• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

SAF SUES BOSTON POLICE COMMISSIONER OVER CARRY PERMIT PROCESSING DELAYS

Given the nature of the licensing officer, I suspect he is telling the truth. I asked to make an appointment Friday. I had a conflict at the time he suggested, so I had to wait until the following Monday to submit the application.

Any update on this? Last I heard the judge recorded a docket entry asserting the absence of evidence that BPD was served, and set a deadline of 12/18 for them to explain why the entire case should not be dismissed. It's surprising for what should be a straightforward matter.

Looks like they filed an amended complaint yesterday adding a plaintiff to address renewals.

Is this just against Boston? What if they point the finger at the state? Do they then add them to the lawsuit? I guess that would be one way to figure this out once and for all.

Is this just against Boston? What if they point the finger at the state? Do they then add them to the lawsuit? I guess that would be one way to figure this out once and for all.
Just against Boston. They’re not pointing a finger at the state, in fact Boston is trying to moot out the case by accepting the blame for the delays and saying steps are being taken to reduce the backlog of applications.

Just against Boston. They’re not pointing a finger at the state, in fact Boston is trying to moot out the case by accepting the blame for the delays and saying steps are being taken to reduce the backlog of applications.
That's what they always say. Call the detail line to request a detail, the phone is always answered.

It'd be nice if these folks filed an Amicus brief on the NEXT SC gun case, Thomas reads it and basically eliminates permits completely. Or it's kicked to the state of apply and receive. Cursory background check only. (NICS) Clearly the "state" cannot be trusted to provide constitutional protections on their own.

Problem with cases like this is that BPD is going to just work to a way of fixing the backlog without addressing the underlying constitutional issues.

If this were applications to vote, it would have been fixed permanently in less than a news cycle.

Back
Top Bottom