• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Scavenger 6 survival gun

Cool idea. Been done before but I like it. The ergonomics look god awful.

Seems appealing if you’re getting ready for the end of days but the price is way too much.

Looks like a fantastic concept, part of me wants one..... another part is looking at the $2k price tag and saying no thanks!

Like me a red dot as much or more than anyone else, but I went looking to buy batteries for one this AM and could only find one.....

Why not just get a remington 700 and then you can wander around collecting these for free? Well, i guess a buck each unless you're a reloader.

You just know, if S ever actually HTF, the few dudes that have this, be all end all gun, are gettin capped by some Cletus with a 10/22, sporting a case of Skoal, and 2500 rounds in a regular backpack.
Then, our Jim-Bob marksman, is gunna be confused as hell as to why this, loud talkin city folk m*fer has a total of 67 rounds of ammo, in 23 different calibers, for his goofy ass gun.

Also, my wife just pointed out that it looks as though someone strapped a Taurus Judge on steroids to a golf club, a putter to be exact.

She’s not wrong. Please, no one say that out loud though.

Wow only 12 grand for the whole package.

I think I’d rather buy four or five of the nicest rifles
I could find in the most common calibers for that kind of money.

For that kind of money, the Brownell barrels of 5.56 would be a smarter investment in preparation
of TEOTWAWKI situation.

You just know, if S ever actually HTF, the few dudes that have this, be all end all gun, are gettin capped by some Cletus with a 10/22, sporting a case of Skoal, and 2500 rounds in a regular backpack.
Then, our Jim-Bob marksman, is gunna be confused as hell as to why this, loud talkin city folk m*fer has a total of 67 rounds of ammo, in 23 different calibers, for his goofy ass gun.

In a cruel and and unjust world, the last man standing will be armed with a Flobert Parlor rifle. [angry]

It's like a golf bag full of clubs, and you're stuck in a trap with no wedge.

Also, my wife just pointed out that it looks as though someone strapped a Taurus Judge on steroids to a golf club, a putter to be exact.

She’s not wrong. Please, no one say that out loud though.

"And that is the story of how Tinker found out that his wife, well, she too is an NES member..."

It's like a golf bag full of clubs, and you're stuck in a trap with no wedge.

That is some serious metaphorical stuff Snax. We’re all just swinging away at the golf ball of life, and all I get is a face full of sand while my ball rolks backwards.
Golf sucks :(

Time to buy a new club! 12 gauge wedge, me thinks.

I got a better survival gun that never runs out of ammo

a229_1.jpg

in general, it is a bad idea to have two different weapons with different caliber cartridges. Too easy to put the wrong size in the barrel, where it might jam, or worse, cause an explosion.

A lot of state hunting laws have bullet sizes specified for certain seasons, so getting caught in the woods with a gun that has a not-allowed bullet size during hunting season would be a big no-no.

I guess they are playing on the concept of...in a SHTF situation, who knows what type of bullets you can find....so might as well have 8 barrels?

12 k have to pass on that. The 2 prevalent cartridges to have for me were I had one would be 9 mm Luger and 223. Those are the most popular rounds that would be good as barter.

Things I learned from their website:

1. Tim Ralston is the "World's Number 1 Survival Expert and Inventor." Who knew?
2. The actual "barrel" length is 7"--the length of the "cylinder barrel." That thing that looks like a barrel is a big-ass sewer pipe that allows passage of projectiles up to .45cal.
3. Tim Ralston likes to have his picture taken in "Walking Dead," post-apocalyptic settings.
4. A gun built for the post-civilization wasteland has the advantage of only having "to register one gun with the ability to shoot multiple bullets, saving you time and hassle." because registration in the post-civilization wasteland is a thing.
5. The "Survival CB" has one chamber each of 22., .38 spec /.35, 9mm , 45ACP, 45 colt/.410 , and .223, which would make it either a single shot "revolver," or a most interesting "cylinder dump."
6. You can "Be the first to own a Scavenger 6 gun." Yes. Yes, I'll bet you can.

Cool idea. Been done before but I like it. The ergonomics look god awful.

Seems appealing if you’re getting ready for the end of days but the price is way too much.

If you think End of Days is coming, best to go deep in hock beforehand. ;)

Will not buy based on the rank gayness of the promo vid.

(deepvoice) Wait. You mean we don't all talk like this. Never before have you had the ability to talk like this. Now, in this Post-Apocalyptic wasteland. . . (/deepvoice)

That was pretty funny.

I saw on the Chive an AR stock (apparently fixed based on the compartment and such) that held a compact Glock in the stock that dropped out when you pressed a lever. While cool, it's another solution looking for a problem.

Screw the gun, how is this guy keeping his hair looking so magnificent during the apocalypse?

And we shit on the video and concept, but this guy knows his audience. Can we order it with a Punisher symbol on the recoil pad?

Weird. The description makes it seem like the cylinder is the barrel, which would kind of explain why the cylinder is so long. That would suggest the "barrel" at the end isn't really used in the traditional sense. This is just a really long revolver with multi caliber cylinders then (which makes me raise an eyebrow over the price). I wonder how MA would see this gun--as a pistol or a rifle, considering the CB doesn't meet 16" on its own.

I think I'd go Chiappa M6 over this one.

Weird. The description makes it seem like the cylinder is the barrel, which would kind of explain why the cylinder is so long. That would suggest the "barrel" at the end isn't really used in the traditional sense. This is just a really long revolver with multi caliber cylinders then (which makes me raise an eyebrow over the price). I wonder how MA would see this gun--as a pistol or a rifle, considering the CB doesn't meet 16" on its own.

I think I'd go Chiappa M6 over this one.

If a long muzzle device on a 14.5” barrel counts twords a 16” barrel, the “permanently attached” extension tube probably does too.

Back
Top Bottom