walking up to a police officer. If anyone was actually serious about terr'ism - and I'm not, believe me Mr. NSA - reality would take a different direction.

Last edited:
Wife just texted she is home. I don't know if the situation is over though.

To be clear this has NOTHING a to do with a school in any way. The local school was sort of locked down due to proximity and kids who's bus route was close to the event had to be picked up at school.

Back
Top Bottom