Sand Blasting Media

Hey guys.

I just picked up a siphon feed sand blaster and im planning a few projects. First I want to blast my AR mags and refinish them.

Are there any suggestions as to what type of media I should use for the aluminum? Id like to remove the old paint but obvioulsy not damage the metal.

The other project I have it to repaint my snowblower. My thought was to use sifted sandbox sand as im trying to blast off the old powdercoat and the rust that has accumulated.

Does anyone have some thoughts or suggestions for me on this?

Call Dawson McDonald in Wilmington, they are the largest supplier of blasting media in the area.

If you use play sand you need to get a respirator. Inhalation of the silica dust can be very damaging to your lungs.

just buy the proper blasting media its actually pretty cheap.

Are your AR mags actually painted or anodized like most are? Blasting is not as good at removing anodizing.

If you use play sand you need to get a respirator. Inhalation of the silica dust can be very damaging to your lungs.

just buy the proper blasting media its actually pretty cheap.

Are your AR mags actually painted or anodized like most are? Blasting is not as good at removing anodizing.

Its the typical GI teflon coating. I would have use a repirator among other things regardless.

Back
Top Bottom