• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

School me on Moon Clips

I have a mix of steel and polymer moon clips for my S&W 625. The steel are sturdy and pretty hard to get the empty hulls out of but the polymer are just the opposite, very easy to load with rounds and to remove hulls. I got them for use at the range but would certainly not want to bet my life on them in a gunfight. They are called RIMZ and sold by Beckham Product Design - Ez Moon Clips.

Screw your speed loaders. Get a conventional revolver and one of these thingies:

Saw a YT on it this weekend. Fascinating. LOL

Screw your speed loaders. Get a conventional revolver and one of these thingies:

It’s an old idea. Dig back into the patents and this has been around for 100 years in a few iterations. Like 10
Really cool stuff.

I’ve been debating sending my revolver out to have the cylinder machined for moon clips.

I love the idea of this because it lays flat I wonder how long it lasts or it breaks easy. I feel like moon clips might be more reliable, but kind of a bitch to work with. Plus you need to buy the clips and the tools.
There is one benefit missing from that cool little gadget with the moon rings you’re going to get an injection every time.

Thanks for posting definitely something to think about
Edit… I wonder if you can leave it stored for a long time laid flat.. if it eventually ruins, the spring my guess will be at last long time before that happens but I’m curious I don’t know anybody who’s ever owned one of these

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom