• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sale on Mountain House food bucket at Amazon. 44% savings.

So I actually tried Mountain House lasagna - the taste I'd liken to cafeteria food, it's fine, would be great if you're starving. But boy, it made some noise going through my digestive system! I seem to have trouble with low quality Italian food, so the other varieties might be better for me.

My wife's Italian family is still complaining about an eggplant parm that somebody made for our Easter dinner. No way they're going to survive on my Mountain House when the shit hits the fan. LOL

My wife's Italian family is still complaining about an eggplant parm that somebody made for our Easter dinner. No way they're going to survive on my Mountain House when the shit hits the fan. LOL
[smile] Sounds like "a feature" to me: One way to thin the herd when everyone thinks they'll just come to your place at TEOTWAWKI.

So I actually tried Mountain House lasagna - the taste I'd liken to cafeteria food, it's fine, would be great if you're starving. But boy, it made some noise going through my digestive system! I seem to have trouble with low quality Italian food, so the other varieties might be better for me.

I actually like the lasagna. The texture is a little off, but the taste is surprisingly good for freeze dried food.

The Swedish meatballs are good also

I actually like the lasagna. The texture is a little off, but the taste is surprisingly good for freeze dried food.

The Swedish meatballs are good also

The chili mac and cheese is also a good one.

Every couple years I have a few friends over and we burn up a few of the meals that are getting near expiration date and try a few new ones to see what we like. I then replace the ones eaten with what ever the favorites were.

We only get the fruit and veggies. The peas are fantastic. The only one that sucked was asparagras? it never seemed to soften enough to eat,they don't even offer it any more. Once opened we put it in pint jars and vacuum seal them.. The sliced strawberries never seem to need jars. One heck of a snack right out of the can....

We only get the fruit and veggies. The peas are fantastic. The only one that sucked was asparagras? it never seemed to soften enough to eat,they don't even offer it any more. Once opened we put it in pint jars and vacuum seal them.. The sliced strawberries never seem to need jars. One heck of a snack right out of the can....

All the dried fruit is awesome right out of the can. Try the apple slices

I opened a #10 can of mountain house chicken and noodles from 2007, it rehdryated and tasted about the same as when new.

I wonder how long it is really good for if unopened...

Back
Top Bottom