• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

School me on binary triggers.

If you had a squib, how is a new round getting in the chamber? Are we saying it had enough energy to push the bullet past the gas port and extract/eject the last casing and feed the next, but not enough to get the rest of the way out of the barrel?

Yes, it happens.

If you had a squib, how is a new round getting in the chamber? Are we saying it had enough energy to push the bullet past the gas port and extract/eject the last casing and feed the next, but not enough to get the rest of the way out of the barrel?
Most squibs prevent a new round from chambering, but I did see one in a 40 S&W single stack 1911 that went far enough to allow the next round to chamber, be discharged, pregnant guppy the barrel and crack the cone style comp threaded onto the barrel.

I have a fostech in an AR never had an issue. You dont want to fire on release just flip the switch. Also you can fire only on the pull
Can I fire only on release and not on the pull?

That would be such a mind f*ck.

I got to try one for the first time this past weekend in a 10-22. Fun range toy. With a little practice you can burn through ammo on binary. Trigger pull on semi was decent. Only malfunction we saw was one 22 round that just refused to get into the chamber.

If you did have one cartridge that had enough juice to cycle the action, but not enough to clear the muzzle you would probably end up stacking some bullets behind it. I'm not sure how likely that actually is. Greater than zero chance, but how much greater?

I don't think I would ever put one in a center fire. 22LR's at the right price point for that kind of fun.

Imagine getting a squib. You know it, but you can't release the trigger. Although you will most likely release the trigger after shooting that way for so many years.

Is there some safety mechanism around this?
This is a risk every time I shoot a machine gun, but quality ammo and hope for the best.

Imagine getting a squib. You know it, but you can't release the trigger. Although you will most likely release the trigger after shooting that way for so many years.

Is there some safety mechanism around this?
Most of them have a way you can cancel it by holding the trigger back and enabling the safety or similar. Then it resets and wont fire on release.

My interest in mag dumping has gone downhill ever since ammo became gucci.
I have two friends with binary guns, the best kind, someone else’s toys!!!

They were very fun to play with back when ammo was cheap. Nobody plays with those toys recently….

I believe you can get the full one that is safe, semi, and binary in the full auto position or a cheaper version that is just safe and binary.

They can make a lot of ammo go bye bye real
Quick. A nice trigger you can get rid almost as much ammo almost as quickly. I’d rather the nicer trigger….

With an AR do y'all really think a squib is going to make the barrel explode? It might swell a bit but there isn't enough energy blow it wide open.

Ok so I have an SP5 SBR and put one in. Fun at the range until a guy on the Board told me to stop and never use it again at our range. He opined that they were considered to make the rifle into a MG in Mass and therefore illegal according to our club rules. I am thinking of disputing this but don’t really want to rock the boat at my club. Anyone else have issues like this?

Ok so I have an SP5 SBR and put one in. Fun at the range until a guy on the Board told me to stop and never use it again at our range. He opined that they were considered to make the rifle into a MG in Mass and therefore illegal according to our club rules. I am thinking of disputing this but don’t really want to rock the boat at my club. Anyone else have issues like this?
Fudds at MA ranges is an issue, yes

His opinion doesn't matter. I would challenge him on that.

You could say his smoothbore shotgun is a cannon, I am sure those are also not allowed in your club. You can totally ignore bore size just like he ignores that the trigger is not a MG.

The downside to his challenge is that they might just ban binary triggers. The upside is it will expose his BS.

I would continue shooting it when he is not around.

Just ignore him and keep on rocking it. I hear full auto all the time here in NH. As long as it’s not waking up kids, nobody cares.

Yes, they do have a place, and it's a big "giggle factor" (especially .22 rimfire). For the added safety just be sure to keep your muzzle pointed on target until your finger is removed from the trigger housing. Nothing unsafe with binaries, just takes understanding, and paying attention to exactly what mode of fire your in. My Tippman M4 rimfire pistol with a Franklin Armory binary. IMG_20211113_171449891.jpg

Last edited:
I have a Franklin Binary in my Scorpion SBR. Fun as hell,never had a jam (probably shot over a few K rounds) and as close to a machine gun, or pretty much the same IMO. Surprisingly easy to manage recoil and even more so I'd imagine once my can comes in. I also have a 22 binary, AR binary and also an AK binary.. I guess you could say I'm a Binary whore 😂

Back
Top Bottom