Say it isn't so......

I was reading some articles on digg this morning and came across this little article. It is about strange Sunday laws that exist in some states. I got a laugh when i read down the boat about MA's weird Sunday law. I have no idea whether it is true or no. Maybe if someone has a lot of spare time on their hands they might be able to dig it up.

http://www.divinecaroline.com/22323/79382-seventh-day-legislated--strange-sunday

I'm always skeptical of these lists. It's not that I believe there is any flavor of insanity that's beyond legislatures, but that they're invariably in the form of typical internet BS: a small number of verifiable entries, a few more that are obsolete or grossly distorted, and the vast majority with absolutely no citation or basis to judge. It doesn't matter whether the list is "Strange Laws", "Other Uses for Coca-Cola" (or for WD-40), or whatever.

Ken

Ken

It probably goes back to the late 17th century during King Phillip's War, when Indians made it a habit to raid villages when everybody was at church on Sunday, and not home monitoring their houses.

Back
Top Bottom