• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

School me on Glock night sights.

I have basic truglo metal sights, just tritium, no fiber optic. I do like trijicons better. I think as long as they are metal and have a vertical front edge on the rear sight (so you can run the gun one-handed) you should be ok. The truglos are a very cost effective option and I like them. I had XS big dots for years before that and I don't like them any more. I have found in a stressful situation you don't use your sights hardly at all, and if you do you want them for a precision shot, so the big dot is kind of pointless. I shoot better with the new sights than with the XS sights.

I would 100% get an installer tool (I have this one but you can find in-stock similar models everywhere): Amazon product ASIN B016X5STKSView: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016X5STKS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Trijicon bright and toughs for me. I like the 3 white dots with green inserts. I prefer the smaller front sight dot. Pic pulled from the interwebs. B75E6E18-897E-4AC6-A27A-B0B5324D8FAE.jpeg

XS or Trijicon HD's

Style is a personal thing. I run XS dxt2 big dots with the large glowy green front dot, there is nothing faster on a defensive/carry gun. My second favorite is the Trijicon HD's with the orange front dot.

all good iron sights now cost like in an area of $80+. it is ridiculous. a $100 for a set of tritium irons.

i like sights to have all white circles, it makes it easier to aim at daylight.

7D913B45-6DEF-487C-A418-2DA2ECFD85DF.jpeg

As others have said Trigicon, many people use one color on the front site and another on the rear....

My G43 ended up with ameriglo fronts and trijicon rears.

I honestly don't notice a difference in quality or brightness between the two.

Back
Top Bottom