AK receiver blasting in SE NH?

DispositionMatrix

NES Member
I need to get a new, heat-treated, etched, AKM receiver blasted--probably with Al₂O₃ or whatever gets it to matte for bluing. It is completely stripped and bone dry. I messaged a couple of industrial places but never heard back. Is there anyone in southeastern NH who does this kind of work?

If it is a ready to assemble lower, it has to be done by a FFL ( 07? 03?)

I may be wrong, someone correct me if I am

It wouldn't surprise me if even an 80% would be refused

If it is a ready to assemble lower, it has to be done by a FFL ( 07? 03?)

I may be wrong, someone correct me if I am

I believe you are correct. That had gotten by me. I found a local FFL who does Cerakote, so they must do blasting.

80% are now considered 100%
I need to get a new, heat-treated, etched, AKM receiver blasted--probably with Al₂O₃ or whatever gets it to matte for bluing. It is completely stripped and bone dry. I messaged a couple of industrial places but never heard back. Is there anyone in southeastern NH who does this kind of work?
AK receivers are not very large and can be done with a small sandblaster. You can use fine sand to get a matte finish.

Only needs to be a FFL IF the item is left with the person. If you stay with it (arrive/leave with it same day) then there's no issue.

I wouldn't use sand for this. Besides the particles that produces being not nice to your lungs, it's also a matter of what grit is being used. For Cerakote work, they specify what grit is used (it etches the item, resulting in a zero dimension loss/gain when Cerakote is properly applied).

Try reaching out to McPherson firearms. They are a NH ak builder who may be able to point you in the right direction. Or call around a few shops that do cerakoting. Maybe they have some contacts

MacPherson is doing a Cerakote on another rifle for me. I assume they farm that out. Obviously blasting is involved, but I'm trying to reduce the number of hands through which this receiver will pass, all of whom will require dollars. There is a guy local to me who might be willing to do it.

Back
Top Bottom