Saw a strange flag today

In a "loose" sense I've heard DC and Puerto Rico called states..But to say 57 without even included AL and HI is a bit odd.

Actually - 66 is a lot closer to reality than Obama's 57.
There are 16 territories, which would make 66. Only 5 are inhabited: American Samoa, Guam, Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico and US Virgin Islands. The uninhabited territories are along the line of Midway Atoll and Wake Island.

Strange, I always thought DC counted as a territory.

Co-incidentally, the NRA posted this today on FB:

42526359_2451911491493534_181268639461146624_n.jpg

There’s an old guy that lives down the street from me, I drive by his house often and on the side of his barn he has an American flag (small/approx 12x18) hanging upside down (stapled or nailed there).

He also has a large flag pole in the front yard with a flag flying normally. Always makes me wonder what he’s thinking, why is it upside down? I understand the meaning behind an upside down flag, but he has both.

I’ve always wanted to stop and ask him but I figure his property his business and also I don’t want to get shot. lol

This! NOT all cops are bad. Just the double standard, sometimes triple, that makes some of think they're more equal.

This. I encountered a cop recently who appreciated what I had on the back of my car (look left now). He got it, in spite of serving in the DPRM.

Obama made it?

In the world 0bama and his fellow travelers want to create states and citizenship don't matter. Only serfs and lords. From the party that pretends to be about equality. Go figure.

There’s an old guy that lives down the street from me, I drive by his house often and on the side of his barn he has an American flag (small/approx 12x18) hanging upside down (stapled or nailed there).

He also has a large flag pole in the front yard with a flag flying normally. Always makes me wonder what he’s thinking, why is it upside down? I understand the meaning behind an upside down flag, but he has both.

I’ve always wanted to stop and ask him but I figure his property his business and also I don’t want to get shot. lol

Isn't the upside down flag a call for help? I think it's also a sign that a particular position is being overrun.

Isn't the upside down flag a call for help? I think it's also a sign that a particular position is being overrun.

Yes it’s considered an official sign of distress or dire need for help. It has also been used (incorrectly) by some in protest for whatever they’re protesting this week.

His has been upside down for at least 3 years now, but also has one flying properly on a pole.

Yes it’s considered an official sign of distress or dire need for help. It has also been used (incorrectly) by some in protest for whatever they’re protesting this week.

His has been upside down for at least 3 years now, but also has one flying properly on a pole.

Sounds like he has a lot of trouble .

Fire Departments do it as well but a Red Stripe
Morris Plains FD had 3-stripe Black/Blue/Black decals
on the front corners of their apparatus' very shiny chrome bumpers,
as of the Memorial Day weekend parade.

Ironically, nothing equivalent on the police cruisers.

Maybe the Jakes get fewer speeding tickets from MPPD that way.

ETA:
vrvx1e.jpg

Last edited:
Wrong. It’s worn on the right shoulder during times of war to show the stars leading the way or charging into battle, which is why it’s reversed.
I stand corrected on the right vs left arm, but iirc, it has nothing to do with times of war, just that it was never seen to be in retreat.

Back
Top Bottom