• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Salesforce goes after fully semi-auto retailers

Safeforce blows. Had to endure it for 5 years while supporting a major design application. Yes, sales software shoehorned into support software. It was a very painful experience I hope to never repeate. As already mentioned they should stick to fixing bugs and not trying to please the fuds.

Dude....Lightning is a PITA. At work I have 3 instances of SFDC for different products (came with companies we acquired).

2 are classic view (whatever they call it).
1 is lightning.

Lightning s**ks.

That being said, I thought it was my companies desicion to switch to lightning. I didnt know SFDC was forcing companies.

No argument. It just seems they are moving towards being the software vendor of huge inside-sales organizations. Again, 8 years really is a long time. I'm just not looking forward to another 3 months of data migration and such. Ugh.

I did pretty well on my last system. I had a custom Lotus Notes DB for 15 years. I only migrated off of it b/c it was. . . well, 15 years old and I had concerns of compatibility going forward. It worked very well. Very hands on. Plus I wanted cloud storage versus local server.

I've got 45 days. I'm still testing. It just seems silly in a lot of ways. If it doesn't work out, I'll have to go elsewhere. Looking for a solution that requires a programmer doesn't sound like a plan. (Which is why I went with Salesforce to begin with.)

with a P/E ratio north of 108 they should concentrate on finding more customers, not fewer! Or maybe they need to eliminate the dead weight (SJWs)

No argument. It just seems they are moving towards being the software vendor of huge inside-sales organizations. Again, 8 years really is a long time. I'm just not looking forward to another 3 months of data migration and such. Ugh.

I did pretty well on my last system. I had a custom Lotus Notes DB for 15 years. I only migrated off of it b/c it was. . . well, 15 years old and I had concerns of compatibility going forward. It worked very well. Very hands on. Plus I wanted cloud storage versus local server.

I've got 45 days. I'm still testing. It just seems silly in a lot of ways. If it doesn't work out, I'll have to go elsewhere. Looking for a solution that requires a programmer doesn't sound like a plan. (Which is why I went with Salesforce to begin with.)

Theres no shortage of programmers out there. Why not support a local man and his family?

Sounds like they think they have too many customers. That means more for their competitors.

Bottom line of most of this discussion is that there are viable, maybe even better, options out there.

What about Netsuite?

I was told by a Nersuite admin that it can do everything SFDC does. I used ot for sales, so I dont know much about its capabilities. The company severely limited what we could do to pretty much nothing except running two reports and entering notes. Lol.

A little off topic ... this is how retarded people in SF are getting. A co-worker went to a Customer Success conference last week. He told me one of the presenters (a woman - Born a woman) on her second slide had some personal stuff as an intro and one of the things said: "at 4 years old, I identified as a woman".

Last edited:
Theres no shortage of programmers out there. Why not support a local man and his family?

Well, I've been burned twice doing that. Local guy who promises the world and then is out of business in a year. Actually it happened 3x but the 3rd time it was a slow decline that I saw coming.

Independent programmers have a hard time BECAUSE there is no barrier to entry and any dipwad can try and sell his services and make everyone else look bad.

Having a major company run the DB - even if it doesn't run exactly like I want - is a lot safer because I don't have to worry that something doesn't work and my guy is "too busy" or just "doesn't do that anymore."

Tucker Carlson made an interesting observation yesterday, traditionally it was citizens who boycotted corporations - now it's corporations who are boycotting citizens (like Netflix and Disney in Georgia too).

Salesforce discriminating against people engaging in lawful commerce.... hmmm.... wonder what kind of reaction they would get if they decided they wanted to discriminate against blacks or gays engaging in lawful commerce. Kind of seems like the same thing to me.

The tech giant’s policy states that it was barring customers that sell select firearms, including certain semi-automatic firearms, 3D printed guns, ghost guns, and firearms without serial numbers. The policy also forbids customers from selling certain firearm accessories, including “multi-burst trigger devices.

Wow

The tech giant’s policy states that it was barring customers that sell select firearms, including certain semi-automatic firearms, 3D printed guns, ghost guns, and firearms without serial numbers. The policy also forbids customers from selling certain firearm accessories, including “multi-burst trigger devices.

Wow

Well at least the musket shooters are ok.

#blackmusketsmatter

I'm disappointed in this move, but also just a little skeptical. I've been deeply involved in the CRM industry for 25 years and have made most of my money the last few years doing Salesforce implementations for small and medium sized businesses and non-profits. Also, Comm2A is deeply dependent upon the Salesforce nonprofit product, (which is great). We'll just have to see how this all shakes out. I'd be very surprised if they actually dumped a major customer over this.

PS: If you don't like your Salesforce (or for that matter any other packaged software application) at work, it likely has more to do with the folks doing the implementation than with the underlying software package.

Maybe Dicks will fight them.

Ok, that was a bad joke. Dicks might use this as an excuse to remove whatever they have left.

I'm disappointed in this move, but also just a little skeptical. I've been deeply involved in the CRM industry for 25 years and have made most of my money the last few years doing Salesforce implementations for small and medium sized businesses and non-profits. Also, Comm2A is deeply dependent upon the Salesforce nonprofit product, (which is great). We'll just have to see how this all shakes out. I'd be very surprised if they actually dumped a major customer over this.

PS: If you don't like your Salesforce (or for that matter any other packaged software application) at work, it likely has more to do with the folks doing the implementation than with the underlying software package.

Are you saying I'm my own worst enemy??? ROFL!!!

Just nailed a contract to move a major property management company to SugrarCRM. The owner is an NRA Instructor and on the board of a gunclub. All I had to do was email him a link to that wapo article. He was already on the fence because of performance issues.

If you like your Salesforce, you can keep your Salesforce? :D

We just had a client threaten to go from Microsoft Dynamics CRM to Salesforce because they weren't happy with the product we delivered. Despite the fact that we delivered exactly what their project manager and former CIO wanted.

I laughed.

from a buddy who works there: the stance on firearms was started by ONE employee, who posted a question on internal chat boards, asking what the company was going to do to prevent the software from being used to sell 'devices of death'.

one guy.

my friend also said, if you work there and you're conservative, you keep your mouth shut.

Or what?

Serious question -- what is Salesforce going to do if a company already implemented their solution before this policy change? They gonna do a format c:? rm -r ? take it out? cancel their license and issue a refund?

I work for a Cisco partner and many of our CRM customers use Salesforce as a front-end for their contact center agents.

Seriously -- does this 'policy' carry any weight? Could or would the company remove salesforce if the customer legally sold guns and gun-related products? What, from a legal perspective, could be done either way?

Or is this all just posturing?

Also - URL Hacks don't work with Lightning. I don't know what that means, but it came up on a recent incident I was working.

Benioff was just on CNBC. Says he was brought up hunting and has been a lifelong gun owner.

He bowed to the pressures of his crunchy granola liberal CA employees, all of whom will die during the zombie apocalypse or "the big one" earthquake that removes CA from North America.

f*** SalesForce. I cant stand that POS CRM. It used to take me 3 minutes to enter an order, now it takes me 7. Takes me an extra nearly hour at the end of each day at times.

Back
Top Bottom