• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

S&W has a MA compliant M&P15-22 out.

Yes, if you are properly licensed and the mag is pre-ban.

The mags for the SW .22 cal AR will not be pre ban as they are proprietary, and therefore all made within the last year.

Us MA residents will have to suffice with the much less dangerous 10 rounders... [frown][crying]

i picked up both the colt licensed dedicated .22 and this s&w dedicated .22, they were both pieces of SH*@... Both went back into the boxes and my dealer sent both back to the distributors. Maybe I just got extra lucky with 2 total pieces of SH*@ but now Im holding out for the sig 522.

I am curious, what was wrong with them specifically?

The mags for the SW .22 cal AR will not be pre ban as they are proprietary, and therefore all made within the last year.

Us MA residents will have to suffice with the much less dangerous 10 rounders... [frown][crying]

Correct but the thread drifted to the new Ruger. In the Ruger vid it showed the test with a 25 round mag.

I am excited to see both of these 22s I am leaning towards the ruger though even though I will have to pin the stock and what not. But we will see once I see both and hold them.

Correct but the thread drifted to the new Ruger. In the Ruger vid it showed the test with a 25 round mag.

Ahh, missed that, thanks Jon. I was wondering why you didn't set the other issue straight.

The SR looks like some sort of 10/22 morphed into an AR look a like. Think I'll stick with my 10/22 or a Spikes upper.

I am curious, what was wrong with them specifically?

The parts were fitted terribly, almost constant FTF about every 3rd round with CCI Stingers. They both had a pretty cheap feel to begin with, I don't know if its a common thing but my dealer was even surprised at the lack of overall quality...he had no qualms sending them back. Of the top of my head, the upper didnt fit tightly or steady against the lower, it would literally click if you moved it side to side as it adjusted/ slid around. I was not impressed, but I am holding out for the sig...since it is not made by the same company as the other 2.

bought a SW 15 22lr a month ago for $399 in Rochester NH. 300 rds of Federal 550 bulk pack through it without a FTF/FTE . tried CCI minimags but based on waxy coating had some FTF, not many but some. Remingtons worked well too with maybe 3 or 4 FTF out of 150 or so. Aguila sucked! Everyone that has shot it loves it and atleast the on i have has none of the characteristics that iefstath describes above. I will stick with the Federal bulks for they functioned flawlessly and are cheaper than the CCI minimags anyway. So far nothing but a ton of fun. ALso, different from the COlt, the Smith operates identical to a true AR 15 setup..the colt does not. great training weapon and for $399, come on.

I wasn't expecting to get any more guns this year, but I have to have this one!

Can I buy it in NH or do I have to wait for one that is MA compliant?

bought a SW 15 22lr a month ago for $399 in Rochester NH. 300 rds of Federal 550 bulk pack through it without a FTF/FTE . tried CCI minimags but based on waxy coating had some FTF, not many but some. Remingtons worked well too with maybe 3 or 4 FTF out of 150 or so. Aguila sucked! Everyone that has shot it loves it and atleast the on i have has none of the characteristics that iefstath describes above. I will stick with the Federal bulks for they functioned flawlessly and are cheaper than the CCI minimags anyway. So far nothing but a ton of fun. ALso, different from the COlt, the Smith operates identical to a true AR 15 setup..the colt does not. great training weapon and for $399, come on.

you win... I think I paid around $450, although that was shortlived. Maybe I will try again if I hear some more success stories. I like the whole idea alot more than a dedicated upper.

If anyone sees one in a store give us a heads up.

The local shop down here in FL has two in stock, probably free state models. If anyone's interested I'll find out the price, they have an LE/military discount at this shop too.

The local shop down here in FL has two in stock, probably free state models. If anyone's interested I'll find out the price, they have an LE/military discount at this shop too.

My FFL down here has them for $425, or $405 if one's LEO/military, $25 shipping, and these are the free state models.

Back
Top Bottom