Safe Direction Bag

http://www.safedirection.com/ballisticcontainment/pistoltransportcasemed.html

272_Live01HangtagCrop.jpg

Interesting product - built in level IIIA bullet proofing so you can point your pistol at it when unloading, just in case, or if you're in your home/work and don't have a "safe direction" to point your pistol. Added security, I guess. Looks like they make them as bags to put your pistol in once you've cleared it, or just pads to use to clear your weapon. I saw it where it was marketed to cops, who can use their handcuffs to lock the bag and then secure the other cuff to a stationary object. (only issue I see is the availability and commonality of handcuff keys, but you can throw a lock on it) What do you guys think?

http://www.safedirection.com/ballisticcontainment/pistoltransportcasemed.html

272_Live01HangtagCrop.jpg

Interesting product - built in level IIIA bullet proofing so you can point your pistol at it when unloading, just in case, or if you're in your home/work and don't have a "safe direction" to point your pistol. Added security, I guess. Looks like they make them as bags to put your pistol in once you've cleared it, or just pads to use to clear your weapon. I saw it where it was marketed to cops, who can use their handcuffs to lock the bag and then secure the other cuff to a stationary object. (only issue I see is the availability and commonality of handcuff keys, but you can throw a lock on it) What do you guys think?

Wait, let me find my surprised face. [rolleyes]

How about making sure pistol is empty before you press the bang switch?

Wait, let me find my surprised face. [rolleyes]

How about making sure pistol is empty before you press the bang switch?

Haha, yeah. Actually, IIRC, the blurb said "it would be alot easier to explain why there was a hole in the bag as opposed to a hole in ...." yup. And a few govt agencies (FBI, DEA) have contracts with the company for the bags...

This seems like a must have for folks who have to unload regulary.
I'm a believer in the saying that if you mess with something often enough, you will eventually screw up.
If you handle firearms only ocassionally, you will be scared enough to be extra careful.
Familiarity does breed carelessness though.

In either case, an extra layer of insurance would be nice, assuming that the price is within reason.
(Otherwise just continue to point the gun at the cat while you unload.[rofl])

Jack

ETA: just checked the price ($185). Too bad about the cat.

I am glad you posted this, Just recently a guy I shoot with had a Malfunction in his 1911 style .45. While at the range, He chambered a round, and the firearm Fired when the slide slammed home. The gun has been sent to the Manufactured for repairs, but If that had happened @ home when chambering a round, It might have been a more serious concern. I think that for people that live in Multi Family Dwellings, Apts, Condo's etc, where there may not be a real SAFE Direction, this might be an interesting Idea. I think this would be better for Chambering a round, rather than pulling the trigger after you THINK the gun is clear.

Last edited:
FWIW, I just did a google search for "kevlar inserts" and found a pair of .2 x 6 x 8" inserts for about $25. They are 5 layers of kevlar. If folded twice, you would have a 3 x 4" pad with 40 layers.
Shouldn't be too expensive to find a soft pistol case for less than $100.[wink]

Jack

FWIW, I just did a google search for "kevlar inserts" and found a pair of .2 x 6 x 8" inserts for about $25. They are 5 layers of kevlar. If folded twice, you would have a 3 x 4" pad with 40 layers.

Jack

http://www.bulletblocker.com/3ribipathlei.html

$90 for a level IIIA 3 ring binder insert. The markup is for the fed gov't contracts [wink]

Jack

How about a Link.[smile]

Back
Top Bottom