Saw a strange flag today

M60

NES Member
I drove by a house today that had what appeared to be two American flags flying. One was the usual red, white and blue American flag. The other was a black, white and blue flag, that looked like the American flag in all other respects. Does anyone here know what the miscolored flag is all about?

DuraSleek-Thin-Blue-Line-American-Flag-Pole-Sleeve_2.jpg

I think Firefighters do it too, but with them, it's more subtle. [wink]

I have a couple T-shirts with that motiff on them, black US map with the stars and bars across the map. I'd rather the black with 'color' than defacing the actual flag with it. That's 'my' rationale anyway. I wouldn't want a red, white, and blue flag with with a defacement on it.

To be fair, there's also versions with a red stripe for firemen and I saw one with a green stripe which I assumed was for the military. Just a marketing thing that people use to sell stuff.

To be fair, there's also versions with a red stripe for firemen and I saw one with a green stripe which I assumed was for the military. Just a marketing thing that people use to sell stuff.
Well, just because it's for sale doesn't mean it needs to be purchased. I have more than one gun that can prove THAT theory. The problem with flags like that, ESPECIALLY (imnsho) when it's the police version, is that it is not only perceived, but INTENDED to be a status/class identifier.

Well, just because it's for sale doesn't mean it needs to be purchased. I have more than one gun that can prove THAT theory. The problem with flags like that, ESPECIALLY (imnsho) when it's the police version, is that it is not only perceived, but INTENDED to be a status/class identifier.
Yeah I agree. Fwiw I dont own any of those, just pointing out that its a marketing thing, similar to the yellow ribbon magnets that people put on their cars which turned into a thousand different versions for a thousand different causes.

It's just the ongoing militarization of the police, making them more special people. To me, that flag is offensive and disrespectful to all have have served under it.

It also sort of makes me glad that most of the police have been run off this board.

I drove by a house today that had what appeared to be two American flags flying. One was the usual red, white and blue American flag. The other was a black, white and blue flag, that looked like the American flag in all other respects. Does anyone here know what the miscolored flag is all about?
my next door neighbor does the same, and he flies a gadsden flag out back. don't know what his situation is, if he's a cop or not and if he's pro 2a. i don't think it's good etiquette to just ask out right...is it?

my next door neighbor does the same, and he flies a gadsden flag out back. don't know what his situation is, if he's a cop or not and if he's pro 2a. i don't think it's good etiquette to just ask out right...is it?

That's a good question. I don't know. I'm still trying to understand why the police would take it upon themselves to change the colors of the American flag.

That's a good question. I don't know. I'm still trying to understand why the police would take it upon themselves to change the colors of the American flag.

The police didn’t change it. Some marketing company did to make money off the flag and some police officers fell for it thinking “wow cool we have our own flag now.” Those are the ones I generally avoid. Grey man. Do your job and stfu about it.

I can’t stand seeing anything like that changed about our flag. Old Glory is beautiful just the way she is.

It's just the ongoing militarization of the police, making them more special people. To me, that flag is offensive and disrespectful to all have have served under it.

It also sort of makes me glad that most of the police have been run off this board.

Not all of us. Some of us can still put up with the small amount of real a**h***s that’re still here so it’s kind of a wash.

Last edited:
It's the us vs them elevated class of the modern police mentality. Not all police officers are this way but it's becoming more prevalent.

I got into a debate recently with a Boston cop that I know in the national guard. He was blabbering about how cop killers should get automatic life with no parole. I asked him why a cops life is worth more than my wife or sons or any other persons. He got all pissy and said it's because cops put their life on the line every day and are far more likely to be placed in harms way than my wife or son. I said "piss off" And walked away. The older I get.....And the more I understand what true freedom is.....The more skeptical I become of every cop I meet.

The police didn’t change it. Some marketing company did to make money off the flag and some police officers fell for it thinking “wow cool we have our own flag now.” Those are the ones I generally avoid. Grey man. Do your job and stfu about it.

I can’t stand seeing anything like that changed about our flag. Old Glory is beautiful just the way she is.
Your right the police didn't change it......But they are buying them.......It's the same thing.

I doubt anyone meant any disrespect to the American Flag. Like some have said, it's just a marketing tool. No matter what anyone in this world does nowadays, someone will take offense to it. Just the way things are now. It's not worth fellow NES'RS bickering back and forth about it. Just my opinion. We'll see what happens next to wind us up.

Back
Top Bottom