S&W Night Guard J-frames

Wow! These weren't on the S&W site yesterday when I was looking around! A whole new series of j-frames, from .357 Mag (8 rounds!) to .44 Mag (6 rounds). A little on the hefty side at around 24-29 ounces, depending on the model, for pocket carry, but interesting guns.

top of the page:

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?catalogId=11101&storeId=10001&categoryId=15704&langId=-1&parent_category_rn=15703&top_category=15703

163420_large.jpg

Last edited:
Nice, but it's still got the stupid lock.

Like I said nice pistol, but it still has the silly lock on the side. The only pistol Smith now makes that I want is the model 40 with the grip safety. I'd like it with the color case finish. Just can't buy it here in MA (yea nice place the pistol is made here but not for sale). The three Smith's I have are all pre lock and were bought brand new (new old stock).
Smith makes some cool stuff I just can't warm up to anything with a MA mandated lock.
SMITTY

Wow! These weren't on the S&W site yesterday when I was looking around! A whole new series of j-frames, from .357 Mag (8 rounds!) to .44 Mag (6 rounds). A little on the hefty side at around 24-29 ounces, depending on the model, for pocket carry, but interesting guns.

Nice guns, but not J-frames. The 386, for example, is an L-frame and the 327 is an N-frame. I'd love to get seven or eight rounds of .357 in a pocket gun but physics dictates otherwise.

Um, that lock isn't MA mandated. It's standard on all S&W revolvers and doesn't even meet the MA regulations for an internal lock. It's there because the guys that came up with the lock are the guys that bought S&W.

It's obviously your choice, but I trust my S&W revolvers, all of which have the lock, with my life.

Nice guns, but not J-frames. The 386, for example, is an L-frame and the 327 is an N-frame. I'd love to get seven or eight rounds of .357 in a pocket gun but physics dictates otherwise.

In tele_mark's defense, it's Smith & Wesson calling these "j-frames":

Home » Revolvers » Small Frame (J)

(From the link in the original post).

Last edited:
Um, that lock isn't MA mandated. It's standard on all S&W revolvers and doesn't even meet the MA regulations for an internal lock. It's there because the guys that came up with the lock are the guys that bought S&W.

It's obviously your choice, but I trust my S&W revolvers, all of which have the lock, with my life.

+1... and if you -really- want to, a competent smith (or an owner familiar with S+W wheelie internals)
can just remove the lock or render it inoperable anyways.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom