Salesforce goes after fully semi-auto retailers

Nope, time to f***ing nuke this shit from orbit. This is pure discrimination against a lawful business practice.

But yes, it's pure virtue signaling. There's literally no reason why a gun shop would be using Salesforce in the first place.

Frickin Salesforce should spend less time on their Social Justice Bullspit and more time on making their program work. Forcing me into "Lightning Experience" in 45 or so days. There are clear holes in the "experience." Holes that have been there for years. No one is rushing to fix them and they are part of the program that is NOT customizable.

There was nothing wrong with the old "classic" version.

I seriously thought Salesforce would be my last migration of data. It was 8 years ago. I'm concerned that by year-10, I'm going to have to migrate again and learn a whole new system. This latest shenanigans is just icing on that cake.

I bet if I sold crystal meth or employed a bunch of "sex workers" I could still use their software. LOL

I would say this is no different than the baker who refused to make the specific cake for the couple but in this case salesforce changed the terms and conditions after the fact. You can argue other vendors exist but unlike the case with the baker acquiring and implementing a new software it’s very time consuming and very expensive. This will be interesting on different levels to see how it plays out. If the left also argues that a corporation is not an entity with the same protections as individuals will they flip now and ask them to be protected as an individual?

Frickin Salesforce should spend less time on their Social Justice Bullspit and more time on making their program work. Forcing me into "Lightning Experience" in 45 or so days. There are clear holes in the "experience." Holes that have been there for years. No one is rushing to fix them and they are part of the program that is NOT customizable.

I seriously thought Salesforce would be my last migration of data. It was 8 years ago. I'm concerned that by year-10, I'm going to have to migrate again and learn a whole new system. This latest shenanigans is just icing on that cake.

I bet if I sold crystal meth or employed a bunch of "sex workers" I could still use their software. LOL

About 5 years is the average life span of a CRM/Sales system in my experience. This is usually a top-driven decision, though. Old CIO leaves, new one comes in and wants something different.

I would say this is no different than the baker who refused to make the specific cake for the couple but in this case salesforce changed the terms and conditions after the fact. You can argue other vendors exist but unlike the case with the baker acquiring and implementing a new software it’s very time consuming and very expensive.

And in the case of the baker refusing service, the baker in question actually referred the customers to a different baker. Salesforce gives no f***s about you finding alternative service.

We transitioned to SFDC lightning a month ago - I am on the sales side of the "experience" and IMHO I find it unnecessarily complicated with many more steps needed to get done what I need to in the last version of SFDC. On the other hand it seems to be better integrated with SAP and our other systems. Good luck!

I think salesforce is discriminating against a right and being a corporation shouldn’t have the same protections under the constitution as individuals (the baker) so they can’t claim freedom of speech. Just using the progressive lefts playbook

I make so much money moving people from salesforce to sugarcrm its hilarious. Who TF would pay $75 a user a month when you can buy a $3k server and pay a programmer $125 an hour to mostly turn off modules you don't need. It's so flexible I've even had skinflint clients sucessfully use the wrong modules because they were 'close enough'. Most popular is for the lawyers, sugarcrm has a nice opensource document generator. Open the record with youe client info, hit documents/209a and you print out a restraining order with all the info from the record, and bill the client an hour. Great for mailings too, it can print envelopes and letters with content aggregated from client records, we see it's been x days since we heard from you, please enjoy this coupon for discounted service.

I've got a buddy who works for Salesforce. great $$, great benes...but the bull$hit is unreal. you have to donate X hours to 'humanitarian projects' annually. monthly conf calls re: LGBTXYZ, individualism, personal freedoms, harassment, on and on.

I make so much money moving people from salesforce to sugarcrm its hilarious. Who TF would pay $75 a user a month when you can buy a $3k server and pay a programmer $125 an hour to mostly turn off modules you don't need. It's so flexible I've even had skinflint clients sucessfully use the wrong modules because they were 'close enough'. Most popular is for the lawyers, sugarcrm has a nice opensource document generator. Open the record with youe client info, hit documents/209a and you print out a restraining order with all the info from the record, and bill the client an hour. Great for mailings too, it can print envelopes and letters with content aggregated from client records, we see it's been x days since we heard from you, please enjoy this coupon for discounted service.

IMHO CRM software is a pox on humanity, but if there's a need for it, it's stupid to overpay for it... the reason Salesforce or whoever gets that money is because a lot of
the software sucked so bad (eg, Goldmine) that it became an exchange like apparatus that people hated paying some black-box consultant to come in and fix, so they throw
their hands up in the air and go to the rapey cloud based option.

-Mike

This is pure virtue crap. First it’s a type of firearms then all then all hunting then all fishing then anyone with products remotely related to religion then any product that is not compatible with liberal views etc. F@ salesforce

IMHO CRM software is a pox on humanity, but if there's a need for it, it's stupid to overpay for it... the reason Salesforce or whoever gets that money is because a lot of
the software sucked so bad (eg, Goldmine) that it became an exchange like apparatus that people hated paying some black-box consultant to come in and fix, so they throw
their hands up in the air and go to the rapey cloud based option.

-Mike

This is why I like GNU so much. I hand over not only the source code for the parent project but also the functions I write. The nice thing about sugar is you can develop modules in the native codebase and then write upgrade-safe modules that behave like plugins. If anyone wants to work on my code they can, and most of those functions are pretty simple. Plus I name everything nicely (function_gateway_google_api_spelling_java) You think goldmine was bad, I have some stories about ACT! that would make any consultant cry. Amicus Atty is another one. Closed source overpriced garbage. Both by Sage software BTW, who I am convinced is run by satan himself.

This is why I like GNU so much. I hand over not only the source code for the parent project but also the functions I write. The nice thing about sugar is you can develop modules in the native codebase and then write upgrade-safe modules that behave like plugins. If anyone wants to work on my code they can, and most of those functions are pretty simple. Plus I name everything nicely (function_gateway_google_api_spelling_java) You think goldmine was bad, I have some stories about ACT! that would make any consultant cry. Amicus Atty is another one. Closed source overpriced garbage. Both by Sage software BTW, who I am convinced is run by satan himself.

Regular people translation: "I type stuff on computers to make them work. See, I'm a wizard!"

You lost me at "This." ROFL!!!!

Regular people translation: "I type stuff on computers to make them work. See, I'm a wizard!"

You lost me at "This." ROFL!!!!

Sorry, what I'm saying is I don't build out software in a way that allows me to hold the client hostage, like what happens with sales force.

Goldmine was awful because basically unless you were "in the in club" you could forget about finding any documentation about how to fix problems etc. Everything went through Goldmine consultants who basically had the keys to the city. My main gripe was that the system was "Fragile" and when things went horribly off the rails, fixes were not easy to come by, etc. Then they used to have this stupid f***ing thing called GoldSync, which f***ed up all the time too. (basically it would allow you to have an offline copy of your networks goldmine database on a laptop including all linked documents.... which would sync remotely on demand or on a schedule. What a horror show that thing was)...

-Mike

"Or what?"

Seriously - what could they possibly do to a company that paid to use their software, and is involved in the very legal, and highly already regulated business of selling guns or ammunition?

They gonna do a remote "rm -r *" or otherwise disable the software?

xsvhte g
"Or what?"

Seriously - what could they possibly do to a company that paid to use their software, and is involved in the very legal, and highly already regulated business of selling guns or ammunition?

They gonna do a remote "rm -r *" or otherwise disable the software?

Yes. They'll change their usage agreement to make them not actionable for doing so first.

I have a client that came on board 2, maybe 2.5 years ago and they were in the process of integrating SF. They’re still at. I actually have to call them soon so I’ll ask if they’d made any progress.

And in the case of the baker refusing service, the baker in question actually referred the customers to a different baker. Salesforce gives no f***s about you finding alternative service.

I thought in the case of the baker, he was going to have one of his employees bake the cake but they demanded that he bake it himself.

I had no issues with SF. It's definitely designed around a bigger organization and all this crazy sales processes. But they had a "financial professionals" module that I really dug. That was 8 years ago.

Everything worked fine. VERY fine, in fact. Now in Lightning, things don't work anymore. It's designed around a call center. I don't run a call center. I don't want a 3-field call log. I'd like to use ALL of the fields - the ones standard to SF and the ones I added. Entering a brief call log then going back and editing it to get the FULL list is a PITA.

Their dashboard USED to tell you what tasks are overdue, what ones are coming up and such. Now it DEFAULTS to "today." No ability to change that. You won't get a reminder on a task until THAT DAY. You can look at overdue tasks, but not overdue PLUS today. Again - no ability to make changes to these dashboard items.

That's the problems I've found so far. It's not bad. But damn. Four years to fix this. I do searches and people were asking about fixes to this over a year ago. WTF,O???

I had no issues with SF. It's definitely designed around a bigger organization and all this crazy sales processes. But they had a "financial professionals" module that I really dug. That was 8 years ago.

Everything worked fine. VERY fine, in fact. Now in Lightning, things don't work anymore. It's designed around a call center. I don't run a call center. I don't want a 3-field call log. I'd like to use ALL of the fields - the ones standard to SF and the ones I added. Entering a brief call log then going back and editing it to get the FULL list is a PITA.

Their dashboard USED to tell you what tasks are overdue, what ones are coming up and such. Now it DEFAULTS to "today." No ability to change that. You won't get a reminder on a task until THAT DAY. You can look at overdue tasks, but not overdue PLUS today. Again - no ability to make changes to these dashboard items.

That's the problems I've found so far. It's not bad. But damn. Four years to fix this. I do searches and people were asking about fixes to this over a year ago. WTF,O???

The crazy thing is what you're asking for basically amounts to adding the fields to the UI, writing an sql query to get the data you want, dumping into an array, and dumping that array into your UI. 10 min of work on sugarcrm tops.

If this stands and doesn't hurt them, do you think they'll stop with just some guns? They'll move on to all guns, and then onto other products that don't fit their agenda. You use our software, no using plastic bags to bag customers' purchases; no selling anything that isn't environmentally sound/renewable; no selling meat because cow farts are bad, etc.

Dude....Lightning is a PITA. At work I have 3 instances of SFDC for different products (came with companies we acquired).

2 are classic view (whatever they call it).
1 is lightning.

Lightning s**ks.

That being said, I thought it was my companies desicion to switch to lightning. I didnt know SFDC was forcing companies.

Here is the policy:
https://www.salesforce.com/content/...s/policies/ExternalFacing_Services_Policy.pdf
Worldwide, customers may not use a Service to transact online sales of any of the following firearms and/or related
accessories to private citizens. Firearms: automatic firearms; semi-automatic firearms that have the capacity to
accept a detachable magazine and any of the following: thumbhole stock, folding or telescoping stock, grenade
launcher or flare launcher, flash or sound suppressor, forward pistol grip, pistol grip (in the case of a rifle) or second
pistol grip (in the case of a pistol), barrel shroud; semi-automatic firearms with a fixed magazine that can accept
more than 10 rounds; ghost guns; 3D printed guns; firearms without serial numbers; .50 BMG rifles; firearms that use
.50 BMG ammunition. Firearm Parts: magazines capable of accepting more than 10 rounds; flash or sound
suppressors; multi-burst trigger devices; grenade or rocket launchers; 80% or unfinished lower receivers; blueprints
for ghost guns; blueprints for 3D printed guns; barrel shrouds; thumbhole stocks; threaded barrels capable of
accepting a flash suppressor or sound suppressor.

I thought in the case of the baker, he was going to have one of his employees bake the cake but they demanded that he bake it himself.

My understanding was that they refused to bake a custom cake for the couple due to religious beliefs but they could purchase any other baked goods in the store. I can't find the cite at the moment, but I recall that they provided a reference to another shop that would bake the cake for the couple.

Also worth noting that they tried the same shit with a gender transition cake, likely intentionally so they could go through this whole bullshit circus all over again and try to drive the bakers out of business.

Back
Top Bottom